PDA

View Full Version : Go Mountaineers

rthomas
01-03-2008, 12:25 AM
It's a good day to be a Mountaineer. WVU where greatness is learned and couches are burned.

I just had to say it.
Woohoo!!!

billybreen
01-03-2008, 12:29 AM
WVU pulled off a surprising upset over Oklahoma, 48-28. I assumed the curse of the replacement coach would sink them, but they looked rock solid. Shame they dropped that head scratcher to Pitt.

diablesseblu
01-03-2008, 12:34 AM
What a terrific game and a real tonic for the school and the state. Can understand the appeal of the job at UM for RR...but not why he took it. How could he leave?

Also, love that it was an absolute "beat down". Great interview with Schmitt....a look at what college sports should be.

hc5duke
01-03-2008, 12:37 AM
WVU pulled off a surprising upset over Oklahoma, 48-28. I assumed the curse of the replacement coach would sink them, but they looked rock solid. Shame they dropped that head scratcher to Pitt.

I believe the official acronym is WFVU (NSFW, not "family-friendly" image here (http://tinyurl.com/3xncpu)). Back to the topic, any OU loss is good for UT fans everywhere.

billybreen
01-03-2008, 12:39 AM
I believe the official acronym is WFVU (NSFW image here (http://underscorebleach.net/jotsheet/wp-content/uploads/west-^$%^$%^$%^$%in-virginia.jpg)), like tOSU. Back to the topic, any OU loss is good for UT fans everywhere.

The filter borked your image due to filename evil.

hc5duke
01-03-2008, 12:58 AM
The filter borked your image due to filename evil.

Already fixed with tinyurl before your msg :)

Carlos
01-03-2008, 08:17 AM
Interestingly, if WVU makes a couple of field goals and doesn't take the pipe against Pitt, there's little chance Rich Rod would have left to coach Michigan. You just don't walk away from a shot at coaching a national championship team and I can't see how the Wolverines would go that long without a coach.

thebur
01-03-2008, 11:44 AM
I loved seeing that WVU offense run all over OU, and watching USC stomp Illinois and UM beat UF made me just that much more angry that there is not at least an 8 or a 12 team playoff.

This is utterly ridiculous. These teams should all have a chance to prove who is the best.

SilkyJ
01-03-2008, 12:19 PM
I loved seeing that WVU offense run all over OU, and watching USC stomp Illinois and UM beat UF made me just that much more angry that there is not at least an 8 or a 12 team playoff.

This is utterly ridiculous. These teams should all have a chance to prove who is the best.

true dat. also word up to that hire Cutliffe just made. Maybe one day we'll get to play in that playoff....of course just going to any bowl game would have me doing backflips.

Ben63
01-03-2008, 02:13 PM

I am loving all these BCS blowouts. USC over Iliinois, UGA over Hawaii, and now WVU over OU. I hope all five games are blowouts to prove that the BCS sucks.
The problem is the BCS is very effective. It does exactly what it is supposed to do, make money, not crown a true national champion. It is great for the schools because they can make upwards of $17mil for a BCS game but it does nothng for us as fans. And when there are 2 unbeaten teams and they play for the National Championship and people say the BCS worked, the BCS worked, do you really need computers to tell you 2 undefeated teams should play for the title?