PDA

View Full Version : Biggest overall thing taken from watching ACC Tourney

feldspar
03-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Brandon Costner is going to be a force in the ACC next year. This kid is only a freshman and he was the biggest offensive force in the tournamnent. State may be losing Atsur, but they have a guy they can build their offense around next year.

rthomas
03-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Parity rules in the ACC.

DukeWarhead
03-11-2007, 10:32 PM
Agreed. The ACC will be ubertough for the foreseeable future. Uva and VaTech will fade a bit, but Ga Tech and NC State will be there to take their place. I have to imagine that Wake will steadily improve, too. Not sure about BC.
No easy conference games for many years to come. Would we want it any way else?

OZZIE4DUKE
03-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Depth is over rated. So I hope it doesn't raise its ugly head again when talking about our team.

captmojo
03-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Seeing Lawson's dunk with 1 second left I remind myself that they will see each other next year.

coblue
03-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Depth is over rated. So I hope it doesn't raise its ugly head again when talking about our team.

The deepest team in the league won the tourney.

The deepest team in the SEC won.

The deepest team in the BIG 10 won...

DevilAlumna
03-12-2007, 12:44 AM
Oh that made me so mad, I threw my (empty) water bottle at the TV! It had to be the least 'basketball-aware' (and IMHO, sleazy) play I've seen this year.

My non-sporting husband just couldn't understand it... then again, bless his heart, he's only just now figuring out that there's a difference between the tournament this weekend and the one next weekend. ;)

Bob Green
03-12-2007, 01:05 AM
Brandon Costner is going to be a force in the ACC next year. This kid is only a freshman and he was the biggest offensive force in the tournamnent. State may be losing Atsur, but they have a guy they can build their offense around next year.

State will be tough next year. I agree that Costner will be a monster that Lowe can build a contender around. Losing Atsur to graduation is a big blow, but the rest of the rotation is returning and Lowe has six incoming players. Two are transfers and four are Freshmen. Of the six newbies, three are guards. One true point guard and two combo guards.

There is an article, by Thad Mumau, in the recruiting section.

Bob Green
Yokosuka, Japan

phaedrus
03-12-2007, 01:25 AM
tough to have this conversation without mentioning the nba. how long will costner stay? how long will crittendon and young stay?

Duvall
03-12-2007, 11:10 AM

That wasn't depth, that was talent. If you have a handful of future NBA players on your team, it really doesn't matter how many people you play.

Besides, the deepest team in the ACC lost in the opening round.

Classof06
03-12-2007, 12:00 PM
"State will be tough next year. I agree that Costner will be a monster that Lowe can build a contender around. Losing Atsur to graduation is a big blow, but the rest of the rotation is returning and Lowe has six incoming players. Two are transfers and four are Freshmen. Of the six newbies, three are guards. One true point guard and two combo guards."

Agreed, Bob. I came away from this tournament extremely impressed with the grit and toughness Sidney Lowe has instilled in this team, and not just because they beat Duke. To beat us, UVA, VTech, and then give UNC a game on 4 consecutive days has to have Pack fans excited about the direction of their program. Lowe looks like a real winner and being an NBA assistant coach for so many years can only help as he develops his recruiting pitch. As a Duke fan, I look for State to become increasingly strong over the next few years. Job well done.

chrisM
03-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Agreed, Bob. I came away from this tournament extremely impressed with the grit and toughness Sidney Lowe has instilled in this team, and not just because they beat Duke. To beat us, UVA, VTech, and then give UNC a game on 4 consecutive days has to have Pack fans excited about the direction of their program. Lowe looks like a real winner and being an NBA assistant coach for so many years can only help as he develops his recruiting pitch. As a Duke fan, I look for State to become increasingly strong over the next few years. Job well done.

Message from: ClassOf96, Re: ACC Tournament Weekend!

I came away from this tournament extremely impressed with the grit and toughness Herb Sendek has instilled in this team, and not just because they beat Duke. To beat us, Georgia Tech, Maryland, and then give UNC a game on 4 consecutive days has to have Pack fans excited about the direction of their program. Sendek looks like a real winner and being an assisstant to NBA coach Rick Pitino at Providence and Kentucky for so many years can only help as he develops his recruiting pitch. As a Duke fan, I look for State to become increasingly strong over the next few years. Job well done.

Chris M

DukeUsul
03-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Message from: ClassOf96, Re: ACC Tournament Weekend!

I came away from this tournament extremely impressed with the grit and toughness Herb Sendek has instilled in this team, and not just because they beat Duke. To beat us, Georgia Tech, Maryland, and then give UNC a game on 4 consecutive days has to have Pack fans excited about the direction of their program. Sendek looks like a real winner and being an assisstant to NBA coach Rick Pitino at Providence and Kentucky for so many years can only help as he develops his recruiting pitch. As a Duke fan, I look for State to become increasingly strong over the next few years. Job well done.

Chris M

LOL I was thinking the same thing.

FewFAC
03-12-2007, 03:25 PM
LOL I was thinking the same thing.

The over/under on how long until Jason Evans calls for firing Sidney Lowe?

calltheobvious
03-12-2007, 03:34 PM

The team with the best 5 starters won the ACC tourney.

The team with the best 5 starters won the SEC tourney.

The team with the best 5 starters won the Big10 tourney.

Indoor66
03-12-2007, 05:05 PM
3 .... of something....

husWagner1983
03-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Well, it was more than one thing...
1. Our offense is sometimes painful to watch compared to other teams. We hesitate or seem role confined on offense.
2. Sidney Lowe is a good coach. It'll be interesting to see how he manages more "talent" next year.