PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma beats WVU

jimsumner
12-29-2007, 08:46 PM
Capel over Huggy-bear. :)

Consider it a late Christmas present.

ArkieDukie
12-29-2007, 08:54 PM
I have never been a big Oklahoma fan, but I am pleased to see that things are going so well for Jeff Capel. His star is definitely on the rise, and I believe that his team will make some noise in the tournament this year.

dyedwab
12-29-2007, 09:19 PM
I enjoyed watching this game. and Jeff Capel's team looks like it could cause some damage. Both teams played really hard, and Oklahoma had a toughness that allowed it to persevere in a tough environment. kudos to them!!!

jimsumner
12-29-2007, 10:00 PM
I'm not sure I wouldn't rather have signed Blake Griffin than Patrick Patterson.

YmoBeThere
12-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Agreed about Griffin, we haven't had a rebounder like him on our team for some time.

jimsumner
12-29-2007, 10:02 PM
Well, if two years is some time.

YmoBeThere
12-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Well, if two years is some time.

Man, I forgot about Shelden so quickly...

dukemomLA
12-30-2007, 02:16 AM
Both teams played their hearts out! Bumping and bruising -- awesome inside game for both. I was rooting for OK -- because of Capel -- and because they're not ranked and WVU is.

I agree with the post about B.G -- fabulous game. OY! a beast. (What a fun day for CBB. A whole day of terrific games. I love this game).

JasonEvans
12-30-2007, 06:45 AM
OU has Capel locked up at $750k per season until 2012... they need to re-do that deal -- quick -- because Jeff is a heck of a coach and will be a very hot coaching commodity going forward. He should be making at least 50% more.

His club is having a strong season and seems a likely pick to challenge Texas for 3rd in the Big 12. And the outlook for the future is very nice. OU is a relatively young team and Capel has a strong recruiting class coming in for next year too led by stud shooting guard Willie Warren, a lock to be a Mickie Dee. Warren alongside Blake Griffin-- whew!

Oh, and they already have one of the better big men in the 2009 class locked up too. Capel is doing a heck of a job there and has to be considered one of the best young coaches in all of college basketball.

--Jason

Udaman
12-30-2007, 10:48 AM
This is indeed one of the seven signs. Jason Evans left a message...with nothing but his signature. Please tell me I read this wrong.

Capel winning is nice, and he's now the favorite to replace K on day (or at least should be)....but no tag line from Jason???

Uda (I don't hold a candle to JE's creativity when it comes to this) man

sagegrouse
12-30-2007, 10:50 AM
When Jeff was at VCU and wanted to get his team's attention, he would grab the ball, dribble to the basket and dunk it.

He is doing very well at OU, but doesn't look like he is in dunking shaoe any more ('cept for donuts).

sagegrouse

ArkieDukie
12-30-2007, 11:36 AM
I watched the OK-AR game and was impressed and amused by Jeff's intensity. The announcers were comparing him to Coach K. Of course, they also mentioned his father. It's difficult to be an OK fan in this neck of the woods,but I may have to start pulling for them because of Capel. He has definitely won my respect as a coach.

I agree with Udaman: if Capel keeps up at his current pace, then his name should be mentioned prominently when the dreaded day of Coach K's retirement comes. I have nothing at all against Johnny D, but Jeff is clearly proving himself at the next level.

Arkie "also not as creative as Jason" Dukie

JasonEvans
12-30-2007, 12:04 PM
When Jeff was at VCU and wanted to get his team's attention, he would grab the ball, dribble to the basket and dunk it.

He is doing very well at OU, but doesn't look like he is in dunking shaoe any more ('cept for donuts).

Oh, I dunno. He looks like he might be in ok shape in this recent photo:

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2006/11/02/capel.jpg

It is amazing how much he is starting to look like his father though:
http://www.nba.com/media/bobcats/Capel_head.jpg

--Jason "sorry to post a no sig reply-- was in a rush last time" Evans