PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Frasor out for year

hondoheel
12-27-2007, 09:12 PM
Torn ACL.

Indoor66
12-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Torn ACL.

I sorry to hear that. Best wishes for a strong recovery.

sandinmyshoes
12-27-2007, 09:26 PM
That's a shame. The kid is an underrated player.

nicktonyg22
12-27-2007, 09:50 PM
That's a shame. An ACL tear is one of the worst injuries you can sustain, and I'd never wish it on anyone (even a Tarheel). Basketball is a game where lateral movement is crucial, and without a functioning ACL, that movement is impossible. I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

OldPhiKap
12-27-2007, 10:02 PM
I hate to hear about any kid getting hurt.

Good luck with a full recovery.

SeattleIrish
12-27-2007, 10:07 PM
Am I correct in thinking this is Bobby's Jr. year? I'm assuming he wouldn't be granted a medical redshirt but still has his one-year redshirt available?

Hope he heals well and is able to still pursue his passion.

s.i.

YmoBeThere
12-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Bad thing to have happen to any athlete.

This definitely shortens their bench to 8 players.

Bob Green
12-27-2007, 11:11 PM
It is always bad news when an athlete is injured. I hope Bobby heals and returns next season better than ever.

dukelifer
12-27-2007, 11:26 PM
The kid has had an injury plagued career. Hope he can come back from this one- It will be a long rehab.

JasonEvans
12-28-2007, 06:49 AM
Am I correct in thinking this is Bobby's Jr. year? I'm assuming he wouldn't be granted a medical redshirt but still has his one-year redshirt available?

Hope he heals well and is able to still pursue his passion.

s.i.

He has played in 12 games already this year, waay too many to be granted any kind of redshirt -- medical or otherwise. He was hampered by injuries a year ago too, though nothing nearly this season.

This is a major loss for the Heels as it makes Quentin Thomas their only backup PG to Lawson. When Lawson was hurt against BYU and Ohio State, it was Frasor who played huge minutes (29 in each game) at PG. Quentin Thomas is a senior who has shown us time and again over his 4-year career that he is simply not up to the task of playing PG at the highest collegiate level.

I think this is a very significant event for Carolina as it is going to put major pressure on Lawson to play even bigger minutes every game. I won't be at all surprised to see them call upon him for 35+ minutes once the competitive ACC games start. How will he hold up under that strain? He has been a little bit foul and injury prone in the past. Lawson plays the game at a furious pace, that is his strength. Will he be able to keep that up playing that many minutes? Because of Frasor's presence on the roster, Lawson has never needed to log more than mid-20s in minutes. This could be a big change for him and it comes just as Carolina enters the important part of the schedule.

Obviously, Duke will now want to push the pace even more against UNC. In addition to wearing down a thin bench, Duke will probably hope to exhaust Carolina's only real PG. I won't be at all surprised to see UNC use Ginyard and perhaps even Ellington to bring the ball up the court in many ACC games in an effort to give Lawson some extra rest.

--Jason "coming just a week after NC State lost PG Farnold Degand to injury, the ACC is really PG-thin this season" Evans

JasonEvans
12-28-2007, 07:03 AM
It is always bad news when an athlete is injured. I hope Bobby heals and returns next season better than ever.

Firstly, just wanted to comment how nice it is to see this thread be filled with honest, heartfelt best wishes for Frasor. Anyone wanna guess how IC would react to Nolan Smith or Jon Scheyer getting hurt?

I tore my ACL a few years ago and it is a nasty injury. I was able to do some strenuous activity after about 3 months with the use of a brace (I rehabbed like crazy so I could go skiing in Telluride) but I did not feel "normal" for another 18 months or so. My knee hurt and was stiff every time I stood up from sitting or laying down for 2 years.

Frasor is a good kid who works hard. He'll be back.

--Jason "if Lawson leaves, he could be Carolina's starting PG next season" Evans

devildeac
12-28-2007, 11:13 AM
Firstly, just wanted to comment how nice it is to see this thread be filled with honest, heartfelt best wishes for Frasor. Anyone wanna guess how IC would react to Nolan Smith or Jon Scheyer getting hurt?

I tore my ACL a few years ago and it is a nasty injury. I was able to do some strenuous activity after about 3 months with the use of a brace (I rehabbed like crazy so I could go skiing in Telluride) but I did not feel "normal" for another 18 months or so. My knee hurt and was stiff every time I stood up from sitting or laying down for 2 years.

Frasor is a good kid who works hard. He'll be back.

--Jason "if Lawson leaves, he could be Carolina's starting PG next season" Evans

I thought Larry Drew would be the 'anointed' one after Lawson's anticipated exit but if Frasor returns, Drew would obviously have to beat out the senior for the starting position. I echo JE's sentiments. I really hate the holes but would NEVER wish an injury on any of their kind so any of their foes could gain an advantage on them. I want to beat them in every sport by a large margin, especially when they are at full strength. I can't imagine the gleeful hatred that would continue to emanate from IC should one of our players be injured. Get well soon.

willywoody
12-28-2007, 11:20 AM
i just keep repeating "Down goes Frasor! Down goes Frasor!" for some reason.

anyways, terrible to happen to anyone, here's to a speedy recovery.

JasonEvans
12-28-2007, 12:12 PM
i just keep repeating "Down goes Frasor! Down goes Frasor!" for some reason.

http://wildaboutsports.com/images/Ali_V_Frasier_20x20_BW.jpg

--Jason "the Greatest" Evans

weezie
12-28-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm sorry that Frasor suffered such a devastating injury. He obviously loves his school and loves playing in the baby blue. He's a gamer, and as he is such, I still hate his little tar heel keister. Sorry about the injury though, Bob.

weezie
12-28-2007, 12:42 PM

I have a boxing glove he signed as Muhammad Ali and Cassius Clay...pretty neat, huh?

CameronBlue
12-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Frasor is another in a long line of UNC guards--guards not gifted in speed and offensive skills but suited for one or two functions they perform very well. In Dean's offense they were groomed to be spot up shooters who killed you on the secondary break or who stepped into a seam created by skip passes against the zone and buried the open jumper. UNC guards in this mold were Dave Colescott, John Kuester, George Karl (to a lesser degree, he was actually pretty skilled), Eddie Fogler, Dick Grubar, even Jeff Lebo (of whom too much was asked) and a host of others whose names I can't recall at the moment. They weren't masters of the four corners like Ford, but they could run it when required. They usually never made the NBA or if they did, only for a season or two as a pine polisher but they were always disciplined and rarely hurt the team by trying to do too much. Hope he recovers just in time for graduation next year.

Jfrosh
12-28-2007, 02:15 PM
I was watching when he went down and I had to look away. I've blown out both my ACL's and my whole body hurts whenever anyone has a knee injury. My best wishes go out to him.

TillyGalore
12-28-2007, 02:52 PM
I was watching when he went down and I had to look away. I've blown out both my ACL's and my whole body hurts whenever anyone has a knee injury. My best wishes go out to him.

I saw the replays on the news and couldn't figure out how he did it. But, the way he was grabbing his knee I kind of figured it was an ACL.

Poor guy, this has to be a blow to him. Hope he has a speedy recovery and is back on the hard court soon.

lavell12
12-28-2007, 03:20 PM

not to be a jerk but that quote "down goes frazier" was not in an Ali fight but when George Foremen knocked out Frazier. Just correcting you sorry.

JasonEvans
12-29-2007, 10:42 AM
not to be a jerk but that quote "down goes frazier" was not in an Ali fight but when George Foremen knocked out Frazier. Just correcting you sorry.

I hate you. You are so mean.

Oh, and I am an idiot ;)

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2006/0726/box_a_foreman_275.jpg

--Jason "better sized photo too" Evans

captmojo
12-29-2007, 10:58 AM

I wasn't watching, but much like you, I'd have to look away as well. I've only blown out one of those suckers, and that was 12 years ago, but every time I see a replay of this type of injury I relive the entire, painful moment. This pain is real too, in my mind.

I do wish him a full, personal recovery, but I wish scoreboard disaster for his team.;)