PDA

View Full Version : Go Abby...Go Abby...Go Abby...Go Abby...Go Abby...

Bluedawg
12-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Abby Waner broke the single game steals record (http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=1355686)with 10 steals against Utah Valley last Tuesday.

The record of nine was originally set in 1992 by Kim Matthews against Davidson, and then matched in December of 1992 by former point guard and current program director Missy Anderson. Attempting to recall the game, she noted "I don't remember a lot of the specifics about the game and really did not know that I was close to the record until the game was over. Defense is something Duke has always taken great pride in and we worked hard to be the best when I played just like we do today."

Though Anderson and Waner spoke about the record after the game, Waner revealed that "Right after the game Missy and I were not even aware that I broke it, we both thought I tied it!" Abby noted that while there's been some "friendly banter" between the two as a result of the record, she hasn't dished out any
real trash talk. Indeed, Anderson said "I think Abby has probably received more grief than me because my friends have been on her a little."

Congratulations Abby!