PDA

View Full Version : Need some help/Duke shirt

BCGroup
12-22-2007, 08:32 AM
I'm desperate, but this board has never failed to come through. At Monday night's game against Albany, my dad saw someone wearing a Duke rugby shirt--very similar to the ones the band wears, but the stripes were blue and gray, not blue and white. It had a Duke D on the left in one of the gray stripes. So, he wants one for Christmas--I've searched everywhere with no luck (including the duke stores)...this morning my mom calls saying--Please find out where to order one at least! We can put a picture of it in a package. So, any ideas? Thanks!

CameronCraziex3
12-22-2007, 09:03 AM
I believe this (http://www.dukestore.com/ePOS?form=item.html&item=32485&store=) is what you are talking about.

BCGroup
12-22-2007, 09:08 AM
It was very similar, but the stripes were gray, not white. We also saw three or four people wearing the shirt at the Davidson game in Charlotte. Everywhere I look, I find the white stripes, but he specifically wants gray! Thank you for your help.

Kimist
12-22-2007, 10:35 AM
There is always the possibility the shirt is an un-authorized version, being sold by just about anyone.

Another possibility is the shirt is NOT offered by Duke Stores but may be sold by the "textbook store" in the Bryan Center.

After the Michigan game I specifically was looking for the "Duke > unc" T-shirt, and after looking all over the place in the main store (beside the Gothic Book Shop) I finally asked someone. I was informed, in a not overly friendly manner, that "we don't sell those and you'll have to get it in the textbook store." The textbook store/section had already closed for the day. So much for that Christmas gift.......

Oh well, good luck on the search!

k

YmoBeThere
12-22-2007, 04:34 PM
I believe this (http://www.dukestore.com/ePOS?form=item.html&item=32485&store=) is what you are talking about.

They had to sew the patch on in Canada? I know there are people in NC that can use industrial sewing machines. Some of them were my neighbors.