PDA

View Full Version : Extremely interesting comparison...

dukediv2013
12-21-2007, 10:08 AM
Look at the Schedule and results of the 2000-2001 Duke National Championship Team:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketba/skm/acc/skma02.htm

Duke, #1 in the country, was 10-0 heading into a game against Stanford which was ranked two spots lower at #3. It was December 21, 2000 and Duke lost by 1 point.

Am I crazy to think that these two teams are similar? I know there is different personnel, but both were(are) great scorers and defenders.

(I have way too much time on my hands.)

dukeENG2003
12-21-2007, 10:12 AM
Does that mean Singler is gonna break his fifth metatarsal? I hope not. . .

EarlJam
12-21-2007, 10:36 AM
Look at the Schedule and results of the 2000-2001 Duke National Championship Team:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketba/skm/acc/skma02.htm

Duke, #1 in the country, was 10-0 heading into a game against Stanford which was ranked two spots lower at #3. It was December 21, 2000 and Duke lost by 1 point.

Am I crazy to think that these two teams are similar? I know there is different personnel, but both were(are) great scorers and defenders.

(I have way too much time on my hands.)

Seriously, that IS eerie in a very good way. Excellent find!

-EarlJam

Ben63
12-21-2007, 10:41 AM
While it is very similar, I dont see the quality's of a prototypical championship team. Senoir led with key underclassmen contributing. Battier was a stud, and J-Will and others were key contributers. I don't see Nelson as the Battier. This team is young and needs time. The freshmen have potential thru the roof. Not to say the non-prototypical championship team cant win a championship:)

dukediv2013
12-21-2007, 02:10 PM
While it is very similar, I dont see the quality's of a prototypical championship team. Senoir led with key underclassmen contributing. Battier was a stud, and J-Will and others were key contributers. I don't see Nelson as the Battier. This team is young and needs time. The freshmen have potential thru the roof. Not to say the non-prototypical championship team cant win a championship:)

I definitely agree that it is not the same situation with Battier and JWill, but DMarc and Singler may be the answer! Here is to enjoying this season and team! It should be a great 2008 for Duke!