PDA

View Full Version : Man of the Match vs. Pittsburgh

Jumbo
12-21-2007, 01:38 AM
Who was the Man of the Match vs. Pittsburgh? (Yes, we do this after losses, too.)

Acymetric
12-21-2007, 02:11 AM
I'm not sure how many people will agree with me, but I voted for Henderson.

Some people might complain about him taking a lot of shots, but at least he took them. I felt like some of our guys never heated up shooting because they never really started taking shots. He may have forced some things, but he didn't shoot any worse than anyone else on the team, and certainly shot better than several. He also had our lone block, plus 2 steals. To me these are some of the most important plays of the game, the defensive equivalent of a huge dunk, because it really changes the momentum. Now there are a lot of things he didn't do well today, but really that can be said about anybody.

If I had another vote I would give it to Nelson, who I almost did vote for. He had a great night tonight, I'd like to see him be a little more offensively aggressive. (He lead our team in assists having half the assists in the game, and i give him a lot of credit for that. Also, 3 TO).

And my third vote would go to Scheyer. I actually think he was the key to the game, without those 12 rebounds we would have been sunk. He lost my vote only because I simply can't forgive the 1-10 shooting. It happens to the best of 'em (JJ) John...

I'm ready for the next game. Actually I don't get FSN. I'm ready for the NEXT next game.

Bob Green
12-21-2007, 02:41 AM
I voted for DeMarcus Nelson. He played a good game, but we came up short.

oli-p
12-21-2007, 07:01 AM
I'm not sure how many people will agree with me, but I voted for Henderson.

Some people might complain about him taking a lot of shots, but at least he took them. I felt like some of our guys never heated up shooting because they never really started taking shots. He may have forced some things, but he didn't shoot any worse than anyone else on the team, and certainly shot better than several. He also had our lone block, plus 2 steals. To me these are some of the most important plays of the game, the defensive equivalent of a huge dunk, because it really changes the momentum. Now there are a lot of things he didn't do well today, but really that can be said about anybody.

If I had another vote I would give it to Nelson, who I almost did vote for. He had a great night tonight, I'd like to see him be a little more offensively aggressive. (He lead our team in assists having half the assists in the game, and i give him a lot of credit for that. Also, 3 TO).

And my third vote would go to Scheyer. I actually think he was the key to the game, without those 12 rebounds we would have been sunk. He lost my vote only because I simply can't forgive the 1-10 shooting. It happens to the best of 'em (JJ) John...

I'm ready for the next game. Actually I don't get FSN. I'm ready for the NEXT next game.

I voted for Singler. Henderson? One of four from the foul line.

Dukiedevil
12-21-2007, 08:28 AM
Voted for Hederson. Despite his FT shooting and questionable court vision (he missed Singler about 3-4 times cutting to the basket), he was one of the few that seemed unaffected by the physicality of the game (Demarcus and McClure being the others). GH absolutely carried the team for short stretches. He was directly responsible for our last 7 (9?) points in regulation with a couple of tough shots and an assist to Singler's 3.

Demarcus was a very close second in my book.

Singler played very well, but seemed to let Pittsburg dictate to him. Granted, he had to guard the human monster truck down low, buthe seemed to fade a lot in the 2nd half after a strong start.

Not a game for the weak of heart...

whereinthehellami
12-21-2007, 08:41 AM
Henderson hit some tough shots when they were needed. He has developed somewhat of a killer instict. and I liked that he wanted the "shot" and it took it on numerous occasions. Determination could be defined by that block that he had late in the second half as he rose to meet the ball. The look on his face was classic. What a block!

DUKIECB
12-21-2007, 09:07 AM
I voted for Singler, but if Scheyer had hit a couple of more shots I would have voted for him.

People seem to think Scheyer had this horrible game. Granted he didn't shoot well at all, but he had over 30 percent of our rebounds and made some heads up plays (the steal under the basket after his own miss).

Just because you have a bad shooting night does not mean your overall game was bad. There is more to the game than that. For Scheyer to get 12 rebounds in that game is outstanding. The rest of the team combined didn't have much more than that.

I think our teams heart was challenged tonight and we didn't pass the test. At least Scheyer showed that he had the heart. He is probably the physically weakest player on the team and ends up with over twice as many rebounds as anybody else. Unbelievable.

Kilby
12-21-2007, 09:39 AM
I'm with you. Henderson will see more of these games where the athleticism of other teams will limit how effective others will be. Henderson is the only person that can take the rock, go down and get a good shot, and even if it is a tough shot, have a good chance to score, no matter who is guarding him. Nelson and Singler are my next two clutch players.

Uncle Drew
12-21-2007, 09:42 AM
My vote goes to Levance Fields unfortunately, not the first time a jilted player has come back to hurt Duke down the road.