PDA

View Full Version : A Blog from Albany's Perspective

zingit
12-19-2007, 02:44 PM
While I was googling around to find out what happened to Carl Ross (see the "Cameron Questions" thread), I came across a report on the game from a UAlbany blog (http://blogs.timesunion.com/collegesports/?cat=6). A few things I found interesting:

1. An obnoxious fan hurling insults at Albany players and Len Elmore was wearing a Cherokee Parks Dallas Mavericks jersey. That made me laugh out loud.

2. UAlbany's sports information director said Cameron reminded him of the Palestra. Gee, I wonder why? ;)

Tonight’s game came about, according to Brown, because ESPN appreciated the travel difficulties the Great Danes endured last year in order to play Boise State in the ESPNU BracketBusters event last February. Because of a snowstorm, UAlbany had to bus to Washington, D.C., flying out of there to Boise, Id.

So basically, tonight’s game is a “thank you” from ESPN. We’ll see if UAlbany feels like saying “you’re welcome” after what figures to be a difficult game, to say the least. Duke has an average margin of victory of 24.7 points per game, including six wins by more than 20 points.

4. Coach Brown coached Gerald Henderson's older brother, Jermaine, when he was an assistant at Saint Rose.