PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Costner

dukelifer
03-11-2007, 03:22 PM
..became a star this weekend. That kid is a more polished Sean May. His play was spectacular. He should win the MVP. Regardless, State found a big time goto player.

JBDuke
03-11-2007, 03:24 PM
..became a star this weekend. That kid is a more polished Sean May. His play was spectacular. He should win the MVP. Regardless, State found a big time goto player.

He's got a lot more range than May. Reminds me more of Tom Gugliotta or maybe Matt Harpring.

dukelifer
03-11-2007, 03:48 PM
The kid scores 90 points in 4 games (an ACC record_- is the only reason State is in the final and they give the MVP to Wright. Wright is a fine player and did okay in the tourney- mostly thanks to Lawson for getting him the ball a foot away-- but at the game when his team needed him- he bricked to point blank layups.

JBDuke
03-11-2007, 04:04 PM
The kid scores 90 points in 4 games (an ACC record_- is the only reason State is in the final and they give the MVP to Wright. Wright is a fine player and did okay in the tourney- mostly thanks to Lawson for getting him the ball a foot away-- but at the game when his team needed him- he bricked to point blank layups.

What record did Costner set? Total tourney points by a freshman or something? Childress's scoring record is 107 (in only 3 games) IIRC.

dukelifer
03-11-2007, 04:11 PM
I believe it is the most in 4 games. The thought being that at some point you get exhausted when you have been carrying the team on your shoulders the entire tourney.

CDu
03-11-2007, 05:02 PM
I believe it is the most in 4 games. The thought being that at some point you get exhausted when you have been carrying the team on your shoulders the entire tourney.

Kind of a hollow record, though. The guy in three games outscored his total in 4. No amount of fatigue is going to score you negative points. :)

dukelifer
03-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Kind of a hollow record, though. The guy in three games outscored his total in 4. No amount of fatigue is going to score you negative points. :)

True enough. But I wager to say that Costner scored in many more ways than did Childress.

DukeBlood
03-11-2007, 05:21 PM
I like this kid. Even when his team was down big, He never hung his head. Never blamed anyone. He put his team on his back and brought them back. Plays with alot of heart and has alot of skill. The future is bright for NC State. Costner and McCauley will be one of the best Front Courts in the ACC next year, May be the best depending on who leaves UNC!

Its time to see what seed Duke gets!

grossbus
03-11-2007, 05:48 PM
"Costner and McCauley will be one of the best Front Courts in the ACC next year, May be the best depending on who leaves UNC!"

going to give us problems, for sure.

DukeBlood
03-11-2007, 05:57 PM
"Costner and McCauley will be one of the best Front Courts in the ACC next year, May be the best depending on who leaves UNC!"

going to give us problems, for sure.

They already did :(