PDA

View Full Version : FSU-20+ Football Players Suspended

ikiru36
12-18-2007, 05:50 PM
If they have to forfeit games, does Coach Roof/Duke get a few more wins? Might our ACC losing streak be over?!

In any event, I look forward to our corporeally making the conference losing streak a thing of the past, early in the '08 season!!!

Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duke09
12-18-2007, 05:51 PM
can we get a link to a story please

norduck
12-18-2007, 06:00 PM
can we get a link to a story please

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7579570

Stray Gator
12-18-2007, 06:30 PM
If they have to forfeit games, does Coach Roof/Duke get a few more wins? Might our ACC losing streak be over?!

In any event, I look forward to our corporeally making the conference losing streak a thing of the past, early in the '08 season!!!

Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More importantly, it appears that the suspensions may extend through the first three games of next season, which as I understand it (from posts on the FSU board) would include the first two games against Division II opponents and...the FSU at Duke game. If Coach Cutcliffe can get the 2008 Blue Devils ready to play at the level he seems to think they're capable of reaching, it might just be a golden opportunity to end a couple of losing streaks.

Devilsfan
12-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Even if it was free shoes university.

cspan37421
12-18-2007, 07:17 PM
It would be nice to end a losing streak but when it is due to forfeit, it still didn't happen on the field. Perhaps Duke will get that chance next year.

I find it interesting to juxtapose FSU's actions in a cheating scandal to those of Univ of TN a few years ago. If anything this elevates my opinion of FSU. But in general it seems absurd that universities are allowed to investigate themselves and report their findings. Imagine if the US Justice Department worked that way. Wait, nevermind....

norduck
12-18-2007, 08:24 PM
More importantly, it appears that the suspensions may extend through the first three games of next season, which as I understand it (from posts on the FSU board) would include the first two games against Division II opponents and...the FSU at Duke game. If Coach Cutcliffe can get the 2008 Blue Devils ready to play at the level he seems to think they're capable of reaching, it might just be a golden opportunity to end a couple of losing streaks.

I think CC would prefer playing them when they are at full strength!

DevilAlumna
12-18-2007, 08:27 PM
An academic cheating scandal could leave Florida State without as many as 25 players for its Music City Bowl game against Kentucky on New Year's Eve, coach Bobby Bowden said Tuesday.

Now Wilson and his gf have something else in common - each benefits from FSU's ethical gaff.

Wonder if FSU is now regretting that 1-year extension for Bowden.

msdukie
12-18-2007, 11:56 PM
Stray,

Next year we don't play FSU. Well, not until we have to make that long trip cross-town to Raymond James for the Duke-FSU ACC title game....

4decadedukie
12-19-2007, 12:58 AM
Character counts, academics do, too. Wait until Gary Williams loses 2+ scholarship for Maryland's dismal -- and probably deteriorating -- graduation rate next year. For those who argue (and I can understand their rationale, but I do not concur) that "technical losses" resulting from rules violations and suspensions are not "true losses", does this mean the Terps in '10 or '11, probably playing without a full scholarship roster, can claim that they really finished ahead of their actual ACC standing? I think not.

mgtr
12-19-2007, 02:09 AM
And the chorus to that song is "college is not a minor league system," repeat ad nauseum.

blueprofessor
12-19-2007, 07:33 AM
:) Today's local link to the Tallahassee Democrat for more details:
http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071219/FSU03/712190380

Bluedawg
12-19-2007, 08:27 AM
2 things this tells me;

1 - I really think Bobby needs to think about retiring
2 - yet another reason I'm glad Joe didn't consider someone with a history of NCAA violations.

Stray Gator
12-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Stray,

Next year we don't play FSU. Well, not until we have to make that long trip cross-town to Raymond James for the Duke-FSU ACC title game....

Thanks, Mike...I was, as they say, "misinformed." That'll teach me to rely on information from the FSU message board... :o