PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Questions

Dopeshop
12-18-2007, 02:31 PM
At the Michigan game students in the end zone painted themselves to spell "POTTER". This means...? Also , the crazies have a relatively new cheer where the pep band starts off very slow and then the crazies jump around wildly for 60 seconds or so. The tune is.... Thanks

PallasAthena
12-18-2007, 02:48 PM
At the Michigan game students in the end zone painted themselves to spell "POTTER". This means...? Also , the crazies have a relatively new cheer where the pep band starts off very slow and then the crazies jump around wildly for 60 seconds or so. The tune is.... Thanks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK0GmiSMNGI

The song is Every Time We Touch by Cascada. The kids have a great time with it, and it is fun to watch them dance to it!

NovaScotian
12-18-2007, 06:45 PM
i get so damn angry when that song plays i could stab somebody

OZZIE4DUKE
12-18-2007, 06:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK0GmiSMNGI

The song is Every Time We Touch by Cascada. The kids have a great time with it, and it is fun to watch them dance to it!

I'd rather watch Cascada dance than the Cameron Crazies :)

Lavabe
12-18-2007, 07:08 PM

This is Eurodisco ... almost as bad as Ace of Base.:eek:

I am now very angry as well.

WHOOPS ... I forgot that today was EarlJam's day of love and peace.

No stabbing please.

Cheers,
Lavabe

devildeac
12-18-2007, 08:18 PM
This is Eurodisco ... almost as bad as Ace of Base.:eek:

I am now very angry as well.

WHOOPS ... I forgot that today was EarlJam's day of love and peace.

No stabbing please.

Cheers,
Lavabe

I HATE disco, too, however, I must disagree here. The 1 minute arrangement by DUMB is contagious and the Crazies absolutely LOVE it. Try to imagine it without the video(sorry, OZZIE) and without the words. I really like their inclusion of the old Ides of March song, Vehicle.

SilkyJ
12-18-2007, 09:13 PM

to differ I beg. I jumpy around at home when I hear that song.

I'd rather watch Cascada dance than the Cameron Crazies :)

heyoooooo

Richard Berg
12-18-2007, 09:27 PM
What was the huge message the grad students held up during one of Albany's free throw trips? I don't remember it because it made no sense to me.

mehmattski
12-18-2007, 09:57 PM
In the video, Cascada comes into the library and the nerdy folks studying there hate her at first, cause she's dancing around and disrupting them. But slowly she makes them realize it's cool to dance around and loosen yourself up, even if you look a little strange doing it.

You see, the song is a metaphor for Duke basketball- the hot chick on campus who comes into the library and gets all the nerds to loosen up and go crazy, if only for a few hours. :cool:

Sure the song is kind of meh and gets stuck in your head for hours afterward. But in terms of getting the Crazies into top form quickly, it's the best there is these days.

zingit
12-19-2007, 03:19 AM
Agreed. It is really fun to dance around to it, and I always feel pumped up and excited afterwards. And I don't think that not liking the original song should keep you from liking the DUMB version. I can't stand the original B-52s version of "Rock Lobster," but obviously the DUMB version is awesome.

Lavabe
12-19-2007, 07:00 AM
... German people love David Hasselhoff & Cascada.

Sorry, but there's still one question that bugs me...

What IS the deal with POTTER? DopeshopDevil's first question remains a mystery. Clarification?

Thanks,
Lavabe

MulletMan
12-19-2007, 12:57 PM
Wow... I should have looked at this thread earlier...

If its the people who were under the Duke bench end basket (i.e. the floor of the Grad Section) that was a group of students whose instructor is one of the trainers for the team. He apparently refuses to acknowledge them during games so they painted his name on shirts in order to draw his attention. Apparently it worked and everyone had a big laugh.

At the Albany game the sign that was held up during the free throws read "Is Carl (last name I can't remember) free now?" I have no idea WTF this means. Nor did anyone around us.

I believe it was made using a random sign generator (this joke is credited to my friend Nick).

blazindw
12-19-2007, 01:13 PM
... German people love David Hasselhoff & Cascada.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!

zingit
12-19-2007, 02:26 PM
At the Albany game the sign that was held up during the free throws read "Is Carl (last name I can't remember) free now?" I have no idea WTF this means. Nor did anyone around us.

I wondered the same thing myself, so I googled around and found some answers. Apparently Carl Ross was a junior on last year's UAlbany squad, considered to be a strong contributor, but Coach Brown revoked his scholarship for this year, and said he was free to either pay his way or transfer, and he chose the latter. They each seem to have somewhat different versions of the story. You can read about it here (http://blogs.timesunion.com/collegesports/?p=279). Looking at this message board (http://bigpurplefans.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=4129&hl=Carl+Ross), some fans were outraged (which is probably what provoked the sign at the game), while some were willing to give Coach Brown the benefit of the doubt.