PDA

View Full Version : Who would you most want to have a beer with?

EarlJam
12-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Of the following famous Christmas/Holiday characters, you get to spend an evening at an Irish pub, having brews and just making good conversation.

Assume they all speak English and are safe in the environment of a pub (e.g., Frosty won't melt from the heat of the pub).

You may vote for more than one.

-EarlJam

Channing
12-18-2007, 11:08 AM
Judah the Maccabi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judas_Maccabeus

dukepsy1963
12-18-2007, 12:34 PM
Lazar Berman (I like his name) and Miles Davis (he was the man!)

The Gordog
12-18-2007, 01:47 PM
WHo is Heat Miser?

hamster
12-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Joe Cool and the Red Baron all wrapped into one? Sah-weet.

Lavabe
12-18-2007, 03:06 PM
The Atlanta DBR Mafia, Throaty, DA, ohioguy2, steven52682, devildeac, Ozzie, mapei, allenmurray, billybreen, the snrubchatters, ...

ALL DBR'ers!

Otherwise, I'd side with George Harrison ...

or Linus (would have to go with Schlafly Great Pumpkin Ale;) ).

Cheers,
Lavabe

ivduke
12-18-2007, 03:36 PM
his attitude towards the holidays describe me perfectly.....

EarlJam
12-18-2007, 04:11 PM
The Atlanta DBR Mafia, Throaty, DA, ohioguy2, steven52682, devildeac, Ozzie, mapei, allenmurray, billybreen, the snrubchatters, ...

ALL DBR'ers!

Otherwise, I'd side with George Harrison ...

or Linus (would have to go with Schlafly Great Pumpkin Ale;) ).

Cheers,
Lavabe

Great call Lavabe! Hanging out with Linus in the pumpkin patch in October, talking "life" while downing a few cold Schlafly "Great" Pumpkin' Ales!

Awesome. And if we had enough of them, I promise you we'd see a Great Pumpkin.

-EarlJam

YmoBeThere
12-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Who is Heat Miser?
Not sure either, anyone want to enlighten us?

YmoBeThere
12-18-2007, 09:09 PM
The Abominable Snowman, because after a few he would melt away and I could keep all the beer to myself.

hc5duke
12-18-2007, 10:42 PM
Hmm 27 year old Mrs. Claus. I do like older women ;)

snowdenscold
12-19-2007, 03:47 AM
Hmm 27 year old Mrs. Claus. I do like older women ;)

Except she's married - show some respect to the big guy in the red suit ;)

knights68
12-19-2007, 07:25 AM
I voted for Frosty and the Abominable Snowman because, well, I wanna see a steel cage death match. Last icecicle standing sort of thing!

I also chose the younger Ms. Claus cause.... well it's the YOUNGER Ms. Claus. And I figure she is only with Claus for a few DBR unmentionables. ha ha

And I chose Snoopy because he is simply a party animal!!

DukieInKansas
12-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Can I include the others that voted for Snoopy in the pub get together? I hope so because it looks like a great group.:)

DevilAlumna
12-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Can I include the others that voted for Snoopy in the pub get together? I hope so because it looks like a great group.:)

Darn, I'd fly in for that meeting too.

SouthgateWindsor
12-19-2007, 08:45 PM
Heat Miser, or Snow Miser (not listed)

They're tooo much!

EarlJam
12-19-2007, 10:43 PM

Yes. Right now it looks like (top four) a bunch of DBR folk hanging out in a bar with Snoopy, Linus, The Abominable and a young, smooth Mrs. Santa Claus (pre-Mrs.) in red stockings, heels,..........red garter..... Victoria Secr... and ..... oh, nevermind.

-EJ

ugadevil
12-20-2007, 12:34 AM
Yes. Right now it looks like (top four) a bunch of DBR folk hanging out in a bar with Snoopy, Linus, The Abominable and a young, smooth Mrs. Santa Claus (pre-Mrs.) in red stockings, heels,..........red garter..... Victoria Secr... and ..... oh, nevermind.

-EJ

Goodness Earl...Hurrying down the chimney tonight huh?

fuse
07-21-2012, 09:30 PM
I'm coming way late to this party given the thread age, but for me:

Michael Jackson (beer critic, not the singer)
Pretty much any head brewer- Sean from Fullsteam, Josh Brewer from Mother Earth (how cool is it to have the last name brewer and be a head brewer?)
Sam Caligione, Dogfish Head
Garrett Oliver, Brooklyn Brewing
Charlie Papazian
The All About Beer magazine crew
The list could go on and on...

OldPhiKap
07-21-2012, 09:46 PM
If there are folks who do not know the Heat Miser, I weep for the next generation.

Me, i'll take the doe -eyed teacher (Jessica?) who fell for the Kris Kingle that looked like John Fogerty. Hot for a claymation gal, and stood up to the Burgermeister Meisterburger. My kind of gal.

CameronBornAndBred
07-23-2012, 01:22 PM
If there are folks who do not know the Heat Miser, I weep for the next generation.

Me, i'll take the doe -eyed teacher (Jessica?) who fell for the Kris Kingle that looked like John Fogerty. Hot for a claymation gal, and stood up to the Burgermeister Meisterburger. My kind of gal.

I know the Heat Miser but I forgot about the Burgermeister. I only thought that was the name of a restaurant I did a painting of in San Francisco.

I Googled them, and it look like if you want a beer with your burger you better get takeout.