Unleash the beast!:D

trinity92
12-17-2007, 09:12 PM
Smith
Henderson
Scheyer
King
Singler

They turned the momentum decisively in the 1st half when Albany had pulled to within 11 or so. I really liked how that lineup worked, and also like that lineup with DeMarcus subbed in for Henderson, which made a lot of sense too. I'm loving how Smith is developing, and once again, Taylor King keeps showing a lot more to his game than just the outside shot, but his shot, as always, was falling nicely and from everywhere.

Great to see Z get lots of touches. Can't wait to go to the Garden on Thurs. and see our boys against a tough Pitt team.

norduck
12-17-2007, 09:30 PM
Smith
Henderson
Scheyer
King
Singler

They turned the momentum decisively in the 1st half when Albany had pulled to within 11 or so. I really liked how that lineup worked, and also like that lineup with DeMarcus subbed in for Henderson, which made a lot of sense too. I'm loving how Smith is developing, and once again, Taylor King keeps showing a lot more to his game than just the outside shot, but his shot, as always, was falling nicely and from everywhere.

Great to see Z get lots of touches. Can't wait to go to the Garden on Thurs. and see our boys against a tough Pitt team.

Wish I was going! Hope you get the chance to say welcome to Coach Cutcliffe!

delfrio
12-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Positives:
Most everything (especially seeing McClure up to speed and Z getting sets run for him)

Negatives (really just less-positives):
- free throw shooting
- Henderson could get more/better shots
- King's defense - a little too over-eager trying for the steals
- stopping Ambrose

DukeUsul
12-17-2007, 09:50 PM
I was very impressed with the energy - both the team and the crowd were up all game. I was kind of surprised, both because of the lay off and what could have been perceived as a cupcake game. Everyone was pumped up the whole 40 minutes. This is a special team, and I think everyone can tell.

mgtr
12-17-2007, 10:00 PM
I was delighted to see Zoubek get the time/touches tonight. This has to work to our benefit down the road. Even if he never makes a point, his hands up on defense benefit us a lot.

astoria26
12-17-2007, 10:03 PM
I loved the way we finished the first half (with a Nelson steal and Paulus running end to end) and started out the second half (Henderson alley-oop, Nelson block, and Singler layup) - those were dynamite plays. Much improved over past games, and overall everyone was just really sharp and excited to play. Must be 100x better than exams, right?

Also, we had fantastic 3 point shooting! I believe 7 Blue Devils hit the 3 tonight, including Paulus, King, Nelson, Henderson, Nolan, Scheyer, and Singler . . did I just name the entire roster? :D

Here's my game blog - check it out! Thanks!

http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/91545

Zeke
12-17-2007, 10:05 PM
Back many years ago when I was coaching, if we ran up against a team that was over matched I insisted that our guys made 4 or 5 passes after they got over the 1/2 court line (as long as the game was still decisive). I don't see the reason for beating a team 41 points on turnover/fast breaks and 3 point shots when you can use the time to polish your 1/2 court offense (that always needs work). 20 points are usually good enough to make your point.
I love Zoubek, but damn he needs an hour a day on free throws.

mgtr
12-17-2007, 10:13 PM
We have many excellent players on our team, but, as Monk says, "he's the guy!" Zoubek can make us or break us this year. If he scores, that is a plus (a big plus), but we really need him on defense. If he can be in the middle, hands up, 20 or 30 minutes a game, we have a huge advantage, even if he never scores.

Sir Stealth
12-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Back many years ago when I was coaching, if we ran up against a team that was over matched I insisted that our guys made 4 or 5 passes after they got over the 1/2 court line (as long as the game was still decisive). I don't see the reason for beating a team 41 points on turnover/fast breaks and 3 point shots when you can use the time to polish your 1/2 court offense (that always needs work). 20 points are usually good enough to make your point.
I love Zoubek, but damn he needs an hour a day on free throws.

Probably so people will have something to complain about no matter what.
Non-smartI'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. response: This probably had a lot to do with how long it's been since the team played. There was probably more of an emphasis on playing a fully energized 40 minutes going into the Pitt game. Also, Albany is a Division 1 college basketball team - I'm not sure that theres's a much a concern about running up the score when you play an opponent who you respect and who has gone to the last 2 NCAA tournaments. Finally, I think we did do a lot of work on our half court sets, especially feeding Zoub in the post. A great game all around.

Bob Green
12-17-2007, 10:19 PM
I haven't watched the game yet. AFN is showing it taped delayed at 1430 Tokyo Standard Time (0230 EST) and I have my VCR programmed for my after work entertainment. However, there is plenty to love about the boxscore:

1. Eight players logged 20+ minutes with Taylor King logging 19.
2. Duke shot 60.3% from the field.
3. Duke shot 57.7% from behind the 3-point arc.
4. Five Blue Devils scored in double figures with three more scoring eight points each.

It sounds like Duke used an extended bench and didn't play any stall ball. Wow!

Waynne
12-17-2007, 10:25 PM
Easy win against an out-manned opponent, but a good tune-up for Pitt, with 9 players getting almost equal minutes. But what's up with our free throw shooting? We shot better from the field (60.3%) than from the foul line (58.8%), and almost better from three point land (57.7%), according to ESPN's Box Score.

We left 14 points on the foul line, and that kind of shooting will hurt us against a tough team like Pitt. On the other hand, if we can shoot 60% from the field in our next game, it should be another blow-out.:)

Jumbo
12-17-2007, 10:58 PM
Smith
Henderson
Scheyer
King
Singler

They turned the momentum decisively in the 1st half when Albany had pulled to within 11 or so. I really liked how that lineup worked, and also like that lineup with DeMarcus subbed in for Henderson, which made a lot of sense too.

Ask and ye shall receive...
Duke went with that lineup when the score was 28-17, and that group then went on a 6-0 run. The next subs were Henderson and McClure for Nelson and Singler -- that group outscored Albany 6-4.

jipops
12-17-2007, 11:32 PM
We were outrebounded. I'd expect more of the same from Pitt, especially since Lance may not be available. We're really going to miss him Thursday. He's been playing solid D so far this season.

Sir Stealth
12-17-2007, 11:42 PM
It's possible that enough is enough with going on about ESPN coverage, but I did think it was funny the way that they addressed our 10-0 start. They pointed out that, uh oh, the last 5 times that Duke has started 10-0 they have FAILED TO MAKE THE FINAL FOUR. In fact, the last time Duke started 10-0 and made the final four was ALL THE WAY BACK in 2001. I wonder what percentages of teams that start 10-0 every year actually make it to the final four? People seem to forget that it's called March Madness for a reason.

That being said, I realize that they were just pointing at any stat they could about Duke starting 10-0 and I don't think that this is one of those anti-Duke bias things or anything, not at all. I personally would have used the stats to point out the astonishing number of times that Duke has started 10-0 lately, but I have a little bit of bias myself.

Jumbo
12-17-2007, 11:45 PM
We were outrebounded. I'd expect more of the same from Pitt, especially since Lance may not be available. We're really going to miss him Thursday. He's been playing solid D so far this season.

Rebounding is a very misleading stat. Duke forced 21 turnovers and only committed eight. Rebounding is part of the trade-off there.

juise
12-18-2007, 12:08 AM
It's possible that enough is enough with going on about ESPN coverage, but I did think it was funny the way that they addressed our 10-0 start. They pointed out that, uh oh, the last 5 times that Duke has started 10-0 they have FAILED TO MAKE THE FINAL FOUR. In fact, the last time Duke started 10-0 and made the final four was ALL THE WAY BACK in 2001.

I wouldn't take it too seriously. At the end of that clip, they said, "The last time Duke started the season 10-0 and reached the Final Four was the 2000-2001 season... also the last time they went to the Final Four, when they won the national title in '01."

Yeah, so I'm pretty sure that I made the trek to San Antonio my senior year (2004) to watch Duhon hit a half court shot that to cover the spread. I choose not to remember anything else about that experience. ;)

gep
12-18-2007, 12:28 AM

I don't think I read anything very recently about Lance's chances for playing in the Pitt game... has that been determined yet? I'd really like to see him again, but healing his injury is gotta be more important.

Also, I thought David had a really good, energetic game... and may, hopefully, help a bunch if Lance can't go against Pitt.

juise
12-18-2007, 12:39 AM
Also, Albany is a Division 1 college basketball team - I'm not sure that theres's a much a concern about running up the score when you play an opponent who you respect and who has gone to the last 2 NCAA tournaments.

I was reading the post-game quotes (http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=1353629) and saw that Albany's coach Brown said, "They play the game the right way, they play with a purpose and they’re all very unselfish. I just wish they were a little kinder to us tonight." I wonder if he felt like Duke should have backed off. I didn't listen to the audio, so I'm not sure what his tone was... that could have been a joke. The rest of his comments were very complimentary and gracious, so I have no reason other reason to think he was bitter. It's kind of fun to hear an opposing coach's analysis of our Devils.

I agree with what the announcers said during the few minutes I was able to watch tonight. When Duke brings players off the bench (especially after a layover), you want everyone playing their best and playing their game at their highest level. It's like my coaches always told my teams growing up, you you have to practice at a high level to play a a high level. If you want your team to be able to execute an widespread, fast-paced offense on Thursday, why would you have them make several extra passes just for the heck of it? It's better for them to develop chemistry and practice making read at the speed they'll need to go during ACC play.

Cicero
12-18-2007, 12:43 AM
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who remembers us playing in the Final Four in 2004, although I can't blame anyone who has repressed those memories.

I thought ESPN's comment on the correlation between Duke starting 10-0 and not making the Final Four was pretty inane. It's simply shoddy pseudo-statistical analysis that takes a correlation (or, in this case, an arbitrarily bounded data set) and presents it as if it implies some sort of causation/predictive value (e.g. when Duke goes 10-0, it doesn't go to the Final Four). Often this "analysis" shows up in a spiffy graph that was created by an idiot and signifies nothing.

Okay, enough of my rant. Despite ESPN's historical mistake/shoddy analysis, that Jon Scheyer spin move/circus shot made the watching the highlights totally worth my while.

M. Tullius

juise
12-18-2007, 12:44 AM
I don't think I read anything very recently about Lance's chances for playing in the Pitt game... has that been determined yet? I'd really like to see him again, but healing his injury is gotta be more important.

In his postgame comments (http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=1353629), K said: "“He will not play if he’s not ready. We have a big break after [the Pitt game]. He’s a good player. The Pitt game is a huge game for us but it’s a long season. I don’t think he’ll practice tomorrow but I think we’ll have a better feel for if he’ll get some minutes. If he’s able to play, I’ll start him. The changes we made tonight were not a matter of Lance not playing well.”

diesel
12-18-2007, 01:11 AM
Can anyone recall seeing so many steals with resulting breakaways and layups in a Duke game? I can't-- and I go back to 1964. It was wonderful to see.

And it was great to see Dave McLure back and playing well and Brian Zoubek getting the work.

The free throw shooting was one of the only two things that concerned me, the other being the failure of the defense to key on Ambrose.

Sir Stealth
12-18-2007, 01:12 AM
I was reading the post-game quotes (http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=1353629) and saw that Albany's coach Brown said, "They play the game the right way, they play with a purpose and they’re all very unselfish. I just wish they were a little kinder to us tonight." I wonder if he felt like Duke should have backed off. I didn't listen to the audio, so I'm not sure what his tone was... that could have been a joke. The rest of his comments were very complimentary and gracious, so I have no reason other reason to think he was bitter. It's kind of fun to hear an opposing coach's analysis of our Devils.

I don't think he was referring to running up the score. I think he was referring to unselfishness as a "kind" quality. So Duke's players were very kind to each other in their style of play. He then joked about how his team clearly didn't benefit from this kind, unselfish basketball.

mepanchin
12-18-2007, 01:15 AM

We rebounded well defensively. We rebounded poorly offensively, but we also shot 72% eFG and barely turned it over. It didn't matter.

Pitt is an excellent offensive rebounding team, but so is Wisconsin and we limited their 2nd chance opportunities. A team like Pitt really relies on offensive rebounds because they don't have the kind of shooters and scorers that Duke does. Fields, Young and Blair are all very good players, but this Duke team can score from 5 positions with almost any line-up and from all over the floor. It makes it very hard to defend. Duke depends a lot less on offensive rebounds as a result.

dukemomLA
12-18-2007, 01:45 AM
They're (supposedly) called FREE THROWS for a reason (to quote an often heard cliche). BUT....I my mind, the foul line is the Player's job more than the Coaches' job. So....you've ALL got fabulous shooting skills. Put some extra practice time on the line. In close games, it'll make the difference.

Great game tonight. Loved it, every minute. Communication, again everyone contributing, as fans never knowing who's got the hot hand. Ahhh, ain't it great to be a Camcrzi?!!

gw67
12-18-2007, 08:12 AM
Just a few thoughts based on last night’s game.

• Teams playing in CIS the remainder of the year better be ready to man up against the Devils or they will be run off the floor. I enjoyed watching the Devils run and gun last night even when they had a big lead in the second half but I’m not sure I would have felt the same if I were an Albany fan. On the other hand, I thought that the vastly outmanned Albany youngsters never gave up.
• The team shared the ball and nine players had assists.
• Nelson and Scheyer continue to play terrific all around games and Zoubek showed some life down low and on the boards.
• Smith appeared to be looking for other players rather than his shot for much of the time he was in the game.
• My math may be off but I believe that the Devils are shooting 44% from three-point land. Paulus and King seem to be automatic and Scheyer, Nelson, Henderson and Singler aren’t far behind. My memory may be hazy, but this is the best outside shooting team I can recall.
• The only player who appeared to be out of sync was Henderson. He had a shot blocked and had three turnovers. I suspect that last night’s performance will motivate him for the Pitt game.

I am surprised that I haven’t read more criticism about the ESPN coverage last night. I thought that it was fine but I’m always amazed how thin skinned some fans are particularly when Len Elmore is doing the game. Heck, having the game on ESPN2 was a real treat. For most schools, a game with Albany wouldn’t even rate that imaginery station, ESPNU.

gw67

j.j. jones
12-18-2007, 08:51 AM
...is one cool cucumber. After he hit one of his 3's, or trifectas for those of you who prefer clever sports jargon, he motioned to someone (couldn't tell who) to not get excited, to calm down. You usually don't see that, it's normally the opposite, unless it's a crunch-time situation in a big-time game. Also worthy of note, Greg has 9 assists and 0 turnovers in his last 2 games. He has stepped up his game a notch or two and is nonchalantly letting the game to come to him, playing with the high basketball IQ that we all knew he was capable of, just trying to get his teammates involved.

Bluedog
12-18-2007, 09:31 AM
Who's that Lance Nelson character I'm reading about? Too bad he's injured along with Lance Thomas. ;)

-jk
12-18-2007, 09:42 AM
Who's that Lance Nelson character I'm reading about? Too bad he's injured along with Lance Thomas. ;)

Not enough coffee, is my guess! He seems to have fixed it, though.

-jk

jacone21
12-18-2007, 10:11 AM
During one stretch last night, Jon had a tough rebound, a steal and lefty layup, a slashing drive, a midrange pull up, all in a couple of minutes. I turned to my wife and said, "all he needs now is a 3 for the complete package." About that time... SWISH! Dude is complete.

DukeUsul
12-18-2007, 10:14 AM
LT was noticeably limping as he walked on and off the court. I've got to think he's a long shot. Hopefully the layoff will allow him time to rest it.

dukelifer
12-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Nice tuneup after exams. Thought the team played pretty well- although the defense was a bit generous. To me, the best player on the floor was Scheyer- he is in perpetual motion- and seems to float on the court on O and D. Yesterday he showed something I had not seen- two very quick releases on his three coming off screens. He looked (for a instant) like JJ on those plays. The release is not quite there yet but if he can get that to be a hair faster- he will be a big time weapon. I also thought Henderson was a bit flat- but the team is so machine like that he can have an off night and you barely notice. He seems to like the bigger games. Trying to get the ball to Zoubek at the end was good for many reasons. There is no better way to build the big guys confidence than to feed him on a consistent basis. That was nice to see. Also, this team is not great at feeding the post. With Z, their passes need to be precise for the play to be effective. Overall a nice strategy by K. As for all those "K doesn't play his bench enough fans"- the bench is becoming the heart of this team. When Scheyer and King come in and starting bombing- the whole team is getting energy- throw in a few steals by McClure and a drive and/or dish by Smith and this is one tough team to play. Looking forward to the next game. They will be tested.

bird
12-18-2007, 11:02 AM
1. Henderson had a nice assist off a drive.
2. Zoubek came back the second half, responding to the opportunity, playing with increased confidence as the game wore on.
3. Scheyer shooting with greater confidence, even going inside on a ridiculous drive.
4. Albany's zone lasted about 2.4 seconds.
5. Paulus playing within the game - a continued relief compared to the end of last season.

trinity92
12-18-2007, 11:45 AM
Seems like Z has been wearing lotion gloves at night-- those rocks are softening up and he was able to catch passes and corral some rebounds last night. It was a treat to watch. With all those outside shooters, if Z becomes any kind of scoring threat inside-- actually, if he can just be relied upon to catch the entry pass and get a shot off-- he will really open up the 3 for our perimeter guys.

If he can average 5 and 5, I think it will make a HUGE difference to this team.

duketaylor
12-18-2007, 01:26 PM
I wouldn't expect him back until at least the next break after Pitt, not an official edict, just my thoughts from talking to a few others elsewhere.
Pitt game should be highly entertaining, let's hope a W is the end result. If not, no big deal. I'd expect Duke favored by 5-7 points, haven't seen a line yet. Just my gut;)
GO DUKE!!!!! GTHC, GTH!!!!!!!
(Ozzie, I'll be playing Pebble Beach a month from today....snicker, snicker)

duketaylor
12-18-2007, 01:40 PM
Pitt's schedule is quite underwhelming, I must say. Good test Thursday for both teams; I suspect the team with the tougher schedule to be favored (Duh and Duh-huh). Duke should be favored by 6-8, but the line may end up 10-11.

zingit
12-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Yes, I loved the game too, especially seeing Dave McClure back up to speed, but I just gotta post about something that was distracting me during the game. I kept thinking, "I like this Albany coach, but I don't really know why." Then I realized that he reminded me of Jimmy Stewart.

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2007/07/12/PH2007071201061.jpg

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0313/pg2_brown_195.jpg

Sorry for being off-topic, but is that not an uncanny resemblance?

Johnboy
12-18-2007, 03:25 PM

I saw his postgame comments on ESPN at lunch. he was very gracious in all that he said, and the "wish they were a little kinder" comment was definitely said in good humor and with sportsmanship. I've never seen him before, but I liked the way he coached, demeanor-wise, and his players played hard the whole time - he seems like a very good coach and good person to me, based solely on his courtside demeanor, the way his players played and his postgame comments.

Plus there's the whole Jimmy Stewart thing -it's a Wonderful Life!

Cameron
12-18-2007, 03:25 PM
King Taylor (yes, King followed by Taylor), drilled three more triple times and scored 17 more points last night to bring his early season numbers to 25 three-pointers (47% shooting) and 11.4 PPG (Jumbo ;)). Pretty good for a guy that will "not see the floor too much..." :)

I was most impressed with Jon and DeMarcus, however. Those two guys really played great when we needed it last night (which wasn't very often, I must admit). Early in the year, I was very, very disappointed to see my favorite Blue Devil coming off the bench. However, as the season progresses, I am beginning to love this Coach K maneuver more and more. Just how wonderful is it to have a guy like Scheyer coming in off your bench? My God, it's genius. And DeMarcus, despite being the ugliest free-throw shooting guard I've seen, EVER, really shot well. He was great.

I don't want to leave out Greg, though. I wasn't a big fan of his last year (I can admit that), but he's playing rock solid for us this season. He's really been the difference, outside of the obvious freshman addition to our club. His play is worlds different from a year ago, and his outside shooting has been nothing short of fantastic. The kid is really growing on me fast, I must say. I might be falling in love with his pull-up;) I give MUCH credit to those who stuck with him through it all. I wish I would have.

365Duke
12-18-2007, 03:55 PM
King Taylor (yes, King followed by Taylor), drilled three more triple times and scored 17 more points last night to bring his early season numbers to 25 three-pointers (47% shooting) and 11.4 PPG (Jumbo ;)). Pretty good for a guy that will "not see the floor too much..." :)

I was most impressed with Jon and DeMarcus, however. Those two guys really played great when we needed it last night (which wasn't very often, I must admit). Early in the year, I was very, very disappointed to see my favorite Blue Devil coming off the bench. However, as the season progresses, I am beginning to love this Coach K maneuver more and more. Just how wonderful is it to have a guy like Scheyer coming in off your bench? My God, it's genius. And DeMarcus, despite being the ugliest free-throw shooting guard I've seen, EVER, really shot well. He was great.

I don't want to leave out Greg, though. I wasn't a big fan of his last year (I can admit that), but he's playing rock solid for us this season. He's really been the difference, outside of the obvious freshman addition to our club. His play is worlds different from a year ago, and his outside shooting has been nothing short of fantastic. The kid is really growing on me fast, I must say. I might be falling in love with his pull-up;) I give MUCH credit to those who stuck with him through it all. I wish I would have.

I would not care if JS did not start all year. And you know what? I don't think he cares either. He is such a powerful 2, in the 1/2 punch. You can just see the other team slowing from their game starting pace, then he comes in and keeps our pace the same. A valuable, valuable weapon indeed.;)

The Gordog
12-18-2007, 04:20 PM
I would not care if JS did not start all year. And you know what? I don't think he cares either. He is such a powerful 2, in the 1/2 punch. You can just see the other team slowing from their game starting pace, then he comes in and keeps our pace the same. A valuable, valuable weapon indeed.;)
Coach K did the same thing in 1984 and '85 with David Henderson. He was aour #3 offensive option after Dawkins and Alarie, but he came in off the bench to stretch the opposition's defense just when it was slowing down.

OldPhiKap
12-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Coach K did the same thing in 1984 and '85 with David Henderson. He was aour #3 offensive option after Dawkins and Alarie, but he came in off the bench to stretch the opposition's defense just when it was slowing down.

Gordog beat me to it. It is vital to have folks come off the bench and up the pressure when the other side is starting to get winded. Scheyer is #2 in minutes (according to Dan Patrick, at least) so I think it is clear his position is strategic and not a comment on his abilities. Ditto Hendu (although I think it was more '85-'86 but it's the same principle).

Along those same lines -- I thought it was great to see McClure off the bench when everyone else started to get tired legs on the other side. As one of the commentators noted, he had fresher legs and was able to make some things happen. I think the same will hold true for Zoubek this year as well -- get into the game when the other side might start losing half a step.

Every competitive advantage helps.

365Duke
12-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Gordog beat me to it. It is vital to have folks come off the bench and up the pressure when the other side is starting to get winded. Scheyer is #2 in minutes (according to Dan Patrick, at least) so I think it is clear his position is strategic and not a comment on his abilities. Ditto Hendu (although I think it was more '85-'86 but it's the same principle).

Along those same lines -- I thought it was great to see McClure off the bench when everyone else started to get tired legs on the other side. As one of the commentators noted, he had fresher legs and was able to make some things happen. I think the same will hold true for Zoubek this year as well -- get into the game when the other side might start losing half a step.

Every competitive advantage helps.

Even though it was an inferior opponent, it was obvious that Z had an extra pep in his step in the last 8 minutes. Even when he started the game, he had plenty of rest and took advantage in the closing min. when UAlbany was spent.

Classof06
12-18-2007, 04:57 PM
I looked at this game as a tuneup for Thursday's big tilt and was very impressed. As crazy as it sounds, I didn't think we played that well against Michigan, so I was curious to see how we came off what was another week-long stretch without a game. I thought we played excellent and really came out with the intensity that was lacking a bit against the Wolverines.

I thought Demarcus (23 pts in 26 mins), Scheyer (18 pts in 23 mins) and King (17 pts in 19 mins) played exceptionally well. I was also very encouraged by Zoubek getting 13 and 7 on 5-8 from the field, regardelss of who we were playing. For once, I actually saw signs of comfort from Zoubek while on the court. If he can continue to take baby steps, we'll be alright.

Everyone played well and if we shoot like that on Thursday night, we'll be in great shape. The only thing I saw that I didn't like was that we gambled and dove into the passing lane on a lot of passes. Now, that helped us create a lot of turnovers but it also allowed for a lot of 5-on-4 situations. I don't believe we can afford to do that against Pitt. Anyway, I'm clearly nit-picking at this point and I thought we looked great overall.

Onto the Big Apple, baby..