PDA

View Full Version : Coach Cutcliffe said he would sell tickets.

Jarhead
12-17-2007, 10:58 AM
Coach Cutcliffe just called me at home. I told him I wanted 2 tickets on the 50 yard line just below the president's box. I guess he didn't hear my response, but this guy is going to sell some tickets.

Devil in the Blue Dress
12-17-2007, 11:01 AM
Coach Cutcliffe just called me at home. I told him I wanted 2 tickets on the 50 yard line just below the president's box. I guess he didn't hear my response, but this guy is going to sell some tickets.

Wonder when he'll be leading the singing pf the alma mater? I look forward to no longer singing it alone!!!!

OZZIE4DUKE
12-17-2007, 11:44 AM

He called me too! I was so excited to hear from him - no sarcasm intended. I know it was just a recording, but I was glad to get his call.

I will renew my ticket for next year, on the 42 yard line under the press box. I like the sun behind me in the afternoons, not in my eyes.

Jarhead
12-17-2007, 12:10 PM
You are right about the sun, Oz, but I have had these seats since returning from Viet Nam, and I am very comfortable with the few folks that come back every year.

Genedoc
12-17-2007, 01:58 PM
Here's to hoping that those of us who have toughed out the last several years and have plum seats between the 40s will be handsomely rewarded by Coach Cut.

Devil in the Blue Dress
12-17-2007, 02:15 PM
Here's to hoping that those of us who have toughed out the last several years and have plum seats between the 40s will be handsomely rewarded by Coach Cut.

It would be a welcome gesture if the Athletic Dept. would do something to recognize and thank those who have been loyal over the years. There are a number of people in the section where I sit who have been buying season football tickets for 30-50 years. They have been at the games year after year.

OZZIE4DUKE
12-17-2007, 02:38 PM
It would be a welcome gesture if the Athletic Dept. would do something to recognize and thank those who have been loyal over the years. There are a number of people in the section where I sit who have been buying season football tickets for 30-50 years. They have been at the games year after year.

OK, being one of us, I like that idea. What would you suggest? Free clothing items (something nice) with each season ticket renewed (above and beyond the football trinket they are currently offering)? A free GA ticket for each season ticket ordered? They provided 1 free ticket a couple of years ago, I think for the homecoming game. Something else?

devilish
12-17-2007, 03:00 PM
As for a prize for renewing tickets, winning would be a nice gesture. I'm tired of taking my family to games at WW and having to leave at halftime because they can't take it anymore. I finally have a feeling that things will be a little different. My wife even mentioned that she was excited about going to games next year!

Devil in the Blue Dress
12-17-2007, 03:23 PM
OK, being one of us, I like that idea. What would you suggest? Free clothing items (something nice) with each season ticket renewed (above and beyond the football trinket they are currently offering)? A free GA ticket for each season ticket ordered? They provided 1 free ticket a couple of years ago, I think for the homecoming game. Something else?

ANY recognition given to those who have been in Wallace Wade each year, game after game, many of us to the end of each game, any sort of recognition would be welcome. An announcement could be made at a game to recognize such ticket holders by asking them to stand. This has been done at times for Iron Dukes, but I'd like to see the faithful recognized whether they are Iron Dukes or not. (I'm a 30yr Iron Duke, but know not all loyal fans at the football games are.)

Another idea... I'd appreciate having a seat at a reserved table for the football banquet next month (or whenever they have it). It would be an honor to be able to sit with some of the players I've watched each Saturday.

That's a start. The point is that it's time Duke showed some appreciation to those of us who continued our support of football for YEARS.

What do you think?