PDA

View Full Version : Duke MBB vs. Albany Pre-Game and In-Game Thread

JBDuke
12-16-2007, 03:58 AM
Post your thoughts on the pending matchup with Albany in this thread...

Bob Green
12-16-2007, 06:17 AM
Albany mixed up their line-up for the game against St. Francis:

http://blogs.timesunion.com/collegesports/?cat=3

I don't see us having much trouble in this game as long as the team is focused on playing Albany and not looking ahead to MSG and Pittsburgh.

4decadedukie
12-16-2007, 07:41 AM
I agree, Bob. At the risk of "looking ahead" to 20 December, I watched Pitt defeat OSU yesterday, and I hope our team really uses the Albany game to work on defense, communications, and fundamentally to recover from a brief exam layoff. We will require our "A game" against Pittsburgh.

mgtr
12-16-2007, 09:57 PM
I agree that we need to focus on Albany. I have posted before that I would like to see Zoubek start against Albany, not to prep for Pittsburgh, but to prep Zoubek. We are going to need him in ACC games.

jmorris435
12-17-2007, 11:25 AM
anybody know the face value for tickets to the game tonight? I cant get an answer on the ticket exchange so I figured I would try here.

-jk
12-17-2007, 12:09 PM
anybody know the face value for tickets to the game tonight? I cant get an answer on the ticket exchange so I figured I would try here.

Face depends on the seat. You might try actually posting on the ticket exchange before you complain that you can't get an answer there. Reminds me of the old joke:

A guy finds himself in financial ruin; his business is bust and he's in serious trouble. He's so desperate that he decides to ask God for help. He goes to church and begins to pray. "God, please help me, I've lost my business and I'm going to lose my house, too. Please let me win the lottery."

Lottery night comes and someone else wins it.

He goes back to church. "God, please let me win the lottery, I've lost my business, my house and I'm going to lose my car, too."

Lottery night comes again and, again, someone else wins it.

He goes back to church. "God, why have you forsaken me? I've lost my business, my house, and my car, and my wife and children are starving. I don't often ask you for help and I have always been a good servant to you. Why won't you just let me win the lottery this one time so I can get my life back in order?"

Suddenly there is a blinding flash of light as the heavens open and he is confronted by the voice of God himself. "MEET ME HALF-WAY ON THIS ONE. BUY A DAMN TICKET!"

-jk

whereinthehellami
12-17-2007, 03:47 PM
Here are some Danes stats:

As a team they shoot under 30% from 3.
Nobody on the team shoots over 40% from 3.
Their A:T ratio is 1:1.3 in the wrong direction.
Albany averages 65.4 PPG.
Lillis is their leading scorer at 13.4 PPG.

beltwayBD
12-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Great to see David healthy again!

Karl Beem
12-17-2007, 07:53 PM
Wow, I missed most of the 1st half.

yancem
12-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Watch Taylor King move it is very reminiscent of Josh McRoberts. I know that their games are very different but they shuffle their feet and mover their arms in similar manner. Throw in that fact that King wears number 20 and sometimes you only catch the 2 and it is kind of eerie. He even passes the ball with a similar motion although I image that may be a lefty thing.

Freethrw33
12-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Anyone know why Lance is not playing?
We will need him against Pittsburgh!

bigj4194
12-17-2007, 08:07 PM
yeah...but TK has a much better jump shot than McRoberts...maybe even better post moves...time will tell :)

beltwayBD
12-17-2007, 08:17 PM
Anyone know why Lance is not playing?
We will need him against Pittsburgh!

Sprained ankle.

pamtar
12-17-2007, 08:35 PM
Great to see David healthy again!

Amen. He will be the difference maker down against Pitt. Mark it.

Clipsfan
12-17-2007, 08:35 PM
I know that it doesn't matter in a game like this (where we're going to win by a lot), but the FT shooting has been fairly awful again. At the moment, they're 12 for 23, which is fairly bad even for this team (I haven't seen any stats, and not to pick on him as he had a great first half, but I think that Nelson has missed quite a few)

sandinmyshoes
12-17-2007, 08:36 PM
These types of games are fun at first, but then they get boring. Then they get fun again with the guys at the end of the bench get some minutes. Not a bad way to knock off some rust, even if not the most entertaining way to do so.

Karl Beem
12-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Zoooouuuubek!

Karl Beem
12-17-2007, 08:45 PM
Zooooouuuuubek!

Karl Beem
12-17-2007, 08:46 PM
He's a beast!

beltwayBD
12-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Zoub!