PDA

View Full Version : The new SnrubChat

billybreen
12-16-2007, 01:46 AM
The new SnrubChat is looking good, so I have now made it the default. Anyone hitting the previous location, www.ryanbreen.com:81/SnrubChat will be automatically redirected to the new site, www.snrub.com. Mods, please make www.snrub.com the default URL in the sticky thread. Thanks!

JBDuke
12-16-2007, 02:58 AM
The new SnrubChat is looking good, so I have now made it the default. Anyone hitting the previous location, www.ryanbreen.com:81/SnrubChat will be automatically redirected to the new site, www.snrub.com. Mods, please make www.snrub.com the default URL in the sticky thread. Thanks!

The link in the sticky thread has been updated.

-jk
12-16-2007, 10:03 AM
Now if we can just get it to work on my Blackberry - I don't have one of them-there iPhone thingies.

What browser requirements does it have?

-jk

billybreen
12-16-2007, 11:42 AM
Now if we can just get it to work on my Blackberry - I don't have one of them-there iPhone thingies.

What browser requirements does it have?

-jk

Pretty much any competent modern browser that has JavaScript support suitable for using other Ajax applications (think Google Maps) should be supported. I'm pretty sure that rules out a Blackberry because its browser is, well, terrible.

-jk
12-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Pretty much any competent modern browser that has JavaScript support suitable for using other Ajax applications (think Google Maps) should be supported. I'm pretty sure that rules out a Blackberry because its browser is, well, terrible.

Yes, it does leave a bit to be desired, but between the built in browser and Opera Mini, about the only thing I can't do - that I'd regularly like to be able to do - is Snrub chat.

It does have Java and JavaScript, but I think not at an "Ajax" level.

Que sera.

-jk

YmoBeThere
12-16-2007, 02:26 PM
Would Blazer 4.5 work as a browser? I am specing out phones right now and am looking at what is available pre-loaded.

billybreen
12-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Would Blazer 4.5 work as a browser? I am specing out phones right now and am looking at what is available pre-loaded.

From a quick check, I don't think Blazer 4.5 has the chops.

YmoBeThere
12-16-2007, 02:49 PM
From a quick check, I don't think Blazer 4.5 has the chops.

Any thoughts on what mobile web browsers might work? IE mobile perhaps?(yes, MSFT is evil, but if they get the job done.)(Opera Mini and Blazer out...I haven't found any others yet).

billybreen
12-16-2007, 03:02 PM
Any thoughts on what mobile web browsers might work? IE mobile perhaps?(yes, MSFT is evil, but if they get the job done.)(Opera Mini and Blazer out...I haven't found any others yet).

IE mobile should work, but I don't have enough experience to say for sure. Opera Mini and Blazer are definitely out. Minimo, the Firefox based browser, will probably work as well.

Of course, Safari on the iPhone is well supported. ;)

YmoBeThere
12-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Of course, Safari on the iPhone is well supported. ;)

I was heading in that direction...I am still trying to find a way to edit my Excel spreadsheets on the iPhone. I was thinking that maybe using an online spreadsheet such as EditGrid might work as I can then transfer from the web back into my Excel spreadsheets at home.

billybreen
12-16-2007, 03:20 PM
I was heading in that direction...I am still trying to find a way to edit my Excel spreadsheets on the iPhone. I was thinking that maybe using an online spreadsheet such as EditGrid might work as I can then transfer from the web back into my Excel spreadsheets at home.

Yeah, Google's spreadsheet web app would work as well, I think.