PDA

View Full Version : Shelden Williams Carjacked But Unharmed

Atlanta Duke
12-15-2007, 07:32 PM
This bit of news from Atlanta

Second-year Hawks forward Shelden Williams was the victim of a carjacking outside of his barber shop on Cascade Road Saturday afternoon, just hours before the Hawks played the Charlotte Bobcats Saturday night at Philips Arena.

Williams was not hurt in the incident but did have his car stolen. Williams missed the Hawks' afternoon walk-through practice but showed up just over an hour before tip off.

"It's been a long day but I'm fine," he said as teammates and coaches approached him in the locker room to check on him.

The incident happened, Williams said, as he left the barbershop that he frequents regularly. He said he had no idea if he was targeted or not. But he did get the license plate number of the car, which later helped law enforcement officials track down the two men who robbed him.

Hawks spokesman Arthur Triche said Douglas County police apprehended the suspects as they tried to rob someone else at Arbor Place Mall Saturday evening.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/hawks/stories/2007/12/15/williams_1216.html

Certainly relieved to read Shelden is OK

Indoor66
12-15-2007, 07:38 PM
This bit of news from Atlanta

Second-year Hawks forward Shelden Williams was the victim of a carjacking outside of his barber shop on Cascade Road Saturday afternoon, just hours before the Hawks played the Charlotte Bobcats Saturday night at Philips Arena.

Williams was not hurt in the incident but did have his car stolen. Williams missed the Hawks' afternoon walk-through practice but showed up just over an hour before tip off.

"It's been a long day but I'm fine," he said as teammates and coaches approached him in the locker room to check on him.

The incident happened, Williams said, as he left the barbershop that he frequents regularly. He said he had no idea if he was targeted or not. But he did get the license plate number of the car, which later helped law enforcement officials track down the two men who robbed him.

Hawks spokesman Arthur Triche said Douglas County police apprehended the suspects as they tried to rob someone else at Arbor Place Mall Saturday evening.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/hawks/stories/2007/12/15/williams_1216.html

Certainly relieved to read Shelden is OK

Sorry to hear that and am glad Shelden is OK. We need to get our Atlanta Mafia on this situation.

Channing
12-15-2007, 08:24 PM
I'll be honest - if I were a car jacker (which I'm not . . . btw), and I chose Shelden's car, I would be terrified when this 6'9 jacked guy got out of the car.

That said - very glad to hear Shelden is alright.

Atlanta Duke
12-15-2007, 08:50 PM
I'll be honest - if I were a car jacker (which I'm not . . . btw), and I chose Shelden's car, I would be terrified when this 6'9 jacked guy got out of the car.

That said - very glad to hear Shelden is alright.

Maybe a little less terrified if you had a gun pointed at him (which was the situation today)

dukie8
12-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Maybe a little less terrified if you had a gun pointed at him (which was the situation today)

what's the rap song that goes something like "my fists may have had a lot of losses but my gun is undefeated"?

there has been a recent racket going on in nyc of gangs going into clubs, looking for guys showing a lot of bling, calling other gang members out on the street when the blingsters are leaving and then robbing the blingsters when they get to their cars. several of the blingsters have been pro athletes and other assorted celebs. it's got to be scary no matter how big you are.

snowdenscold
12-16-2007, 12:57 AM
Can't say I was that upset to read this line:

The officer said one suspect was taken to a hospital after suffering dog bites from the police canine unit during the arrest.

tombrady
12-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Syblis said Williams, a second-year player from Duke, did not identify himself as a player for the Hawks.

Good for him.

lavell12
12-16-2007, 10:41 AM
I wouldn't admit being on the Hawks either:rolleyes: