PDA

View Full Version : Darth Vaden!

billybreen
12-15-2007, 04:13 PM
UAB just came back from down 12 at the half to beat Kentucky by 3 behind a mind bogglingly clutch shooting half for Robert Vaden. That dude was out of his gourd.

Also featured in this game, Patrick Patterson fouling out with about 20 seconds left knocking a UAB guard out of bounds. UAB hit both throws, and that provided the final margin.

Lavabe
12-15-2007, 04:20 PM
UAB just came back from down 12 at the half to beat Kentucky by 3 behind a mind bogglingly clutch shooting half for Robert Vaden. That dude was out of his gourd.

Also featured in this game, Patrick Patterson fouling out with about 20 seconds left knocking a UAB guard out of bounds. UAB hit both throws, and that provided the final margin.

[Tie in to another thread]: Uh oh ... somewhere there's a friend of Wilson who is really mad!!

Cheers,
Lavabe

prefan21
12-15-2007, 04:44 PM
I was hoping someone would start a thread about this. Vaden scored 28 points in the second half, and hit 7-11 three pointers. He was automatic, and his final three sunk Kentucky. I imagine 4-4 is not the start UK was looking for.

In other news, Georgia Southern is up on Florida late in the second half.

billybreen
12-15-2007, 05:01 PM
I was hoping someone would start a thread about this. Vaden scored 28 points in the second half, and hit 7-11 three pointers. He was automatic, and his final three sunk Kentucky. I imagine 4-4 is not the start UK was looking for.

That final three was nuts. He jacked it up from well deep, and he looked to be jumping off of one foot. Insane.

snowdenscold
12-16-2007, 01:00 AM
But the real question: did this game feature a no-look, 2-handed over the back/head pass in transition for one of the coolest assists I've seen (ala UAB-UK '04)

kydevil
12-16-2007, 12:54 PM
But the real question: did this game feature a no-look, 2-handed over the back/head pass in transition for one of the coolest assists I've seen (ala UAB-UK '04)

I wish it would've. I was in a room full of Uk fans when that happened, I had to let my excitement out! :D

PensDevil
12-16-2007, 08:13 PM

UAB vs UK 2004 (YouTube)
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyKsOwfeXRo)

mgtr
12-16-2007, 10:04 PM
After much gnashing of teeth and tearing of hair when PP when to UK, now it appears that we were saved by the bell. PP didn't feel cool with our guys, and thank the Lord for small favors. I believe we are better off with the team we have. Although, honestly, in March I may regret my statement! However, regardless of his talent, if he poisons the team (ref: recent experience) we are probably better off as we are.
As the big time poker players say: I'll play these. I think we are good to go. I almost cannot wait for ACC season to begin.

VaDukie
12-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Didn't see the game except for a quick gem at the start.

Kentucky T-shirt
Good: Kentucky
Bad: Louisville
Ugly: Guess Who?

devildeac
12-16-2007, 10:51 PM

Kentucky T-shirt

there can be only ONE correct answer here: unc

phaedrus
12-16-2007, 11:27 PM

Kentucky T-shirt

I saw that. Amazing that Kentucky still makes t-shirts about us.

mus074
12-17-2007, 10:01 AM

Kentucky T-shirt

It really is tough when you haven't been to the Final Four since 1998 yet you call yourself one of the premier programs in all of basketball. That frustration lends itself to jealousy and general bile. We should all take extra joy in Duke's fine play this season, as it makes life in Lexington that much harder.

Who here thinks UK does better than 22-11 this year? Who here thinks the talking heads will give as much attention to their poor season as Duke got last year? Yet another example of why they still make shirts about us.

mus074
12-17-2007, 10:02 AM
I saw that. Amazing that Kentucky still makes t-shirts about us.

I am not proud of this:

http://www.cafepress.com/juliovision/4004931