PDA

View Full Version : Brief Quin Snyder Shoutout

SilkyJ
12-14-2007, 12:10 AM
was watching the lakers spurs game and doug collins was discussing darius washington (memphis kid who missed the free throw) coming up form the d league cause duncan and parker are hurt, and he mentioned that quinn is the coach of the d league team. I forget the exact quote that came next but it was complimentary and was something to the effect of the spurs being a better organization b/c the d league team was so legit and quinn is a part of it being legit.

Jeffrey
12-14-2007, 09:44 AM
was watching the lakers spurs game and doug collins was discussing darius washington (memphis kid who missed the free throw) coming up form the d league cause duncan and parker are hurt, and he mentioned that quinn is the coach of the d league team. I forget the exact quote that came next but it was complimentary and was something to the effect of the spurs being a better organization b/c the d league team was so legit and quinn is a part of it being legit.

Hi,

In many ways, this may well be Quinn's greatest challenge. Darius is a perfect example b/c he is on the Toros (Quinn's team) for a few games then he is brought up to the Spurs. Before the season is over he will probably be back with the Toros. As a result, the Toros cannot consistently run quality pick & rolls or help defense. In many ways, it's like coaching a pick-up game. Players are consistently out of position and many of them do not know all of the Toros plays. It'll have to age Quinn... yet again.

Best regards,
Jeffrey

SilkyJ
12-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Hi,

In many ways, this may well be Quinn's greatest challenge. Darius is a perfect example b/c he is on the Toros (Quinn's team) for a few games then he is brought up to the Spurs. Before the season is over he will probably be back with the Toros. As a result, the Toros cannot consistently run quality pick & rolls or help defense. In many ways, it's like coaching a pick-up game. Players are consistently out of position and many of them do not know all of the Toros plays. It'll have to age Quinn... yet again.

Best regards,
Jeffrey

Good point. I think Darius will be back there in a matter of days b/c I think parker's injury is pretty minor.

Hopefully Quinn can use this as an opportunity to move in the assistant ranks in the NBA, if thats something he wants.

Jeffrey
12-14-2007, 06:12 PM
Good point. I think Darius will be back there in a matter of days b/c I think parker's injury is pretty minor.

Hopefully Quinn can use this as an opportunity to move in the assistant ranks in the NBA, if thats something he wants.

Hi,

Quinn's team has a lot of talent and, IMO, about 3-4 players who have NBA potential. Somebody we watched at the college level, Keith Langford, is playing very well. He also has a very good, but less known, big man by the name of Ian Mahinmi who played in France (obviously a strong recruiting location for the Spurs). Add Darius to the mix and they can play some high level hoops if they get a chance to play together enough.

IMO, Quinn can out-coach anyone else in the league. In addition, he is putting a lot of time & energy into his team.

Best regards,
Jeffrey