PDA

View Full Version : Now You Can Apply

77devil
12-13-2007, 11:43 AM
A sports commentator from MSNBC made fun of this. It's probably an EEOC requirement but I laughed. It reminded me of the open letter my son received to all matriculating male freshman in 2002 inviting them to try out for the football team.

I was particularly amused by the qualifications section at the bottom. I'm guessing Alleva wrote that part.

http://www.hr.duke.edu/jobs/descr_campus/select.php?ID=1200

blazindw
12-13-2007, 11:47 AM
A sports commentator from MSNBC made fun of this. It's probably an EEOC requirement but I laughed. It reminded me of the open letter my son received to all matriculating male freshman in 2002 inviting them to try out for the football team.

http://www.hr.duke.edu/jobs/descr_campus/select.php?ID=1200

Yes, this has been discussed in various other forums. It's not required by private schools (it is required of public universities), but Duke by custom usually posts them. Not a big deal that they did.

Honestly though...I definitely considered applying for it. Why not, right?

SilkyJ
12-13-2007, 12:29 PM
It reminded me of the open letter my son received to all matriculating male freshman in 2002 inviting them to try out for the football team.

I almost made it too. I think I was just too hard of a hitter...a white ronnie lott, if you will, and coach franks didn't want me hurting players in practice. yea, that was definitely it.

I was particularly amused by the qualifications section at the bottom. I'm guessing Alleva wrote that part.

zing!

jgehtland
12-13-2007, 12:54 PM
I actually did submit my resume when Goldsmith left. Back then, the HR board was literally a board on a wall in the hall by the U Room. It listed all the open positions on campus on paper from a spooled line printer with crummy mimeograph ink. I was a research assistant at the time, and I thought: hey, I'm just as qualified as anybody else they'll interview. Why not?

I never got a call back, though.........