PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to NC State!

OZZIE4DUKE
03-10-2007, 06:19 PM
They've played great for 3 days. Do they have enough left in the tank to beat the heels? Probably not, but if not us I'm glad it's them trying. It's good to keep these things in the Triangle and Tobacco Road!

WOLF ... PACK!

dukelifer
03-10-2007, 06:25 PM
They've played great for 3 days. Do they have enough left in the tank to beat the heels? Probably not, but if not us I'm glad it's them trying. It's good to keep these things in the Triangle and Tobacco Road!

WOLF ... PACK!

If State wins it will be an absolute miracle. Atsur is limping- the team is exhausted. But if they win- it will be a great, great story. Isn't this the 20 year anniversary of the last State upset of UNC in the ACC Final? If they lose, UNC gains a title but no better sense of who they are as a team. I still think UNC is shaky in a close game and they have not been tested in this tourney. But a possible miracle upset is worth watching for sure. State fans and Duke fans share a hate for UNC. We all need to pull for State.

BluBones
03-10-2007, 07:04 PM
GO!
PACK!
GO!
PACK!
GO!
PACK!
GO!
PACK!

HCFthird
03-10-2007, 07:27 PM
It is a fantastic story - and I hope that they can continue on this journey.

(Aside: Did anyone see the flailing "kobe" slaps Hansbrough was throwing out today?)

cbarry
03-10-2007, 07:41 PM
It would be great to see NCSU win the ACC Tourney! I would love it, but it's Not gonna happen. No team has ever won 4 ACC games in 4 days. EVER. NC State is tired. Carolina has not even had to break a sweat in its 2 wins.

P.S. I DID see Hansbrough flailing. I think he hit Dudley in the nose. Dudley wondered if HIS nose was broken. Saw him do the quick check.

tele
03-11-2007, 01:00 AM
!!!!!!!!!!

Duke15304
03-11-2007, 08:59 AM
is looking as bad

chrishoke
03-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Go pack - great story. Man they were gassed at the end of the game Saturday.

Carrie
03-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Color me red and white for the day. Basically, from the moment we went out, I've been rooting for the lowest seeds (Miami sure did make a nice run of it...). If NC State wins this it will be the most amazing ACC tournament run in my memory, certainly, if not ever. Also, it will make me much happier in my mixed marriage (Duke grad and UNC grad) if NC State beats UNC too.

I hope they got a good night's sleep.

GO PACK!!!

RED!! WHITE!! RED!! WHITE!!

N...
C...
State...

NC STATE!

_Gary
03-11-2007, 02:51 PM
And as I expected, the Tampa crowd is definitely slanted toward UNC. No "hatred" for the Heels, even though they are the favorites in this tournament and State is playing Cinderella. Can you imagine how it would be if Duke were playing the role UNC is playing today? Would they be getting the cheers UNC is getting? Not in Tampa. It really is an anti-Duke, pro-UNC part of the country. Disgusting...

Gary

cbarry
03-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Most parts of the country that care about UNC or Duke are pro-UNC. Besides Durham, the NYC area may be the only exception. Very sad. I guess that happens because UNC turns out approximately 300% more grads every year than Duke.

cbarry
P.S. Valiant effort by NC State, but they JUST didn't have quite enough to pull of the upset. Dang Heels look pretty much unstoppable for the the NCAAs. I see a #1 seed for them, and a very easy road to the Final 4.

JBDuke
03-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Most parts of the country that care about UNC or Duke are pro-UNC. Besides Durham, the NYC area may be the only exception. Very sad. I guess that happens because UNC turns out approximately 300% more grads every year than Duke.

cbarry

BTW, we hold our own pretty well here in the DC Metro area. There are a number of Carolina fans, but I see as much Duke stuff, it seems.