PDA

View Full Version : Have you guys seen UNC's team poster?

DBFAN
12-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Have any of you seen the Team poster for UNC this year. I saw one tonight at a sports store in the mall, and I just about fell on the floor laughing. If anyone has a link so the ones who have not seen this, can view it, please do. The central figure of that picture is priceless.

Duke09
12-11-2007, 10:43 PM
http://www.bluehealers.org/Holes.jpg
Here It Is.

DBFAN
12-11-2007, 10:47 PM
I was just hoping that someone had a link, I just saw it at a sports store tonight.

Duke09
12-11-2007, 10:51 PM
http://bp0.blogger.com/_DNWziKTu2TU/Rx_9mweY1ZI/AAAAAAAAAQY/gMci5-8nUFo/s1600-h/283143149.jpg

DBFAN
12-11-2007, 10:58 PM
As if Frasor (spelling) could ever do that to a basketball. But the picture of Tyler reminds me of some WWF poster. Ha ha.

EarlJam
12-11-2007, 11:18 PM
As if Frasor (spelling) could ever do that to a basketball. But the picture of Tyler reminds me of some WWF poster. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. They are so stupid.

Just for the record, this post (especially the last sentence), genuinely made me laugh out loud. Not a semi-serious "LOL." No. It truly made me laugh out loud. Awesome.

-EarlJam

jlear
12-11-2007, 11:36 PM
It would be difficult to photoshop something that looked that stupid.

gotham devil
12-11-2007, 11:57 PM
I've seen posters of Queer Eye For The Straight Guy that were more intimidating. The Memphis team photo in SLAM was impressive.

billybreen
12-12-2007, 12:52 AM
Wow. That's awesomely bad.

DBFAN
12-12-2007, 01:28 AM
I'm pretty sure the only thing missing from this picture is an American flag waving in the background (thank God they did not).

Ima Facultiwyfe
12-12-2007, 07:38 AM
Surely they jest. Surely. OMG SURELY!!
Bless their hearts.
Love, Ima

weezie
12-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Holy smokes....

Looks extremely "odd." Not that there's anything wrong with "odd...."

yancem
12-12-2007, 08:50 AM
Just for the record, this post (especially the last sentence), genuinely made me laugh out loud. Not a semi-serious "LOL." No. It truly made me laugh out loud. Awesome.

-EarlJam

Yeah, I couldn't hold back a nice belly laugh either!

kydevil
12-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Wow. Thats really cute.

rsvman
12-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Remember that Geico "caveman" commercial where he's on some Fox news-ish talk segment with a sociologist or something? She's pictured on the bottom right of the screen and the caveman's on the top right. She says a long sentence with lots of jargon in it and then the facilitator asks the caveman if he has any comments.

The caveman says, "Yeah. I have a comment. Umm.....WHAT?!?"

Well, that's what I thought when I saw the poster.

godukerocks
12-12-2007, 09:14 AM
"Take everything, give up nothing"

Ol Tyler must of thought up that one

Lavabe
12-12-2007, 09:21 AM
As if Frasor (spelling) could ever do that to a basketball. But the picture of Tyler reminds me of some WWF poster. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. They are so stupid.

I can see Cameron now:
one side chants: "TAKE NOTHING!"
the other side chants: "GIVE UP EVERYTHING!"

So how did all those balls get deflated? Was it the spear in the back row, or did Clever Hans squeeze all the balls?

Wouldn't it have made more sense to give Clever Hans a SLING BLADE?

Umm, is that guy REALLY carrying a spear in the back row? Is THIS the official poster, or was this photoshopped? And what's up with Frasor?

This is too bizarre!

Cheers,
Lavabe

Shammrog
12-12-2007, 09:45 AM
I can see Cameron now:

So how did all those balls get deflated? Was it the spear in the back row, or did Clever Hans squeeze all the balls?

Umm, is that guy REALLY carrying a spear in the back row? Is THIS the official poster, or was this photoshopped? And what's up with Frasor?

This is too bizarre!

Cheers,
Lavabe

I just wanna know who the guy holding the menacing hula hoop is...

sandinmyshoes
12-12-2007, 09:52 AM
So that is supposed to be inspired by The 300?

Lavabe
12-12-2007, 10:07 AM
I just wanna know who the guy holding the menacing hula hoop is...

This whole poster reminds me of WHERE'S WALDO, only I'm still wondering WHERE'S ROY? Can you find his tears? Can you find his Coca-Cola?

Cheers,
Lavabe

billybreen
12-12-2007, 10:10 AM
So that is supposed to be inspired by The 300?

Yes, in much the same way this is:

http://www.snrub.com/300.jpg

Section 8
12-12-2007, 10:20 AM
bwaaaahahahahahahahahahaha!

how humiliating

thebur
12-12-2007, 10:25 AM
I know UNC folks were upset about the Henderson foul but honestly, does their team really need to play with shields? And the NCAA must have something to say about that!

tbyers11
12-12-2007, 10:36 AM
I can see Cameron now:

This is too bizarre!

Cheers,
Lavabe

I think that chant is a great idea. I think a bunch of Crazies holding deflated basketballs while giving their most menacing glares would be a nice touch as well.

EarlJam
12-12-2007, 11:18 AM
I think that chant is a great idea. I think a bunch of Crazies holding deflated basketballs while giving their most menacing glares would be a nice touch as well.

This must happen. Great idea! And throw in some hub caps for shields.

Who every came up with the concept, or costuming for that poster should be taken out, stripped, marinated in Liquid Drano, rolled in shards of glass, and dipped into a vat of rubbing alcohol.

-EarlJam

mus074
12-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Old Dominion is averaging 65 points per game and about one point per possession. Against UNC they scored 82 on 1.22 ppp, their most by far all season. Their offense ranks 111th according to Pomeroy. Only games against 2-6 Georgia State (248 Pom, 288 RPI) and 2-9 Maryland Eastern Shore (334, 309) came close to that offensive production.

UNC's D is suspect. Even the woeful Kentucky offense which averages about 1 ppp and is ranked 169th pulled out 1 ppp against the Heels' defensive pressure.

Give up nothing, my I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this..

JasonEvans
12-12-2007, 01:16 PM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1456/5235808/18057766/284024234.jpg

Duvall
12-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Man, Quin was right.

John Q. Devil
12-12-2007, 01:55 PM
The boys over at TBZ have a funny breakdown of the poster.

http://www.dukebluezone.com/2007/12/this-is-carolina.html

VaDukie
12-12-2007, 02:52 PM
After Ginyard dressed up as a woman for a Flava flav skit during their Midnight Madness, does this really surprise anyone? I just want to know the themes they turned down before settling on this gem.

Possibilities:
Transformers - TH has always been a little robotic.
Shrek - also a little ogreish
Hairspray - Ginyard has already been in drag

EarlJam
12-12-2007, 03:08 PM
The scary, or unbelievable thing is, that someone, or several people actually looked at the finished product and said, "Yeah, that works. Cool!"

Either that or the person that threw together that rag-tag concept knew he/she was about to pull a "Petrino" and didn't care.

-EarlJam

EarlJam
12-12-2007, 03:14 PM
After Ginyard dressed up as a woman for a Flava flav skit during their Midnight Madness, does this really surprise anyone? I just want to know the themes they turned down before settling on this gem.

Possibilities:
Transformers - TH has always been a little robotic.
Shrek - also a little ogreish
Hairspray - Ginyard has already been in drag

The 20 Year Old Virgins

-EarlJam

billybreen
12-12-2007, 03:16 PM
The 20 Year Old Virgins

-EarlJam

l0lz

Mal
12-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Hold on a second here people. I'm not usually one to get all rainy on a laugh at UNC Parade or anything (and yes, I think Carolina's poster is pretty cringe-worthy), but, you know, glass houses, rocks, pots and kettles, something something.

Perhaps we should all take a gander at some of the doozies here http://www.dukeblueplanet.com/content.asp?tid=118 before mocking too loudly.

EarlJam
12-12-2007, 03:24 PM
l0lz

? What is that?

billybreen
12-12-2007, 03:26 PM
? What is that?

How my avatar would lol, I suppose.

Duvall
12-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Perhaps we should all take a gander at some of the doozies here http://www.dukeblueplanet.com/content.asp?tid=118 before mocking too loudly.

Fair enough, but none of those were based on a movie derived from a comic book.

I mean, nunchuks?

Tommac
12-12-2007, 03:27 PM
The only Duke team poster that may be a little embarrasing might be the chemistry one. Still, none of them are as silly looking as this years UNC poster of Greek warrior posers.

EarlJam
12-12-2007, 03:28 PM
How my avatar would lol, I suppose.

Doh! Awesome!

-EJ

EarlJam
12-12-2007, 03:30 PM
The only Duke team poster that may be a little embarrasing might be the chemistry one. Still, none of them are as silly looking as this years UNC poster of Greek warrior posers.

Slight correction: "...UNC poster of Geek warrior posers."

Bostondevil
12-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Hold on a second here people. I'm not usually one to get all rainy on a laugh at UNC Parade or anything (and yes, I think Carolina's poster is pretty cringe-worthy), but, you know, glass houses, rocks, pots and kettles, something something.

Thanks Mal, what a great trip down memory lane. I had The Right Stuff up in my dorm room.

Nope, not a one of them is as bad as this year's UNC poster. A couple of the themes from the '80s were on the punnish, dopey side, but well, I judge them against their times. The whole process was less professional then. But UNC this year? They really ought to have known better. Hands down the worst team poster I've ever seen silly, cringeworthy, and just plain wrong.

EarlJam
12-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Thanks Mal, what a great trip down memory lane. I had The Right Stuff up in my dorm room.

Nope, not a one of them is as bad as this year's UNC poster. A couple of the themes from the '80s were on the punnish, dopey side, but well, I judge them against their times. The whole process was less professional then. But UNC this year? They really ought to have known better. Hands down the worst team poster I've ever seen silly, cringeworthy, and just plain wrong.

It's just down right sophmoric and fecal matterly.

-EJ

SharkD
12-12-2007, 03:40 PM

I dunno, the "Young Guns" poster (http://www.dukeblueplanet.com/images/gallery/77/large/1991%20Poster.jpg) from the 1990-1991 season was pretty goofy. Of course, it may have served as an inspiration for the current Carolina poster... "Goofy Movie Based Theme + Obviously Embarrassed Players + ??? = Profi... er, National Championship"

Classof06
12-12-2007, 03:55 PM

This poster is simply priceless. Just awful...

billybreen
12-12-2007, 03:57 PM
I dunno, the "Young Guns" poster (http://www.dukeblueplanet.com/images/gallery/77/large/1991%20Poster.jpg) from the 1990-1991 season was pretty goofy. Of course, it may have served as an inspiration for the current Carolina poster... "Goofy Movie Based Theme + Obviously Embarrassed Players + ??? = Profi... er, National Championship"

Yikes. That cuts to the bone.

HaveFunExpectToWin
12-12-2007, 05:07 PM

You forget how cool a movie Young Guns was at the time.

billybreen
12-12-2007, 05:20 PM
You forget how cool a movie Young Guns was at the time.

Hmm, I did forget Regulate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulate_(song)). I guess Young Guns was still cool in '94. "Regulators, mount up!" Rad.

Mal
12-12-2007, 05:27 PM
The only Duke team poster that may be a little embarrasing might be the chemistry one.

Uhmmmm, yyyeeeaaahhhhh. The one from '96, with the players in suits pretending to talk on the phone in front of computers and desks on the Cameron floor, with the title "Networking"? Not in the slightest bit embarassing. Nor was the "Duke's Young Guns," featuring our heroes sitting on a fence in dusters.

Look, I'm not saying they're worse than this one from UNC. Frankly, I think the whole idea is dorky and they should just take a straight-up team photo (I know it's a sacred cow for some; blast away). But be that as it may, if past is prologue (even the recent past, with Duke's "Band of Brothers" theme just two seasons ago), it's only a matter of time until we come out with a laughable poster like this again. It's like a guy in Zubaz making fun of a guy wearing parachute pants.

I will henceforth depart from this thread to leave you to your fun. Don't want to be a killjoy, just a cautionary.

billybreen
12-12-2007, 05:32 PM
It's like a guy in Zubaz making fun of a guy wearing parachute pants.

Wow, those are some painfully apt references. Kudos.

Ben63
12-12-2007, 07:04 PM
That poster is absolutly pathetic. It made me laugh too. I cant get over the "NC" in the middle of the shield. And by the way, basketball has nothing to do with Spartan warriors.

TillyGalore
12-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Here's a suggestion for the Crazies with UNC plays in CIS:

"Warrior wanna be's" clap, clap, clap

cbfx3
12-12-2007, 09:27 PM

man I remember some of those...

billybreen
12-12-2007, 10:09 PM
man I remember some of those...

"History in the Making" is regrettable, given the history made in '94-'95 :)

weezie
12-12-2007, 10:36 PM
Who doesn't love the old zubazzes....

billybreen
12-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Who doesn't love the old zubazzes....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3b/Zubaz.jpg

365Duke
12-12-2007, 10:46 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3b/Zubaz.jpg

The dude on the bottom produced this kid.:D

http://146.145.120.3/default.asp?c=timesunion&page=cfoot/news/AFN4116537.htm

DomerDevil
12-13-2007, 07:58 AM
http://www.bluehealers.org/Holes.jpg
Here It Is.

The UNC team poster is so stupid that it's brilliant. When Psycho uses the insanity plea, all his lawyers will need to do is to show this poster. He looks more demented than menacing.

SharkD
12-13-2007, 10:10 AM
You forget how cool a movie Young Guns was at the time. Um, yeah... I still have a shrine to Mr. Paula Abdul, himself. (And Lou "Sci-Fi Productions" Phillips, as well.)

There's also this one of what looks like Jeff Capel getting caught while swiping a volume from the Rare Book Room (http://www.dukeblueplanet.com/images/gallery/77/large/1994%20Poster.jpg). ;)

billybreen
12-13-2007, 10:16 AM
Ok, this thread has led me inexorably to the conclusion that team posters are goofy by definition. UNC's this year is just terrible, but I think the concept as a whole needs to be taken out back and shot.

Jaymf7
12-13-2007, 10:23 AM
The UNC team poster is so stupid that it's brilliant. When Psycho uses the insanity plea, all his lawyers will need to do is to show this poster. He looks more demented than menacing.

Think Waterboy...

rsvman
12-13-2007, 10:26 AM
The Crazies have just got to make fun of this.

How much could a cheap youth Voit basketball cost? Buy 'em in bulk at Dick's Sporting Goods and let the air out of 'em. Dress like warriors and hold the deflated balls menacingly while chanting "Take nothing, Give up everything." How great would that be?

UrinalCake
12-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Several years ago a player photo of Kris Lang was released, it had him sprawled out on the bench like he was laying on the beach. This absolutely set the bar for comedy from a Duke fan's perspective. Somebody please find this photo and post it, I am begging you!

Bluedawg
12-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Several years ago a player photo of Kris Lang was released, it had him sprawled out on the bench like he was laying on the beach. This absolutely set the bar for comedy from a Duke fan's perspective. Somebody please find this photo and post it, I am begging you!

Dude, with a s/n like that you need a good avatar.

lmb
12-14-2007, 02:49 PM

I have it saved on my computer, but I tried to attach a photo before and it had to be so small that it was unrecognizable. Does anyone have any tips for me? I'll gladly post the pic if I can.

lmb
12-14-2007, 02:54 PM
hope this works

UrinalCake
12-15-2007, 10:40 PM
Yes! Thank you IMB, you have made my day. Man, those were the glory years, weren't they? With Doherty at the helm, Carolina posting record losses, and players that ugly wearing their jerseys. :)

pamtar
12-16-2007, 10:41 AM
Does anybody have hans's glamour shots where he's posing with the ball in street clothes? Now that #$%@ is funny!

BlueDevilJay
01-24-2008, 03:24 PM
Couldn't the theme have been "Tarheels 08: Letting the Air out of the Ball"

Someone should really request more funding for them down there at SOCCC, they can't even afford a needle and pump. Poor guys....

dukegirlinsc
01-25-2008, 11:04 PM
Oh....my.......GOD.

I hope this is a joke.
Actually, no, I don't.
I love seeing those tools make asses of out themselves.
Especially that tall, crazy-eyed one. ;)

dukegirlinsc
01-25-2008, 11:08 PM
Does anybody have hans's glamour shots where he's posing with the ball in street clothes? Now that #$%@ is funny!

Best pictures EVER.
I just tried to find 'em, but no luck.

jjasper0729
01-26-2008, 09:43 AM
i THINK they're over on the thread about the north carolina basketball museum