PDA

View Full Version : ATTN ATLANTANS: Re: Thurs Dec 20

Channing
12-11-2007, 02:24 PM
for any Atlantans, I am returning to Atlanta after exams next week. If anyone is familiar with Frankies, they have sports trivia thursday nights @ 8. I will be playing if anyone would care to join me.

Past questions have included (this is just off the top of my head):

Which former Braves reliever was nicknames "Senior Smoke"?

Which Div 1 Basketball team is the only team to win a championship and then suspend there program for about a generation (ultimately to revive)?

Herschel Walker came in third and second in Heisman voting before ultimately winning it. Who were the three people to finish ahead of him?

1992, Game 7, Braves v. Pirates, Francisco at the bat: Who is pitching? Who is catching? Who has a puny arm in Left Field? Who is scoring ahead of Sid?

Who is the only #1 pick in Hawk's history?

Where did Tito Horford play college ball?

Who are the last 4 players to be all time NBA scoring champs?

among many other questions.

PM me if you are interested.

EarlJam
12-11-2007, 02:38 PM
for any Atlantans, I am returning to Atlanta after exams next week. If anyone is familiar with Frankies, they have sports trivia thursday nights @ 8. I will be playing if anyone would care to join me.

Which Div 1 Basketball team is the only team to win a championship and then suspend there program for about a generation (ultimately to revive)?

Herschel Walker came in third and second in Heisman voting before ultimately winning it. Who were the three people to finish ahead of him?

1992, Game 7, Braves v. Pirates, Francisco at the bat: Who is pitching? Who is catching? Who has a puny arm in Left Field? Who is scoring ahead of Sid?

Cool, thanks. I'm there - and doesn't Duke play Pittsburgh that night?

-EarlJam

Channing
12-11-2007, 02:39 PM

-EarlJam

they do - all the more reason to visit Frankies!

Shammrog
12-11-2007, 03:06 PM
they do - all the more reason to visit Frankies!

Shammrog will try to be there, too. I work about 2 minutes from there - King & Queen buildings...

Lavabe
12-11-2007, 03:24 PM

-EarlJam

They also have Sweetwater 420 on tap, and free wifi (have iPodTouch will travel).

Cheers,
Lavabe

dkbaseball
12-11-2007, 11:44 PM

A few guesses on the questions off the top of my head.

Senor Smoke is Aurelio Lopez

Univ. of San Francisco was the suspended program.

George Rogers and Marcus Allen finished ahead of Herschel. Can't recall the third.

The puny arm in left for the Pirates has got to be Barry Bonds.

I'm thinking the hawks had the number one pick in '75, but lost David Thompson to the ABA.

Tito Horford played at Houston.

I'd definitely join you if I were an Atlantan.

Channing
12-12-2007, 09:34 AM
A few guesses on the questions off the top of my head.

Senor Smoke is Aurelio Lopez

Univ. of San Francisco was the suspended program.

George Rogers and Marcus Allen finished ahead of Herschel. Can't recall the third.

The puny arm in left for the Pirates has got to be Barry Bonds.

I'm thinking the hawks had the number one pick in '75, but lost David Thompson to the ABA.

Tito Horford played at Houston.

I'd definitely join you if I were an Atlantan.

close!

Senior Smoke = Juan Berenguere (sp?)
Tito Horford played at Miami
Stan Belinda was pitching, Bonds was in left, Mike Lavalier was catching, Dave Justice scored ahead of Sid.
Hawks = David Thompson
Suspended Program = San Fran
in 1980 George Rogers won the Heisman and Hugh Green finished behind him (highest modern finish for a defensive player).

tbyers11
12-12-2007, 10:15 AM
in 1980 George Rogers won the Heisman and Hugh Green finished behind him (highest modern finish for a defensive player).

Didn't Charles Woodson win the Heisman in 1998?

ugadevil
12-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Didn't Charles Woodson win the Heisman in 1998?

Maybe Woodson doesn't count because he played WR too?

Channing
12-12-2007, 10:39 AM
Maybe Woodson doesn't count because he played WR too?

and he also got a lot of credit for his work on special teams. You are right - Woodson did win it, i should clarify as saying the highest voted "solely" defensive player.

Spencer's Daddy
12-13-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm warning you--last time I played trivia at Frankie's it was with Jason Evans (and another Dukie) during the 2001 Maryland game when Boozer got hurt and we won a $50 bar tab. The sad part was we hadn't even run up $50...

Channing
12-18-2007, 07:44 AM
I hate to do this but I will not actually be able to make it to Frankies thursday night. Something has come up in New York and I am not leaving until Friday (I was originally scheduled to leave Wed). However, I do still fully intend to take in the Hawks and Cavs on the 9th of Jan with Wilson.

EarlJam
12-18-2007, 09:08 AM
I hate to do this but I will not actually be able to make it to Frankies thursday night. Something has come up in New York and I am not leaving until Friday (I was originally scheduled to leave Wed). However, I do still fully intend to take in the Hawks and Cavs on the 9th of Jan with Wilson.

Dang Nabbit!

Totally understand and look forward to the Hawks/Cavs on the 9th.

In the meantime, Shamm, Lavabe, Wilson, others...........LET'S STILL DO THIS!

Thoughts?

-EarlJam