PDA

View Full Version : Shelden Williams...WOW!

Acymetric
12-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Sheldon has logged 11 minutes, 6 for 6 from the field with a block and 7 rebounds! And the game is barely half over! These have to be career numbers for him.

juise
12-10-2007, 08:43 PM
I've been hoping he would earn some more time soon. Go Shelden! ;)

DukeDevilsBB
12-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Shelden :D

jipops
12-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Any way this board can throw out automated nasty-grams when player's names are mis-spelled. Not to be mean, but his is constant occurrence even for a guy who has his jersey hanging from the rafters.

I'm just brainstorming for a way to cure this epidemic.

SilkyJ
12-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Sheldon has logged 11 minutes, 6 for 6 from the field with a block and 7 rebounds! And the game is barely half over! These have to be career numbers for him.

they are not career numbers for him. not even close. he averaged 18-19mpg, scored 20+ in a game last year, and had at least one game with 15+ rebs.

The numbers are encouraging though as sheld showed improvement last year, but then was quickly supplanted by horford this year. Horford has only played 6 minutes so far this game, which leads me to believe he is injured.

Jason- you must be watching, whats the dilly-yo?

(p.s. can a mod PLEASE fix the spelling in the title. maybe I'm a loser but seeing that really annoys me)

Acymetric
12-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Aaaah!

Can't belive I spelled that wong...

Did he do that well last year? For some reason I don't remember him having a particularly successful rookie year either...my memory must just be off...probably should look things like that up (along with how to spell his name...I'm kicking myself). Still, this year has been far from sucessful for him, so this is nice.

OZZIE4DUKE
12-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Any way this board can throw out automated nasty-grams when player's names are mis-spelled. Not to be mean, but his is constant occurrence even for a guy who has his jersey hanging from the rafters.

I'm just brainstorming for a way to cure this epidemic.

When Shelden was at Duke on his recruiting visit, I believe it was during a pre-season charity exhibition game, one of my friends (and a former poster here) had a sign renaming Cameron "Shel's DEN, obviously trying to encourage Shelden to make Cameron his future home. Note it was den and not don. That's an easy way to remember how to spell Shelden.

wilson
12-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Good for him! As an Atlanta native and current resident, let me say that I'm happy to hear this and I can't wait for his DNP/coach's decision in the next game.

TampaDuke
12-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Good for him! As an Atlanta native and current resident, let me say that I'm happy to hear this and I can't wait for his DNP/coach's decision in the next game.

You don't have to wait for the next game. I didn't get to see the game, but according to the game tracker, after Shelden's scoring 12 of Atlanta's 16 points at one time during his 11 minute stretch, he did not get back into the game at all (including sitting the whole second half). So much for going with the hot hand!

EarlJam
12-10-2007, 10:16 PM
You don't have to wait for the next game. I didn't get to see the game, but according to the game tracker, after Shelden's scoring 12 of Atlanta's 16 points at one time during his 11 minute stretch, he did not get back into the game at all (including sitting the whole second half). So much for going with the hot hand!

Yeah, really. I read the initial post then immediately went to foxsports.com to check out the final stats. Looks like Shelden was benched after the 6-6 effort. Bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmer.

Oh well. Big improvement. Baby steps.

-EarlJam

wilson
12-10-2007, 10:26 PM
According to the AJC, Shelden came out of a second-quarter collision with/mugging from Jameer Nelson with a gimpy elbow:
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/shared-gen/ap/Basketball_Game_Stories/BKN_Hawks_Magic.html
Dismaying that he seems to have suffered injury on a questionable play, but encouraging that he didn't just get mystifyingly benched (though we'd never put it past Mike Woodson...). Here's hoping it was precautionary.
On a lighter note, don't looke now, but my mighty Atlanta Hawks have now won 3 in a row, evening their record at 10-10, and they currently stand in the seventh slot in the East! What's more, if the playoffs started today, the Hawks would take on the Magic in the first round...the same Magic they beat by double digits tonight.
I can't wait for NBA Finals games in Philips Arena.

TampaDuke
12-10-2007, 10:40 PM
According to the AJC, Shelden came out of a second-quarter collision with/mugging from Jameer Nelson with a gimpy elbow:
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/shared-gen/ap/Basketball_Game_Stories/BKN_Hawks_Magic.html
Dismaying that he seems to have suffered injury on a questionable play, but encouraging that he didn't just get mystifyingly benched (though we'd never put it past Mike Woodson...). Here's hoping it was precautionary.

Let's hope it's nothing serious and Shelden gets a little more playing time to continue to help the hawks improve.

SilkyJ
12-11-2007, 03:08 AM

potd

On a lighter note, don't looke now, but my mighty Atlanta Hawks have now won 3 in a row, evening their record at 10-10, and they currently stand in the seventh slot in the East! What's more, if the playoffs started today, the Hawks would take on the Magic in the first round...the same Magic they beat by double digits tonight.
I can't wait for NBA Finals games in Philips Arena.

don't know the #'s but sportscenter made a point of showing something like 6 consecutive missed 3s by the magic and yet no sign of jj...

lazee
12-11-2007, 11:31 AM
don't know the #'s but sportscenter made a point of showing something like 6 consecutive missed 3s by the magic and yet no sign of jj...

His coach shortened his rotation (8-9) as of last night's game so that his players can get consistent minutes. Being that JJ's D is not up-to-par as Bogans, Evans & Dooling, he is the odd man out of the rotation. They sure could have used his shooting (they missed 20 threes [11-31] and 12 free throws). In fact, their last 2 losses, they've been shooting a bad percentage from behind the arc.