PDA

View Full Version : Best place to watch Duke game in Honolulu

chi
12-08-2007, 05:14 AM
Hi all:

I just moved to Honolulu. Where are some good places to watch Duke games? Thanks. I emailed the person in charge of Duke Alumni Club sometime ago, but never heard back from her.

Chi

MarkD83
12-08-2007, 09:27 AM
If it were me I would take my laptop to the beach and read the in game commentary on DBR :)

OZZIE4DUKE
12-08-2007, 09:29 AM
Answer: Anywhere!

Lavabe
12-08-2007, 11:05 AM
If it were me I would take my laptop to the beach and read the in game commentary on DBR :)

Both the in-game thread AND the chat... Deslok has posted the chat link.

How many people will BillyBreen toss out of the bar today?;)

Cheers,
Lavabe

P.S. Yeah, it's no longer a haka. ;>)

captmojo
12-08-2007, 11:17 AM

This is quite correct. I had the unfortunate experience of watching Duke lose to the holes at a joint near Aloha Stadium back in '01. Of the dozen or so of us there in this so-called "sports bar", I was alone in my support for the Devils. It was so bad, I was somewhat ignored in drink orders.:eek: Even the 'tender was against me. They were throwing taunts my way going out the door.

I left with my head held high and the coolest part was I had the last laugh about it when April arrived.:) In hindsight I have to say, these guys really didn't care. They were only looking to be antagonistic. They really didn't have a dog in the fight. (only a reference):D

chi
12-08-2007, 04:32 PM
This is quite correct. I had the unfortunate experience of watching Duke lose to the holes at a joint near Aloha Stadium back in '01. Of the dozen or so of us there in this so-called "sports bar", I was alone in my support for the Devils. It was so bad, I was somewhat ignored in drink orders.:eek: Even the 'tender was against me. They were throwing taunts my way going out the door.

I left with my head held high and the coolest part was I had the last laugh about it when April arrived.:) In hindsight I have to say, these guys really didn't care. They were only looking to be antagonistic. They really didn't have a dog in the fight. (only a reference):D

That is true. It is hard to imagine a state so far away has such a strong support for the Heels.

Thanks all. I guess my best bet is to keep digging on the Duke Alumni Club side ...

Let's go Devils!!!