PDA

View Full Version : Rooting for underdogs

drion97
03-10-2007, 11:21 AM
In some ways, when teams like Butler and Xavier do not win their tournies, I'm bummed because it might cost the ACC a 6th or 7th or 8th team in the field. But seeing as we're a likely 6th-8th seed, I say the more random teams in the bottom of the bracket, the better.

As they get in they push the weaker conference at large teams into better seeds, and into something like 10 who we might be playing. Talk George Mason all you want, but I'd still rather play a Butler or Missouri State than an up and down Kentucky or Illinois.

Thoughts?

Ps: I also think if we'd had Memphis's schedule this year we'd be a 2 seed, but what would be the fun in that?

dukie8
03-10-2007, 12:06 PM
In some ways, when teams like Butler and Xavier do not win their tournies, I'm bummed because it might cost the ACC a 6th or 7th or 8th team in the field. But seeing as we're a likely 6th-8th seed, I say the more random teams in the bottom of the bracket, the better.

As they get in they push the weaker conference at large teams into better seeds, and into something like 10 who we might be playing. Talk George Mason all you want, but I'd still rather play a Butler or Missouri State than an up and down Kentucky or Illinois.

Thoughts?

Ps: I also think if we'd had Memphis's schedule this year we'd be a 2 seed, but what would be the fun in that?

when nevada, butler and xavier don't win their tournaments, the auto winner from those conferences don't move the bubble bcs schools up to 10 seeds -- they move them out of the tournament.