PDA

View Full Version : Leather Gloves

Rich
12-06-2007, 05:03 PM
I need new gloves and would like to buy nice leather ones. I work in NY and commute from NJ so these gloves would primarily be worn back and forth to work, not for shoveling or playing outside with my kids in the snow. I have real winter gloves for that. The leather gloves I have now are worn out, but I bought them 10 years ago so I am definitely looking for something that will last.

I saw two pair from Italy, one with a cashmere lining and the second with rabbit fur. The second pair were more expensive, but both are well under $100. Any thoughts on which will keep me warmer and/or last longer? I don't have any experience with rabbit fur and am concerned they won't last as long, but they sure felt comfy!

Channing
12-06-2007, 08:20 PM
i bought a pair last year at Joseph A. Bank which have been superb. They are thinsulate brand.

http://www.josbank.com/IWProductSearch.process?var=stemming&stemming=true&var=num_rows&num_rows=10&var=query.message&error_query=Go+back+and+enter+some+words+to+search +for.&prod_attrib=5&Merchant_Id=1&Catalog_Id=&RestartFlow=t&query=gloves&Search.x=0&Search.y=0

Here is their whole selection - all pretty reasonably priced. For sizing, whatever size golf glove you are seems to be the size you will be in these.

dukepsy1963
12-07-2007, 12:47 AM
WalMart or Target gloves work just fine.. But hey, you say you are in N.Y.?
No matter, I don't think anyone would be the wiser? Use the extra cash for something else...eh what?.............

dukemomLA
12-07-2007, 05:23 AM
Check out Paul Stewart men's clothing store. (...and some women's also now).

Amazing. Not the cheapest, but often the best. GREAT men's shirts, etc. And the most amazing leather gloves. Let me know if you find something there. I'd be curious.

allenmurray
12-07-2007, 06:36 AM
you should buy some that don't quite fit, you know, just in case . . .

OZZIE4DUKE
12-07-2007, 08:37 AM
you should buy some that don't quite fit, you know, just in case . . .

It took a few seconds for the OJ Simpson reference to come through. Very funny for a Friday morning!