PDA

View Full Version : Is journeyman really gone?

Bluedawg
12-03-2007, 03:32 PM
NBC is airing Life tonight at JM's spot. Someone please tell me its due to the writer's strike and JM will return.

Stray Gator
12-03-2007, 04:13 PM
According to the website, the next episode will air on December 10th.

Jarhead
12-03-2007, 04:14 PM
As I recall, when Journeyman ended last time the previews were for two weeks hence. It will be shown at 10:00 pm on NBC (WNCN in the Triangle). That will be the last episode for awhile. There is no word yet on its future, but NBC may pick it up for a few new episodes.

JasonEvans
12-03-2007, 04:45 PM
It is not gone... yet.

The move to air Life after the Heroes "finale" tonight had been planned by NBC for a couple weeks at least. I think NBC wants to see how Life does at keeping the Heroes audience. The ratings for Life are a lot better than Journeyman.

Speaking of Ratings though, last week's excellent episode (the conclusion of the story about the child kidnapper who seeks revenge on Dan) drew in 6.2 million viewers, the best number for Journeyman in 5 episodes. There are 3 more episodes "in the can" that will air on Dec 10 (next Monday), Dec 17 (the following Monday) and then Dec 19 (2 weeks from Wednesday). If the show can continue to get the same numbers or maybe even grow a little bit more then I think it may have a future.

The Dec 19th episode will be the 13th and will end NBC's commitment to the show. NBC did ask for 3 additional scripts before the strike stopped things in their tracks, which is a somewhat good sign. Still, NBC recently committed to full seasons of Life and Chuck despite the writer's strike. Even though no one is working the networks still want to be able to ramp back up quickly the moment a strike is resolved (and I suspect that writers are writing scripts that will be used when the strike is over). It speaks to NBC's feelings about Journeyman that the show has not been given a similar commitment.

-Jason "I worry a bit that the strike may overshadow the cancellation of Journeyman, if that happens, and keep there from being a fan campaign to keep Journeyman alive" Evans

xenic
12-03-2007, 09:14 PM
It is not gone... yet.

The move to air Life after the Heroes "finale" tonight had been planned by NBC for a couple weeks at least. I think NBC wants to see how Life does at keeping the Heroes audience. The ratings for Life are a lot better than Journeyman.

Speaking of Ratings though, last week's excellent episode (the conclusion of the story about the child kidnapper who seeks revenge on Dan) drew in 6.2 million viewers, the best number for Journeyman in 5 episodes. There are 3 more episodes "in the can" that will air on Dec 10 (next Monday), Dec 17 (the following Monday) and then Dec 19 (2 weeks from Wednesday). If the show can continue to get the same numbers or maybe even grow a little bit more then I think it may have a future.

The Dec 19th episode will be the 13th and will end NBC's commitment to the show. NBC did ask for 3 additional scripts before the strike stopped things in their tracks, which is a somewhat good sign. Still, NBC recently committed to full seasons of Life and Chuck despite the writer's strike. Even though no one is working the networks still want to be able to ramp back up quickly the moment a strike is resolved (and I suspect that writers are writing scripts that will be used when the strike is over). It speaks to NBC's feelings about Journeyman that the show has not been given a similar commitment.

-Jason "I worry a bit that the strike may overshadow the cancellation of Journeyman, if that happens, and keep there from being a fan campaign to keep Journeyman alive" Evans
I caught up on the last 5 episodes of Journeyman yesterday. It is better than it was at the beginning, but it still leaves a lot to be desired.

OZZIE4DUKE
12-03-2007, 11:14 PM
I watched Life tonight after Heroes, and I really liked it. Loved the philosophical physics. But I like Journeyman too, and hope it finds a place in the continuing schedule.

Tonight's Heroes was pretty good too. I love how Hiro resolved the Kensei dilemma!

Bluedawg
12-04-2007, 11:25 PM
It is not gone... yet.

If given time, I think a diehard audience will come...some shows just take longer, and in today's market "longer" is not a term that is used often.

billybreen
12-12-2007, 12:28 AM
If given time, I think a diehard audience will come...some shows just take longer, and in today's market "longer" is not a term that is used often.

Just watched last night's episode. I really like this show. I hope that isn't the last we see of it.

Update: Nevermind, new one next week. Should have read Jason's post.

JasonEvans
12-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Just watched last night's episode. I really like this show. I hope that isn't the last we see of it.

Update: Nevermind, new one next week. Should have read Jason's post.

Actually, 2 new ones next week. Monday and then the final episode on Wednesday.

Yes, I said Final Episode.

NBC had until Dec 11th to pick up the show. Usually a network says "yes" or "no" to picking up a series but in this case NBC just let the option expire, which is the same as saying "no." The final 2 episodes air next week and then the show is gone...

...unless some other network decides to pick it up, which is doubtful. Monday's episode had the lowest ratings yet in terms of the 18-49 demo. I suppose it is still possible that NBC or someone else could change their mind about the show, but the ratings just do not seem to justify it.

Ahh well, it was only my favorite drama on TV right now. Grrrrrrr.

--Jason "for those of you who did not watch it, you missed soemthing really good" Evans

billybreen
12-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Actually, 2 new ones next week. Monday and then the final episode on Wednesday.

Yes, I said Final Episode.

That's it. I'm not watching shows until they are on at least their second season from now on.

I hate everything.

JasonEvans
12-12-2007, 01:49 PM
That's it. I'm not watching shows until they are on at least their second season from now on.

I hate everything.

Well, in fairness, I feel like Journeyman resolved a lot of stuff in the 2-parter l2 weeks ago. As I said at the time, that could have been a series finale and I woulda bought it. Saving the newspaper this past week was nice too.

The final 2 episodes next week are another 2-parter so the series may come to a somewhat satisfying conclusion.

Ahhh, who am I fooling, this sucks!!!

--Jason "what is the Journeyman equivillant of nuts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho_tv#Cancellation_and_return)?" Evans

billybreen
12-12-2007, 01:52 PM
--Jason "what is the Journeyman equivillant of nuts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho_tv#Cancellation_and_return)?" Evans

iPhones. We should mail NBC thousands of iPhones.

(Note: BillyBreen is not an Apple shareholder, but he may be if this idea gains traction.)

Cavlaw
12-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Send them lots of sand.

DevilAlumna
12-12-2007, 04:04 PM

Old, Brick-like cell phones?

Fake $20 bills?

Yellow-floral aprons?

Sucko. I really loved this show. I like how they were starting to go into the life of the former fiance. I love how the wife was a complex character, but ultimately a good chica. I wish they'd done more exploring of the 'science' of the time travel, but maybe more of that will come out in the next two, final <sigh> episodes.

acdevil
12-12-2007, 05:25 PM
http://savejourneyman.net/campaign/

Looks like people are starting a campaign to send in Rice a Roni

JasonEvans
12-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Apparently the final two episodes will explain Dan's time travel ability and reall wrap things up. The producer of the show knew the show would likely get the axe so he is making the final episodes into a satisfying conclusion.

In some ways this makes me happy, in others it makes me oh-so-sad. Ahh well.

--Jason "here is the EntWeekly article (http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2007/12/journeyman-spoi.html) about the final episodes" Evans

JasonEvans
12-12-2007, 09:31 PM
http://savejourneyman.funurl.com/

This website is also part of the Rice-a-roni mailing campaign. They say one reason they picked Rice-a-roni is that NBC can easily donate it to charity, which is a nice touch.

The website is also taking paypal donations, which makes it easy to contribute to the Rice-a-roni campaign. They are capping donations at $10.

--Jason "nice idea, but I am skeptical it will work" Evans

acdevil
12-13-2007, 09:42 AM
I'm skeptical that it will work as well, but then again, I didn't think Jericho would be saved by the fans either.

YmoBeThere
12-13-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm skeptical that it will work as well, but then again, I didn't think Jericho would be saved by the fans either.

I thought the walls were going to save Jericho. They failed...