PDA

View Full Version : Josh McRoberts in the box scores

speedevil
12-03-2007, 12:05 AM
get got 1 rebound and 1 personal foul with 0 shot attemps in 4 minutes of action today.

crote
12-03-2007, 12:30 AM
JJ goes 3-5 (0-1 on threes, 2-2 from the line) tonight in 11 minutes as the Magic beat the Lakers. Also got a steal, two fouls, and no turn overs.

Looks like he's found a place in the rotation, finally, and is making the most of his minutes. Over the last three games, he's played 17, 13, and 11 minutes and scored 11, 8, and 8 points, respectively, on 10-15 shooting (4-6 on threes). Only one turnover during that entire span, too.

jzp5079
12-03-2007, 12:33 AM
JJ goes 3-5 (0-1 on threes, 2-2 from the line) tonight in 11 minutes as the Magic beat the Lakers. Also got a steal, two fouls, and no turn overs.

Looks like he's found a place in the rotation, finally, and is making the most of his minutes. Over the last three games, he's played 17, 13, and 11 minutes and scored 11, 8, and 8 points, respectively, on 10-15 shooting (4-6 on threes). Only one turnover during that entire span, too.

Well, he just got back from being injured, so its a little early to say if he has solidified a spot in the rotation, but his input in the last 3 games with limited minutes has been impressive.

The owner wants him to play ,however, so the minutes are there for him to lose, granted he stays healthy.

_Gary
12-03-2007, 09:11 AM
Well, it's exactly what we talked about earlier with JJ. The only way he was going to get an opportunity was for either a trade to happen to a wing, or wing-type player AND/OR for a guy in front of him to be injured (or in this case get the flu). Once he got on the court and at least didn't have the pressure of having to perform immediately or get pulled because there were other guys behind him, he did fine.

Unfortunately Dooling didn't stay sick for long (boy that sounds bad, but I didn't mean it that way) and I expect JJ will continue to only see around 10 minutes a game. It'd be great if that time could double, but I just don't see that happening unless an injury or another trade takes place that moves someone like Dooling or Bogans (neither or which are very likely, IMHO). I still believe there's a good chance we will see JJ packaged in a trade before the month is out, but I have nothing to base that on. I've heard of no substantial rumors that say he's gone. Just a gut feeling based on what we've seen recently, and some of the comments from JJ and his coach over the last couple of weeks.

Either way, I hope he can find his niche in the NBA. I believe he can succeed in the right spot.

Gary

sagegrouse
12-03-2007, 10:05 AM

Under the heading of "lies, damned lies, and statistics," let me offer the following extrapolation. In three games JJ has played 41 minutes and scored 27 points. If he played all those minutes per game, he could be in the top ten of the league.

sage grouse
'...The degradation and outright destruction of sagebrush areas has already greatly reduced the historic range of this big grouse, and continued habitat disturbance could result in this species' listing as a federally threatened or endangered species.....'

BigTedder
12-03-2007, 10:25 AM
I hate he left...I know he didnt get much love from a lot of people, I thought he was awesome...I bought his dang shirt (#2) and he left 2 weeks later...haha, maybe Smith with make it worth the money...If not I'll just paint in a 1 before it, or a 0 after it.

Cameron
12-03-2007, 07:51 PM
He should have jumped outta junior high. That's explosive.

77devil
12-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Yawn!

mike88
12-04-2007, 07:23 AM
JJ got 10 minutes last night and scored 3 points as the Magic beat the Warriors. While it has been great to see JJ get to play more lately, remember that the Magic have been without Carlos Arroyo for the last two games (he is home with a sick child). When he reurrns, there will be even fewer minutes. By the way, if you think Coach K plays a short bench, look at the minutes played by the Magic's starters last night - all played 40-44 minutes in a single overtime game.

I will be interested to see if the Magic make another trade. Given that they are playing as well as anyone in the league, you could argue that they should stand pat.