PDA

View Full Version : LSU - Tennessee

OZZIE4DUKE
12-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Watching this game reminds me of looking at a pan of my mother-in-law's cheese squash - all yellow, white and orange.

devildeac
12-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Watching this game reminds me of looking at a pan of my mother-in-law's cheese squash - all yellow, white and orange.

yeh, but does it sing 'rocky top' countless times and make you nauseated, too?

ugadevil
12-01-2007, 08:36 PM
and are there numerous coaching rumors that go along with the cheese squash?

calltheobvious
12-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Mark it down: this season, itself disappointing for LSU fans, is as good as it will ever be under Les Miles. Once LSU is finished beating Hawaii by 17 in the Sugar Bowl, this team will quickly become known as the biggest group of underachievers the SEC has seen in quite some time.

If Miles had gone to Michigan, the happiest guy in the country would have been Jim Tressel.

ugadevil
12-01-2007, 08:47 PM
If Miles had gone to Michigan, the happiest guy in the country would have been Jim Tressel.

I agree. Everyone seems to be fawning over Les Miles but I don't see what he's done. He's had arguably the most talented team in the SEC every year, but I believe this is the 1st SEC Title he's won. Now, he will have to win with his own players since none of Nick Saban's recruits will be around anymore. What did Miles do at Oklahoma State? Take a mediocre team and turn them into a decent team? Big deal. I've never seen a coach catch so many fortunate breaks in a season, and still not live up to the expectations. I'm glad Miles is staying at LSU because it still makes it an easy decision for me as to which SEC football coach I dislike the most, The Mad Hatter.

rockymtn devil
12-01-2007, 10:14 PM
I agree. Everyone seems to be fawning over Les Miles but I don't see what he's done. He's had arguably the most talented team in the SEC every year, but I believe this is the 1st SEC Title he's won. Now, he will have to win with his own players since none of Nick Saban's recruits will be around anymore. What did Miles do at Oklahoma State? Take a mediocre team and turn them into a decent team? Big deal. I've never seen a coach catch so many fortunate breaks in a season, and still not live up to the expectations. I'm glad Miles is staying at LSU because it still makes it an easy decision for me as to which SEC football coach I dislike the most, The Mad Hatter.

Michigan is lucking out if 2-Loss Les stays at LSU. Miles has gotten by on having talented teams and has never shown any ability as a great head coach. Tressel might be the best gameday coach in the country (putting aside the horrible gameplan he put together against the Gators) and he would turn Les Miles into Michigan's John Cooper (it's not fair to paint Carr with that brush). I would actually say that Miles has proven himself to be a bad college football coach. His teams always play down to the competition, a trait that reflects directly on his coaching abilities. Also, perhaps the Michigan brass should watch the tape of the 2004 Alamo Bowl in which Ohio State trashed Okie State 33-7.

willywoody
12-02-2007, 01:02 AM
i bet he goes to michigan, despite his outburst presser today.