PDA

View Full Version : soft spots

DukieInBrasil
11-30-2007, 01:06 PM
FTs - Paulus needs to get back to the comfortable stroke he displayed last year from the stripe. If LT can stay at his current % for the rest of the season, he'll be alright. D-Marc needs to get back to the comfortable rhythm he was in earlier. King needs to realize that the charity stripe is in fact closer than the 3pt line.
Rebs - We need more consistency from our frontcourt in the rebound department, largely b/c the O-boards are gonna be where lots of LT and Z's points come from. Other than that, the rebounding is fine.
Assist/Turnover ratio - the ratio has been adequate so far, however, we have played few teams withe quality backcourts we are likely to face often in the ACC. Smith started off alright but has logged several games now with a - a/to. Paulus also started off very strong in the a/to but has slipped back a bit lately. Scheyer, even though he's not a PG, also started off very well and has cooled a bit in this area. Nelson's 7/1 in the last game was a great turnaround for him and LT already has more assists this year than all of last year. These concerns could simply be the result of the grueling schedule we just went through.

Personally, I would like to see D-Marc take control of the scoring lead, simply b/c he's a Sr. I would like to see him lead the team in scoring, just for his pride. His role in the O has been about right I guess, but if he could start shooting a better %, then his scoring would go up quite a bit. I would also like to see more of Paulus like he was against UW, not that he needs to score 18 every night, but more efficiency on his part makes Duke much more dangerous. I got nothing but good vibes from Singler, I can't really think of anything he needs to improve. I also like what Henderson and Scheyer have brought to the table so far. I was super pleased with LT's play up until UW, if he can replicate those earlier performances his season will be a ++. Pretty much the same thing for Z. I'd like to see Dave McClure get back to playing more minutes, I really hope he gets to a full recovery during the season. As for the other players, more PT is the only thing they need.