PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed.....

trinity92
11-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Dick Vitale has taken to calling Wayne Ellington "The Duke" as a nod to Duke Ellington's nickname. My apologies if this has already been discussed, but I looked around a bit before posting and didn't see anything.

It was a GAS to hear Dickie screaming DUKE!!!!! whenever Wayne did something impressive in the recent Ohio State game. Must really stick in those tarholes' throats.

If Dickie must go by that Dukie V moniker, at least he's earning it well. I am incredibly tickled by this development.:p

OldPhiKap
11-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Dick Vitale has taken to calling Wayne Ellington "The Duke" as a nod to Duke Ellington's nickname. My apologies if this has already been discussed, but I looked around a bit before posting and didn't see anything.

It was a GAS to hear Dickie screaming DUKE!!!!! whenever Wayne did something impressive in the recent Ohio State game. Must really stick in those tarholes' throats.

If Dickie must go by that Dukie V moniker, at least he's earning it well. I am incredibly tickled by this development.:p

^ I foresee some Rams Clubbers choking on their wine and cheese.

Good catch, I hadn't noticed that yet.

SilkyJ
11-30-2007, 12:11 PM
^ I foresee some Rams Clubbers choking on their wine and cheese.

Good catch, I hadn't noticed that yet.

yea i noticed that in the OSU game. very funny. also noticed that ellington changed his number to 22, i guess he wes miller had the # he wanted all along...which is funny cause its wes miller and the duke should have been able to smoothly convince him to give it up

LetItBD08
11-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Yeah I noticed that too. I tried to put myself in a Carolina fan's shoes and imagine how irritating that would be to hear, but I couldn't (I guess I can never go down that path - even in hypothetical situations).

ArtVandelay
11-30-2007, 01:16 PM
The folks over at Inside Carolina are indeed none too pleased. I can't say I blame them. Especially since they hate Dickie V in the first place. Who doesn't these days, honestly? He more than anything else is the source of the perceived "pro-Duke" bias faction at ESPN.

Bostondevil
11-30-2007, 03:30 PM
I heard it too and thought, what an unfortunate nickname for a Carolina player. That and the football coach wanting to get darker 'more manly' blue jerseys are reasons to get up in the morning.

weezie
11-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Wonder if the Crazies will incorporate a riff on "the Duke" into their bag of tricks?