PDA

View Full Version : Bill Brill

jimsumner
11-28-2007, 09:45 AM
I want to make sure that everyone knows that the Duke Media room was renamed for Bill Brill in a ceremony before last night's game. A well-deserved honor. Bill is a certifiable legend in his field.

jjasper0729
11-28-2007, 09:48 AM
Here Here!

snowdenscold
11-28-2007, 09:52 AM
I want to make sure that everyone knows that the Duke Media room was renamed for Bill Brill in a ceremony before last night's game. A well-deserved honor. Bill is a certifiable legend in his field.

Yup, they had a camera on him for 5 seconds or so while the announcers talked about it - pretty neat stuff. DickieV had his obligatory gushing about Bill for a couple minutes of gametime - but I can tolerate that a lot more than some of his other digressions.

blazindw
11-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Yup, they had a camera on him for 5 seconds or so while the announcers talked about it - pretty neat stuff. DickieV had his obligatory gushing about Bill for a couple minutes of gametime - but I can tolerate that a lot more than some of his other digressions.

Agreed. He's been great throughout his career, and kudos to Duke for recognizing his achievements and his commitment to excellence.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Congratulations to Bill for an honor well deserved. And thanks to Jim Sumner for alerting us about it.

Mike Corey
11-28-2007, 10:23 AM
Congratulations to Bill Brill! What a long and illustrious career he has had in sports journalism.

I had the great honor of sitting beside him during the best Duke-UNC game these eyes have ever witnessed, when Chris Duhon made a reverse-layup to beat UNC in the waning moments. It was a pleasure to chat with a legend throughout that game, and to savor the victory alongside him.

Congrats again to Bill Brill. And something tells me that we'll be offering similar congratulations to Jim Sumner in the future, as well.

watzone
11-28-2007, 10:56 AM
Congrats Bill! It's been a pleasure to sit with you during all the FB press conferences this season.

FWIW, I sat down with Bill and have an informative and long interview that will be up in the coming days. He had a lot to say about Duke and you will get an idea of where it all started for him.

Duvall
12-01-2007, 05:29 PM
<deleted>

And *this* is why ACC fans can no longer complain about SEC sleaze.

wumhenry
12-01-2007, 05:48 PM
Here Here!

To which I add: hear, hear!;)

jjasper0729
12-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Congrats Bill! It's been a pleasure to sit with you during all the FB press conferences this season.

FWIW, I sat down with Bill and have an informative and long interview that will be up in the coming days. He had a lot to say about Duke and you will get an idea of where it all started for him.

do let us know when that will be up for reading :)