PDA

View Full Version : Duke Women vs UCON's

Indoor66
11-25-2007, 12:49 PM
I found a listing for this game on Fax Sports - Pacific - at 8:30 PM. It is on Comcast Channel 725 in South Florida.

Ima Facultiwyfe
11-25-2007, 07:05 PM
I thought the UConn game was on Fox this evening. Have I missed it? What time? Help!

Love, Ima

Indoor66
11-25-2007, 07:09 PM
I thought the UConn game was on Fox this evening. Have I missed it? What time? Help!

Love, Ima

See the "Duke Women vs Ucon thread

captmojo
11-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Time Warner's guide lists football from 7pm to 10pm on FCS Pacific, however right now they're replaying UConn and ODU women's game. Iguess it's possible they will put our women on.

throatybeard
11-25-2007, 08:59 PM
We're down 23-10 early.

throatybeard
11-25-2007, 10:10 PM
They are making us look silly. 58-35 with eight to go. :(

Duvall
11-25-2007, 10:13 PM
They are making us look silly. 58-35 with eight to go. :(

Duke looks like a team in search of an identity on offense and defense - which they are.

This game means nothing. Well, aside from the fact that UConn is good, but we already knew that.

Jim3k
11-25-2007, 11:04 PM
The team only shot 37% from the floor and 5 of 14 FTs. UConn shot 20 of 24 from the FT line, for 80%.

Duke, IMO seemed disorganized on both ends of the court. Shot selection wasn't very good and there was a lot of forced stuff. Moreover, they were slow at pulling the trigger, getting shots blocked by fronting defenses. Abby was certainly off her offensive game tonight, though Emily showed some spark at the point.

Black was haunted by former Blue Devil Brittany Hunter and although she was Duke's leading scorer, I felt she was a little out of sync. That was certainly true for both Thomases. Krystal was 0-2 and Jasmine 1-8. Their Thomas came off as a bit of a hero for taking 5 or 6 offensive fouls. Frankly I don't know why so many went her way, but it may be that the Duke chargers were simply running into her. If that's so, then some coaching needs to be done.

And, it is likely that Wanisha Smith's broken finger has hurt the team more than we knew. She was essentially playing one-handed out there. That simply can't be good. I was fairly unimpressed with Mitch at the point; she's a wing and needs to be there. She's tall, but not the ball handler that others are.

I do think there's some potential with Bridgette Mitchell. She needs to look for her shot more. If she does, good things will happen.

McCallie's match-up zone so far did not impress me much. The team played with more energy in man, though they were not rotating well and the UConn posts seemed to be able to score at will under the bucket. Maybe the zone needs more work, but right now neither defense is very impressive.

Here is the ESPN box (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/boxscore?gameId=273290041) which was the only one up I could find. It doesn't show minutes played, steals or turnovers.

godukecom
11-25-2007, 11:20 PM
the team was just so uninterested compared to connecticut...
next play ladies. move on

Duvall
11-25-2007, 11:32 PM
the team was just so uninterested compared to connecticut...

Odd. I thought Duke had plenty of energy, just no flow or execution.

Patrick Yates
11-26-2007, 12:31 AM
I hate to say it, but it seems like there is a monsterous separation between Uconn and UT, and the rest of the field. I liken it back to 99, when Duke and UCONN were clearly superior to every other team in the nation.

I am not saying that UT and UCONN can't be beat. I am sure they will drop a few. But, the only way to beat them will be if those top teams help beat themselves, ie bad shooting, hungover, whatever.

The one thing that is a salve to my soul is that Maryland and UNC are mere speed bumps on the road to UT-UCONN for the NC, just like every body else.

These teams are absolute powerhouses, and they will show why this year.

Duke is in rebuilding. Next year, Duke will once again resume its slot as a serious title contender.

Patrick Yates

Bluedawg
11-26-2007, 09:11 AM
I hate to see them lose but it will help them in the long run. You learn more about where you need to go from a loss than from a win.