PDA

View Full Version : Dan Weiderer Article

cspan37421
11-25-2007, 10:45 AM
A good read. It is yet early but I am encouraged not only by the performance of the team, but also by the energy level shown (players and coaches) and the high level of camaraderie that seemed to be missing last year. I have to admit, I worried that coaching Team USA would be a distraction for Coach K which would eventually show in the team's performance.

On the contrary, I am very enthused to hear how rejuvenated he feels and how cross-pollinating ideas with Boeheim and D'Antoni, he is developing new weapons for the Blue Devils as well. It seems we have a great group of kids who are willing to defer or step up as needed, without regard to their # years as Blue Devils or the hype surrounding their recruitment. Being unselfish doesn't mean you pass on the shot when you are open.

This team can go far. Whether they do or not, it will be fun to watch. Much will depend on the leadership of our current juniors and seniors as they help manage the underclassmen's talents and continue to develop.

If the current Fr/So classes stick together and stay healthy, I think they will dominate college basketball by the time they're juniors and seniors.