PDA

View Full Version : Watching the EKU Game in DC/NoVA

Ignatius07
11-24-2007, 10:17 AM
I see that the game tomorrow against Eastern Kentucky is on FSNS (Fox Sports Net South, I believe), a channel that Cox cable in Northern Virginia does not provide. What are good sports bars for Duke fans in the DC/Northern Virginia area that would have this channel?

SharkD
11-24-2007, 12:08 PM
Champps in Arlington Row might carry it -- they always seemed to have a lot of obscure sports channels.

I kept looking for the Duke hangout for the 10 years I was in DC, but was never successful in finding it.

SilkyJ
11-24-2007, 12:11 PM
Champps in Arlington Row might carry it -- they always seemed to have a lot of obscure sports channels.

I kept looking for the Duke hangout for the 10 years I was in DC, but was never successful in finding it.

Its this bar in crystal city. i've been there before, but i can't remember the name. Go to the Duke Alumni page, find the DC/NoVA page, and email the chapter prez. they will know.

snowdenscold
11-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Its this bar in crystal city. i've been there before, but i can't remember the name. Go to the Duke Alumni page, find the DC/NoVA page, and email the chapter prez. they will know.

Stars & Stripes, right? Corner of Fern and 23rd, I believe.

fuquaforlife
11-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Summers in Courthouse (Arlington) will definitely have it. That's where I always go for the obscure channels. However, no Duke crowd. Crystal City Sports pub would also probably have it, but also is a Carolina Bar. Stars and Strips has had games too -- but again no Duke Crowd. the Grand Slam in the Hyatt in DC used to be the traditional place years ago -- dunno anymore.

Bluedog
11-25-2007, 09:44 PM
Stars & Stripes, right? Corner of Fern and 23rd, I believe.

I believe it's changing this year to Buffalo Billiards in Dupont Circle. That is where people got together for the ND game and apparently it's going to be the location for hoops watching too.

snowdenscold
11-25-2007, 11:03 PM
I believe it's changing this year to Buffalo Billiards in Dupont Circle. That is where people got together for the ND game and apparently it's going to be the location for hoops watching too.

Hmmm, well that's much more of a pain to get to. Metro, here I come!

blazindw
11-25-2007, 11:41 PM

Buffalo Billiards will be the hoops watch location for games this year. There will not be official watch parties for every game, but the bar will play every game, and on any given night, there will be Dukies there watching. Stay tuned to the DCW (Duke Club of Washington) webpage for more info.