PDA

View Full Version : Duke MBB vs. EKU Pre-Game & In-Game Thread

Bob Green
11-23-2007, 10:58 PM
The Eastern Kentucky Colonels visit CIS on Sunday afternoon. Tip-off is scheduled for 1 PM. EKU is currently 2-2.

http://www.richmondregister.com/localsports/local_story_325131234.html

Place your pre-game and in-game comments here.

Lulu
11-24-2007, 07:35 AM
Does anyone outside the coverage area of FSNS have televised access to this game? For Comcast in my area, it's not televised on any station, no matter what you're willing to pay or what packages you have.

Is this game available to those with DirecTV? Dishnetwork? AT&T? Uverse? Etc? I'm very curious who is able to get the game and who offers it.

Karl Beem
11-24-2007, 10:23 AM
In the south, FSNS is FSN. The game is on FSN in Atlanta/Comcast.

arbee
11-24-2007, 10:39 AM
In New England, the game is being shown on New England Sports Network (NESN).

bradjenk
11-24-2007, 10:44 AM
Sounds like a team that relies on the 3. We usually love to take that away causing them to play uncomfortably. But it sounds like the whole team will fire when open so it will be a good test for the Duke "Team Defense".

diesel
11-24-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm in Arlington Virginia and just like previous years have had to pay Direct TV the extra $12 per month to get FSN through their Sports Package

Olympic Fan
11-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Three starters back off a team that finished 21-12 last season. They finished second in the Ohio Valley Conference regular season race, then edged Austin Peay in the tournament title game to earn an NCAA bid.

They're picked third in the OVC preseason this year. It should be pointed out that unlike the Atlantic Sun or the MVC, the OVC has not looked very good this season. Georgia Tech bounced back from its opening loss to UNC Greensboro by traveling to Tennessee State (preseason fifth in the league) and winning handily. NCCU, which opened Division 1 play with five straight lopsided losses, got its first win at home against Tennessee Tech (picked sixth in the league).

I'd say EKU is better than NCCU, but not as good as New Mexico State. Anything could happen, but this should be a game that Duke wins comfortably.

PS Is EKU coach Jeff Neubauer any relation to Duke's Towel Guy?

MChambers
11-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Sounds like a team that relies on the 3. We usually love to take that away causing them to play uncomfortably. But it sounds like the whole team will fire when open so it will be a good test for the Duke "Team Defense".

Second in the nation in the percentage of 3 point shots taken. Unfortunately, only making 27%. Even more unfortunately, 286th in offensive efficiency and 268 in defensive efficiency. (Or should those be deficiencies?)

Rarely gets to the line, but gives up a lot of free throws.

http://kenpom.com/sr.php?team=Eastern%20Kentucky&y=2008

dukestheheat
11-24-2007, 11:32 AM
MChambers-

and, add in that unfortunately, they are playing DUKE, which can defend pretty well this year and will make life tough for them when it comes to the three ball.

also, everybody, this type of game is a good game for K to get all the Duke guys into the game and work on minutes, rotations, rotation experiments, etc., etc.., so stay tuned!

GO DUKE! I am having so much fun watching these guys this year already and I'm still giddy after our Maui 'ship.

dth.

captmojo
11-24-2007, 11:33 AM
Second in the nation in the percentage of 3 point shots taken. Unfortunately, only making 27%. Even more unfortunately, 286th in offensive efficiency and 268 in defensive efficiency. (Or should those be deficiencies?)

...Or should that be fortunately?

throatybeard
11-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Something that has always weirded me out is that EKU is basically in Central Kentucky.

Indoor66
11-24-2007, 01:44 PM
Something that has always weirded me out is that EKU is basically in Central Kentucky.

That is an issue that has caused me great consternation for may years. I lose sleep some nights, trubled by the misnomer. :) ;)

bradjenk
11-24-2007, 02:48 PM

Still not quite as bad as U of South Florida in Tampa.

astoria26
11-24-2007, 09:06 PM
I have Dish Network in the Chicago area, and I can't get it at all. :( Even if I buy the sports package, I think FSN is a regional thing and doesn't go to the midwest. Anyone else in the midwestern region have access through another provider?

Lulu
11-25-2007, 11:48 AM
Thanks to everyone who responded about their TV listings and the game. I won't be able to catch the game myself as Comcast in my area only gets 4 of the Fox sports channels, 3 are Fox College Sports stations and the local one itself isn't carrying the game. I hope DirecTV works for those of you who have it; I used to have it and every time a Duke game was on an out-of-area FSN channel it was blacked out... leaving me to wonder if all I was paying for was volleyball and women's basketball...

My new question, however, is whether anyone knows of site where you can listen to the Duke Radio Network online. I'm aware of Inside Access, but already canceled my subscription due to lack of foresight I guess. I've found a number of Duke Radio Network stations, but I have no idea which one, if any, might carry the game online. Thanks.

Lavabe
11-25-2007, 12:29 PM

Richmond, KY is still in the eastern 1/3 of the state. I'll give EKU the push, and consider it to be the East.

Now WESTERN Kentucky (in Bowling Green, KY) is clearly in Central KY.;)

What really bothers me is that Northwestern was NEVER in the Northwest.

Cheers,
Lavabe

snowdenscold
11-25-2007, 12:33 PM
R

What really bothers me is that Northwestern was NEVER in the Northwest.

Well, but it was named after the old Northwest Territory, so it kinda counts? I realize by the time they decided to name it that, we knew that area wasn't quite the NW of our country - but still, the full name of the Northwest Ordinance was: An Ordinance for the Government of the Territory of the United States, North-West of the River Ohio. So I'll give them a pass.

pbc2
11-25-2007, 01:02 PM
My new question, however, is whether anyone knows of site where you can listen to the Duke Radio Network online. I'm aware of Inside Access, but already canceled my subscription due to lack of foresight I guess. I've found a number of Duke Radio Network stations, but I have no idea which one, if any, might carry the game online. Thanks.

http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&KEY=TDQRGYBOPNLJYAG.20071124210311&SPID=1845&SPSID=22726

Lulu
11-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Thanks pbc2. If anyone is curious I also found it here: http://216.249.100.82:8080/wzky

but it was the only Duke radio network station that seems to have it online.

Jaymf7
11-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Thanks pbc2. If anyone is curious I also found it here: http://216.249.100.82:8080/wzky

but it was the only Duke radio network station that seems to have it online.

Thanks a bunch!

grossbus
11-25-2007, 01:36 PM
looks like king hot early. is anyone in a position to give us "withouts" any reportage???

delfrio
11-25-2007, 01:58 PM
Looks ugly, but King is winning.

LetItBD08
11-25-2007, 02:02 PM
Taylor is winning indeed. There were supposed to be a bunch of soldiers from Ft. Bragg in the student section (still Thanksgiving break). I can only listen to the game on radio. Is that noticeable? How are they doing?

jzp5079
11-25-2007, 02:13 PM
is Smith hurt?

Jaymf7
11-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Can anyone post tempo stats after the game (or direct me to them)? Despite the preseason emphasis on speeding up the game, it seems like we have been playing a more down-to-earth pace over the last few games. Is that a deliberate change in strategy/approach or just a temporary shift due to our opponents?

DavidBenAkiva
11-25-2007, 02:15 PM
Go, Taylor, Go!!!

Lord Ash
11-25-2007, 02:59 PM
I've heard via the phone that our half court offense looks pretty shabby. The d looks impressive tho. Pocious went down with an ankle injury that looked bad, but apparently he did not go back for x-rays. Paulus hasn't done much, Gerald had a quiet first half but got better in the second. Taylor King just blasted away and really hit a lot.

Then the phone gave out and I haven't heard more.

willywoody
11-25-2007, 03:05 PM
taylor king ends with 27 points, the most ever by any duke player coming off the bench.