PDA

View Full Version : Chemistry this year

Lord Ash
11-23-2007, 12:09 PM
I know everyone agrees, but I have to say I love the chemistry so far this year. Compared to last year, where I felt like there was a lot of shaking-of-heads and pushing-of-teammates, this year feels like a tight, tight bond, almost of guys who went through bad times and came out the other side, with some youth to invigorate them. I know it is early, but so far, looks so good.

6th Man
11-23-2007, 12:35 PM
One thing that struck me after the game against Marquette was how happy the bench was. Taylor King got very limited minutes and I don't think I saw anybody happier than he was after it was over. That was cool to see and made me think very highly of his character. Good sign for team chemistry!

dw0827
11-23-2007, 12:47 PM
One thing that struck me after the game against Marquette was how happy the bench was. Taylor King got very limited minutes and I don't think I saw anybody happier than he was after it was over. That was cool to see and made me think very highly of his character. Good sign for team chemistry!

I saw the same thing with Marty.

Son of Jarhead
11-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Agree. It really was great to see everyone smiling & hugging (even Coach K could not contain a smile as his players kept hugging him). This bodes well for the future, both this season & beyond. Go Duke!

Lord Ash
11-23-2007, 01:27 PM
I am not surprised; just because players don't play a ton in certain games doesn't mean that much. Remember, we only see these guys for two hours maybe twice a week; they spend basically their entire lives together, so that the guys were excited is nothing too remarkable, although very nice to see!

mehmattski
11-23-2007, 02:25 PM
I happen to be of the opinion that winning breeds chemistry, not the other way around. For an example, see the Boston Red Sox. With essentially the exact same players, the 2006 Red Sox, with in-fighting and malcontent Manny Ramirez... turned into the 2007 Red Sox, pride of the chemistry-loving fans. And they even added JD Drew, noted chemistry-killer! How could that be!?!?

The difference between the 2006 and 2007 Red Sox is simple: one team finished in third place, and the other finished as champions. Chemistry is created by winning, not the other way around.

4decadedukie
11-23-2007, 04:33 PM
I know everyone agrees, but I have to say I love the chemistry so far this year. Compared to last year, where I felt like there was a lot of shaking-of-heads and pushing-of-teammates, this year feels like a tight, tight bond, almost of guys who went through bad times and came out the other side, with some youth to invigorate them. I know it is early, but so far, looks so good.

I simply could not agree more, and that cohesiveness and spirit is frequently a decisive factor in key games that are fiercely contested to the last seconds.