PDA

View Full Version : Uniforms - NOT Duke blue

The Gordog
11-22-2007, 09:57 AM
I hate our uniforms. That color is just ... wrong.

Lord Ash
11-22-2007, 11:13 AM
I am in the minority in that I actually don't mind the black unis. I think they make us look a little mean.

Also, Gor, what does wwwjd mean? Did you mean to put wwjjd?

RelativeWays
11-22-2007, 03:17 PM
I've always liked the black unis since they unveiled them in....2001 I think? Besides, royal blue looks great on black.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-22-2007, 04:37 PM
I am in the minority in that I actually don't mind the black unis. I think they make us look a little mean.

Also, Gor, what does wwwjd mean? Did you mean to put wwjjd?

I too liked the current version of the black uni. I thought the royal blue trim looked great on it. But I do prefer the true blue road uni.

wwjdd would be what would Johnny Dawkins do? wwwjd - I have no idea; what would WoJo do?

Karl Beem
11-22-2007, 04:47 PM
I too liked the current version of the black uni. I thought the royal blue trim looked great on it. But I do prefer the true blue road uni.

wwjdd would be what would Johnny Dawkins do? wwwjd - I have no idea; what would WoJo do?

What would Whiskey Johnson do? What Wine Would Jesus Drink?
:confused:

Sir Stealth
11-22-2007, 05:16 PM
I've always liked the black unis since they unveiled them in....2001 I think? Besides, royal blue looks great on black.

I think we went first went black in 1997. I remember reading in the past that it's been left up to the players what color we wear, which makes it harder to complain about it (I've felt both ways at different times over the years).

Sir Stealth
11-22-2007, 05:17 PM
I think we went first went black in 1997. I remember reading in the past that it's been left up to the players what color we wear, which makes it harder to complain about it (I've felt both ways at different times over the years).

I guess it would actually be 1996 because it was in the preseason NIT. 96-97 season.

Cameron
11-22-2007, 07:06 PM
^^Yep, because that was the season we had the "Black in Black" poster, I believe. I liked them when they first came out, and still do. It's the away blue jersey's with black trim that I despise. God those are awful.

Personally, I think the blue is a pretty good shade. My personal preference would be the blueish purple unis Duhon hit the reverse layup shot at the Dean Dome in but I don't mind royal blue. It's pretty hit or miss to keep the same extact color, IMO. Just look at a school like Kentucky. They've gone through just as many blues as we have.

I just NEVER want to see those away blue with black trims again. NEVER.

Lord Ash
11-22-2007, 08:01 PM
They DO say that once you go black, you never go back, tho that might just be some wierd marketing ploy from Nike or something?