PDA

View Full Version : Shot of Singler

Jaymf7
11-22-2007, 02:19 AM
Did anyone else notice the close-up of Singler talking to the ref when ESPN came back to the game tonight after a commercial with about 8 minutes to go in the second half? Duke was up by 1 point, I think, and Marquette (which was incredibly tough) was breathing fire at our heels. The game truly had the feel of a Final Four-type game (and the post-game quotes revealed that our team treated it as the championship game it was). Despite this, this quick close-up showed Singler smiling and joking around with the ref. He looked as if he were on a playground with old buddies. I thought that was pretty amazing.

Anyone who has played an organized sport knows the feeling of pressure in such a situation. How many times did we face such "adversity" last year? In such instances, I repeatedly remember our team (most of which is still our team) with the exact opposite posture, feeling the weight of the game. A striking difference is immediately apparent with this team -- and no doubt Singler's remarkable cool is at play.

Here's to enjoying what I hope will be the emergence of another great Duke leader.

dukestheheat
11-22-2007, 08:12 AM
Jaymf7-

Indeed I caught that interaction; I wonder what in the world they were laughing about? It did seem relaxed, totally.

Singler is precocious and is a warrior for Duke; we've got several warriors this year.

GO DUKE!

dth.

Native
11-22-2007, 08:18 AM
Haha, Singler has the potential to be great. Hell, he already is great. Remember when he was cramping up off the baseline in the corner? Here's what he had to say about it:

"I got bumped in the knee and it was more of a knot than a cramp in the leg but I have two," Singler said.

jimbonelson
11-22-2007, 08:37 AM
i like singler. i love his game but was he looking for the charge a little to much last night.

watzone
11-22-2007, 09:07 AM
i like singler. i love his game but was he looking for the charge a little to much last night.

K should have set him down in favor of Johnson;)

Indoor66
11-22-2007, 09:12 AM
K should have set him down in favor of Johnson;)

Or Marty.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-22-2007, 09:22 AM

Looked to me like he was channeling Shane. And that's not a bad thing at all!

jimbonelson
11-22-2007, 09:26 AM
Looked to me like he was channeling Shane. And that's not a bad thing at all!

i dont think its bad either. he even got several calls . i was just thought there was a time or two that he might have defended better standing up

mcdukefan
11-22-2007, 09:28 AM
Now there is a great thought!

killerleft
11-22-2007, 09:46 AM
I had forgotten that moment. I'm trying hard not to put him on a pedestal, but he keeps trying even harder to climb up on the darn thing!

Go Duke!

mcdukefan
11-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Does anyone have a photo?

rthomas
11-22-2007, 09:58 AM
"I got bumped in the knee and it was more of a knot than a cramp in the leg but I have two," Singler said.

This has to be quote of the year.

throatybeard
11-22-2007, 12:58 PM

I dunno, I'm partial to Jay Bilas' "This is like a fist fight on a race track"

Lavabe
11-22-2007, 02:15 PM
I dunno, I'm partial to Jay Bilas' "This is like a fist fight on a race track"

I dunno, I'm partial to the call early in the Illinois game: "It's 2-0, and Illinois' biggest lead of the game."

Cheers,
Lavabe

captmojo
11-22-2007, 04:11 PM

Thank God it wasn't in three.

speedevil
11-22-2007, 05:06 PM
well mike dunleavy would be an easy comparison, both from oregon and their well rounded overall games, but during the marquette game i saw glimpes of shane battier, well when he's fighting inside for rebounds, taking charges, and especially taking and making 3s at the top of the arc.
whos ur daddy? singler!

willywoody
11-22-2007, 11:22 PM
i kept thinking of another duke frosh as singler sunk those late game free throws. one with a couple of national championships.

crote
11-22-2007, 11:46 PM
i kept thinking of another duke frosh as singler sunk those late game free throws. one with a couple of national championships.

Kenny Blakeney?

Indoor66
11-23-2007, 09:41 AM
Kenny Blakeney?

Probably Christian Laetner and his misses against Arizona.

willywoody
11-24-2007, 12:13 AM
Kenny Blakeney?

all i think about with kenny blakeney is those socks. wonder what he's up to these days?

fogey
11-24-2007, 04:02 AM
Cramp? that was no stinkin cramp. now kindly hand me that prosthetic leg over there, so I can strap in on and get back in the game...