PDA

View Full Version : Status Check!

OZZIE4DUKE
11-21-2007, 04:47 PM
It's Wednesday, day before Thanksgiving and three days before carolina goes to Hell!

Note to mods: this thread should stand separate from the Duke - unc FB thread.

JBDuke
11-21-2007, 05:46 PM
It's 5:45 on a late November Wednesday in Northern VA. By all rights, it should be about 40 degrees outside right now, but it's almost 70. Why is that? Could it be that heat from a southern location is seeping northward? It must be, because you know Carolina is descending into Hell!

Go to Hell, Carolina, Go to Hell!!!!!

godukecom
11-21-2007, 06:22 PM
6:20 here in (chapel) hell, which is going to become real hell on saturday. I am going and i hope i get out soon enough because CAROLINA IS GOING TO HELL!
gthc, gth

captmojo
11-21-2007, 08:26 PM
A very comfortable 66 here in Lompoc WC........................
but I understand that famine, horror and flames bursting through the firmament just west of Durham, are all solid indicators that carolina is sinking fast and (win or lose) is certain to fall beneath the surface, dropping straight into the bowels of the nether region known as HELL.

Exiled_Devil
11-21-2007, 08:32 PM
The attic in my mother's house here in Rhode Island is roasting, which I can only assume is due to Carolina going to hell and not the wood stove.

Exiled

CameronCraziex3
11-21-2007, 08:37 PM
Now in Jersey, super hot in the computer room, even the holes fan in the room admits it, it's hell getting ready for Carolina.

blazindw
11-21-2007, 11:39 PM
Finally made it to Ohio for the holiday weekend, where the high today was 75 degrees. The heat is making its way up from Chapel Hell, making for a wonderful day stuck in traffic on the road. Saturday, it doesn't matter what the temperature is, so long as the Holes are toasty in their rightful place in Hell!

GO TO HELL CAROLINA!

Lavabe
11-22-2007, 12:49 AM
It's a cool, rainy night in Georgia, but the forecast is for dry, warmer weather, no doubt a result of the warm front coming from Hell this weekend.

GTHC, GTH!

Cheers,
Lavabe

killerleft
11-22-2007, 01:16 AM
Just after midnight, so it's Thanksgiving in Gadsden, Alabama., You guessed it, hot as hell. Not strange at all that others are reporting the same from just about everywhere.

I'm used to the unusual heat in Greensboro this time of year, being only a ways from chapel hell. I reckon I shouldn't be surprised that the heat is radiating this far, though.

Surely this is the week that the tar-beings bubble in Hell, and we take the Bell.

Go Blue Devils!!!

hurleyfor3
11-22-2007, 03:13 AM
17.10 on Thursday in the Narita airport. Captain said on arrival it was 10 Celsius.

GTHC!

dukemomLA
11-22-2007, 03:48 AM
Well, it's 12:43 am here on the Left Coast, and it's 52 degrees outside my house. Kind of typical (although a little cooler than normal for this time of year).

Wishing y'all DBR regulars a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know in my heart that most of us have much for which to be Thankful. Especially our LOVE of DUKE BB!!

Does anyone know if the GO TO HELL, CAROLINA, GO TO HELL game is being televised on Sunday?? I've got ESPN, ESPN2, and DirectTV Full Court, so...let me know. I've been crazy busy with work lately, so....any reponse is appreciated. (If not, I'll check all my listings, etc. and find the answer).

GO DUKE!! Great win to win the Maui AGAIN!!

4decadedukie
11-22-2007, 06:52 AM
0647 Thanksgiving morning in unusually warm Fairfax County, Virginia. To all DBR's stalwart contributors: sincere appreciation, respect and a joyous holiday. Further, a saw a Duke Basketball Team beat a tough, ranked opponent that defeated us only a year ago last evening. Finally, GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!

Indoor66
11-22-2007, 09:21 AM
It's a cool, rainy night in Georgia, but the forecast is for dry, warmer weather, no doubt a result of the warm front coming from Hell this weekend.

GTHC, GTH!

Cheers,
Lavabe

And I thought it was the song....

jimbonelson
11-22-2007, 09:28 AM
its 930 in maryland and i have to open my house its so hot

devildeac
11-22-2007, 09:40 AM
its 930 in maryland and i have to open my house its so hot

Is it because the terps are burning stuff again or cuz carolina is going to hell?

jimbonelson
11-22-2007, 09:42 AM
Is it because the terps are burning stuff again or cuz carolina is going to hell?

maybe both lol

mcdukefan
11-22-2007, 09:49 AM
It's 09:45 AM Thanksgiving Day and I hope the tarholes celebrate the Coach Davis contract boost and extension with a defeat at the hands of the football Blue Devils!! GTHC-GTH

watzone
11-22-2007, 10:08 AM
'tis three hours before today's feast and not a Tarheel is in or near the house. Now that's a happy Thanksgiving. I do have to ride with one to a funeral tomorrow tho -

throatybeard
11-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Duke-UNC is on ESPNU. FullCourt is college BB not college FB so it won't help you.

I'm really amazed ESPNU picked it up. Butch Davis must be interesting to them.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-24-2007, 01:22 AM
1:20 a.m. the night before the big game. It's only 36 degrees out, saving up all the heat for tomorrow afternoon! Only 14:10 until carolina begins the return trip to HELL!

GO DUKE! BEAT carolina!

rthomas
12-20-2007, 06:07 PM
I can not wait for tonight's game! Let's go, Duke! Let's go, Duke! Let's go, Duke! Let's go, Duke! Let's go, Duke!

Tivoing the Steelers game. Great night for sports!

It's 6:05, and tonight Pittsburgh is substituting for Hell! Except when the football game starts.

godukecom
02-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Mild in chapel hell tonight at 7:17 pm, but the warm weather is nothing like the heat that will be radiating from the earth on monday and wednesday night as both Duke teams beat carolina and send them straight to hell

Ozzie, i know its your line but I think all duke fans have a right to it ;)

GO TO HELL carolina, GO TO HELL

Jumbo
02-02-2008, 07:26 PM
I really hope it's not bad karma that Ozzie didn't start this thread...

godukecom
02-02-2008, 07:58 PM
oh no, you're right:eek:
Ozzie, start another threat, and then mods, merge mine with his putting his post first!

JBDuke
02-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Last season, Ozzie started one, and I started one. We lost both games.

I say the heck with it! Ozzie will probably be glad that we're keeping up the tradition.

As for me, it's 8:35 p.m. here in Northern VA, and it's barely above freezing, but there's a warm spot in my heart knowing the heat facing the Heels on Wednesday as they go straight to Hell!

Go to Hell, Carolina, Go to Hell!!!!

OZZIE4DUKE
02-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Last season, Ozzie started one, and I started one. We lost both games.

I say the heck with it! Ozzie will probably be glad that we're keeping up the tradition.

As for me, it's 8:35 p.m. here in Northern VA, and it's barely above freezing, but there's a warm spot in my heart knowing the heat facing the Heels on Wednesday as they go straight to Hell!

Go to Hell, Carolina, Go to Hell!!!!

You're right! GoDukeCom, thanks for starting the thread in my absence. I was late getting home from the game and your assistance is muchly appreciated!

Now, getting down to business:
It's abnormally mild here just outside of Taylor King's range. Nice night. Heat emanating from about 57 miles to the northwest
http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=Chapel+Hill,+NC&geocode=&dirflg=&saddr=smithfield,+nc&f=d&sll=35.932985,-79.056587&sspn=0.127875,0.178528&ie=UTF8&ll=35.675147,-78.574219&spn=1.026322,1.428223&z=9&om=0

It is time for carolina to go straight to Hell!

BC is going to open the door for them on Sunday and our women are going to push them in on Monday and our men will lock the door closed on Wednesday!

Jumbo
02-02-2008, 11:32 PM
It's 36 degrees at 11:28 p.m. in the City That Never Sleeps. By this time tomorrow, the New York Giants will be Super Bowl champions. But the heat off the edges from Michael Strahan and Osi Umenyiora is merely a precursor to what is brewing in the Southeast. Because word out of the Research Traingle indicates a certain basketball team is beginning a journey straight to Hell, to be punctuated by Duke's performance come Wednesday night.

GO TO HELL, CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!!

DukeUsul
02-02-2008, 11:45 PM
It's a lovely night here, 11:45 PM, just over the border from hell.

I hope the fires of said hell, fueled by the hot outside shooting of.... well everyone on our team..... don't reach my house after the game on Wednesday.

GTHCGTH

Son of Jarhead
02-02-2008, 11:48 PM
11:47pm - It's just a little chilly here a along the Eno River, a few miles north of the center of all things evil. Should be unseasonably warm on Wednesday (& Monday, too)... in fact it should be hot as hell down there in Chapel Hell.

GO TO HELL, Carolina! GO TO HELL!

devildeac
02-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Now, now, now-y'all are forgetting one VERY important detail about unc burning in hell-it starts MONDAY night, not Wednesday night and I think it is becoming extremely warm in the southwestern corner of the Triangle area even as I type this. Let's have our women's team send them there 1st and, then our men can send them some company 2 nights later.

Troublemaker
02-03-2008, 12:05 AM
12:02 am. 29 degrees in the DC area and I'm about to go to sleep, but down below, the demons of Hell are hard at work sharpening their stakes and barbing their clubs in anticipation of Carolina's arrival in a few days. There, unspeakable torture awaits the Tar Heels, but the question is, will they consider it a relative slap on the wrist compared to the pain that Duke will bring Wednesday night? I think so.

blazindw
02-03-2008, 02:31 AM
2:30am here in DC. The temperature has heated up to 30 degrees, but nothing like the heat that we are expecting on Wednesday. A mini-system is moving up from the south, originating around the place we know as Chapel HELL. It is also scheduled to be raining on Wednesday, which will hopefully match the mood that Tar Hole fans will be feeling after the game!!

GTHCGTH!!

dukestheheat
02-03-2008, 07:01 AM
it's below freezing here in the quaint, tightly-knit town of wake forest, nc, and quite dark, but off to the west or slightly below that our residents can see a faint red glow beginning to simmer on the horizon; it looks like a FIRE, in the vicinity of chapel HELL. Chapel Hell even now is beginning to BURN!

GO DUKE! C'MON BOYS! PUNISH THOSE HATED HOLES!

dth.

dukerev
02-03-2008, 09:46 AM
8:45am Sunday morning - 55 degrees and raining in SE Arkansas. The warmth from the 8th circle has radiated quite far this year. Forecasts call for highs in the mid-70s tomorrow as Abby Waner and company open up the Gates for the first banishing back to Hell. Strangely, Wednesday's forecast shows a cool-down. Must be because those Gates will be slamming shut as the Men reject the Foul Light Blue Tar Holes.

9F, 9F, 9F, 9F!

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Part of the red glow you're seeing in the vicinity of Chapel Hill is the aftermath of the sale of all the fittings of the Rat. After 60 years in business, non payment of taxes has brought a close to an era. No more sizzlin' Gamblers!

Jumbo
02-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Here's a status check for you -- it's ridiculous how small this thread is. Hey, newbies: It's time to learn the ropes. This is a signature thread. Step up.

ugadevil
02-03-2008, 03:25 PM
It's a warm and sunny day here in Athens, Georgia. The heat must be drifting down from hell.

balkan boy
02-03-2008, 04:32 PM
It's 10:30pm and warming up here in Kosovo, what with Russian-leaning radical Nikolic providing a stiff challenge to more pro-European Tadic in today's Serbian elections and an imminent declaration of independence from Kosovo's leaders.

Could independence come on Wednesday? Maybe, but the heat will not compare to that emanating from the depths of hell across the atlantic...

balkan boy

ArkieDukie
02-03-2008, 04:41 PM
It's a cloudy but warm day here in central AR - an unseasonably warm 57 degrees, to be exact. Must be even warmer in NC, but not as hot as it's going to get!

TillyGalore
02-03-2008, 04:43 PM
It is toasty here in Raleigh, 66. Didn't even put closed toe shoes on when I went out. Dayyyum, will have to start painting toes as it'll soon be sandal season.

SouthgateWindsor
02-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Cool and overcast here in Tidewater Virginia.

But to the southwest a faint glow is emanating from the horizon. And if you listen closely, you can hear a low moaning sound that echoes of desperation and pain, the dreams of thousands of tortured Chapel Hell fans destroyed in the throes of another thrashing.

GTHC GTH!!!!!!

Ima Facultiwyfe
02-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Dump on the Hump 5:15 PM

I was just going out to the front porch to unfurl the Duke Blue this evening. (It always flies during a confrontation week.) Looking up and down the empty street, I perceived an unsettled stillness in the air. We live only a couple of blocks from Ol' Roy, and you can almost feel the neighbors nervously and quietly circling the wagons in anticipation of the fiery invasion expected from 7 miles to the north.

They don't talk to us much when they are this nervous. They just wander around, tugging at their collars and saying "Is it hot here or is it just me?"

Love, Ima

Jumbo
02-04-2008, 10:28 AM
This fell off the front page. Disgraces. You're all disgraces.

Indoor66
02-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Here in South Florida, I am turing from the East and the Atlantic and looking due North and I can see a glow, even in the morning sky. It must be Chapel Hill burning.

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Here in South Florida, I am turing from the East and the Atlantic and looking due North and I can see a glow, even in the morning sky. It must be Chapel Hill burning.
Does it resemble one of the great Chicago fires?

Indoor66
02-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Does it resemble one of the great Chicago fires?

It appears to be much worse. More smoke that the brush fires of the fall.

Dukerati
02-04-2008, 10:36 AM
It is a rainy and chilly 45 degrees in Arlington, VA. *Sniff* *Sniff* Is that the scented of roasted tar heel in the air? Too bad, the meat is stringy and worthless. The squirrels would have had a good time with it...

Indoor66
02-04-2008, 10:39 AM
It is a rainy and chilly 45 degrees in Arlington, VA. *Sniff* *Sniff* Is that the scented of roasted tar heel in the air? Too bad, the meat is stringy and worthless. The squirrels would have had a good time with it...

I would bet that most of the squirrels I know would not touch it. :D

sagegrouse
02-04-2008, 10:48 AM
.. and the Elk in the pasture across the road, all full of the rancher's hay intended for his cattle, have formed the letters G-O-T-O-H-E-L-L-U-N-C.

sagegrouse

Truth
02-04-2008, 11:00 AM
It is a snowy morning here in the Big Apple, as New Yorkers return to work following a crazy night of Super Bowl Championship action. Last night's game and tomorrow's tickertape parade are mere precursors to inevitable mayhem as Wednesday evening approaches.

GTHCGTH!

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Here on the western edge of the NC piedmont, rain last night has left our firewood and kindling a little wet. More showers may come through this evening. We'll have to get it dried out so we can add it to the fire Wednesday evening.

Wednesday forecast here includes the possibility of thunder storms. With the Football Signing luncheon set for 11:30A in Durham, the thunder will herald the changes taking place as we look toward spring practice.

calltheobvious
02-04-2008, 01:15 PM
It's an overcast, breezy 55 here in Big D, the weather matching the mood of Cowboys fans wondering what might have been. The forecast is for increasingly warm temperatures thru midweek, with an expected spike around 10:09 CST Wednesday, as the gates of hell blast the earth's surface upon the return of about 20 baby-blue-clad denizens.

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Just had a report from my sister who's hard at work in her office in Des Plaines outside Chicago where they really do know about fires. She reports that people in her building are becoming aware of smoke drifting in from the south and seem very anxious. With the rain now falling on last night's snowfall, fog is becoming widespread creating visibility problems. Other times in the past when this smoky atmosphere invaded the area, the Big Ten Challenge was being played out. As a Dukie she immediately recognizes it for what it is: the smell of the fire being prepared for the first Carolina game tonight.

Here in the WS area, I've enjoyed a little lunch of BBQ from Pig N out and am preparing for a little Mardi Gras supper I have scheduled for tonight. The King Cake may have to be served at halftime! I've been checking the weather from time to time, but have trouble interpreting the radar which seems to have the image obscured by smoke. The Weather Channel hasn't sent anyone to Chapel Hill to investigate yet, but they report they'll have someone on the scene by tip off tonight.

stickdog
02-04-2008, 02:24 PM
At the tone, the time will be GO TO HELL, CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!

DukeUsul
02-04-2008, 02:24 PM
About 8 miles from hell...... wearing shortsleeves today. Seriously starting to worry about all the dry tinder between that bastion of all things unholy and my house. Looking forward to running around in my shorts by Wednesday.

Carrie
02-04-2008, 02:49 PM
It is sunny and 66 degrees here in Overland Park, KS. However, the weatherman tells me that it's dropping down to a high of 32 for the next two days. I can only assume that this is because all the heat is being sucked eastward in preparation for Carolina's descent straight into Hell.

Carrie

kmspeaks
02-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Here in Buckhannon, WV after weeks of tramping through the snow to practice softball indoors we're heading outside this week and don't even need a sweatshirt! Must have something to do with the gates of hell busting open tonight about a 6 hour drive to the southeast.

GO DUKE! GO TO HELL CAROLINA!!

Richard Berg
02-04-2008, 05:00 PM
It was a calm, warm day when I left my Chapel Hill house this morning. I expect a f'n poltergeist by the time I return.

Madrasdukie
02-04-2008, 05:06 PM
The humidity in Madras will remain high the next couple of days !!

juise
02-04-2008, 05:09 PM
It's 40 and rainy in Portland, as it has been for most of the last week (with a little snow mixed in over the weekend). I've been trying to send the cool precipitation eastward, so our boys can cool off Wednesday night as they are leaving hell victoriously.

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-04-2008, 05:23 PM
It's 40 and rainy in Portland, as it has been for most of the last week (with a little snow mixed in over the weekend). I've been trying to send the cool precipitation eastward, so our boys can cool off Wednesday night as they are leaving hell victoriously.
The cold front is due to arrive Wednesday possibly causing severe thunderstorms in parts of the state such as the western piedmont. Currently don't expect any Dean Dome power outages of the sort that happened in Carmichael when Johnny Dawkins was making his visit as a recruit. The thunderstorms are expected to set the stage for announcements on Football Signing Day. It is believed that the outcome of the Super Bowl will contribute to the likelihood of thunder and lightening.

diesel
02-04-2008, 05:24 PM
This time last year I was in Winnipeg and the temp was like -30-40C. I’ve come back home for this year’s event and the temperature in Arlington, VA right now is a splendid 56F.

Isn’t it obvious that as one comes south the temperature is increasing? Extrapolating accordingly, I predict 451F for the environs of the Chapel Hell Community College on Wednesday! Regardless, we shall beat the hell out of the icky blues at that time!

On a sad note, I was sorry to see Devil in the Blue Dress report on the demise of the Rat. I did like those gambler’s specials. I guess with this last trace of culture gone, Chapel Hell wasn’t worth saving anyway!

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-04-2008, 05:33 PM
This time last year I was in Winnipeg and the temp was like -30-40C. I’ve come back home for this year’s event and the temperature in Arlington, VA right now is a splendid 56F.

Isn’t it obvious that as one comes south the temperature is increasing? Extrapolating accordingly, I predict 451F for the environs of the Chapel Hell Community College on Wednesday! Regardless, we shall beat the hell out of the icky blues at that time!

On a sad note, I was sorry to see Devil in the Blue Dress report on the demise of the Rat. I did like those gambler’s specials. I guess with this last trace of culture gone, Chapel Hell wasn’t worth saving anyway!
Yes, you'll have to find grease and sizzle somewhere else!

Acymetric
02-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Here in the grand village of Ada, Ohio temperatures have been increasing for the past week, peaking tomorrow to join the rest of the country in stockpiling heat to be sent south to the lesser city, leaving us with our usual cold weather on Wednesday. Ominous thunderstorms and high winds will the only sign we have of the impending doom descending on the tar heel nation.

Soft chants of "Go to Hell Carolina go to Hell!" can be heard ringing out in the empty fields, and with each passing moment the voices grow stronger...

heath_harshman4
02-04-2008, 06:31 PM
out here on the west coast...

Today, it was a chilling 35 degrees with sunshine and very few clouds. All that was heard except for the slight breeze was the in head clock of heath harshman slowly counting downt the hours..... 50.5 Hours as of this post...just saying.....

The forecast shows nothing but DUKE BLUE SKIES and many cheers heard throughout the nation....

captmojo
02-04-2008, 09:31 PM
This fell off the front page. Disgraces. You're all disgraces.

I blame myself. I've been out of town. Lompoc is wet tonight. Tomorrow promises to be windy. Does the wind blow because carolina sucks, or does carolina suck, therefore the wind blows? :confused: Either way, the stench is overpowering. Hell is on the way to swallow up the baby blues.

Duke76
02-04-2008, 10:01 PM
a balmy 70 degree high today in Atlanta, 382 miles from the dean dome, err gates of hell. I made the mistake of google mapping the distance between here and the hellhole, even typed in "Dean Dome". God forgive me. I decided to take a closer look using the google satellite option to see what was going on. Plenty of college kids walking around Chapel Hill today but no sign of intelligent life. I plan on checking back on the satellite view Wednesday night about 11:00pm and I won't be watching Atlanta burn.

devildeac
02-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Jumbo has challenged and I have answered. Currently we have a balmy 56 degrees at 1105 PM on the Morrisville, NC WeatherBug and I reside about 18 miles from that site in Raleighwood, NC. Strangely, it seems to be getting warmer and warmer. The lakes, reservoirs, creeks and rivers are evaporating even more quickly this week than usual, drought notwithstanding. I think it just might be related to the fires of Hades burning uncontrollably as the residents of chappaheeya are incinerated and find their ashes(or I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.hes) in hell shortly after 11 PM on Wednesday. GTHCGTH, yes, a thousand times, GTHCGTH.

jlear
02-04-2008, 11:15 PM
I feel like i got hit by a truck and I cannot tell if I have a fever or if I am just too close to chapel hell. Less than 48 hrs until the tip, I am sure my cure is another Duke victory.

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-04-2008, 11:56 PM
I feel like i got hit by a truck and I cannot tell if I have a fever or if I am just too close to chapel hell. Less than 48 hrs until the tip, I am sure my cure is another Duke victory.
I hope you don't have Carolina fever! That was going around a few years ago.....

Indoor66
02-05-2008, 08:16 AM
I hope you don't have Carolina fever! That was going around a few years ago.....

...and the cure is Preparation H.

detule
02-05-2008, 08:49 AM
In the confines of my office in this gothic wonderland that is the home of everything sacred in the world of College Basketball, I feel safe, protected.

For only a few miles due west, what people mistake for a massive pyre is burning. It is not a pyre, nor are they any flames of this world.

It is hell ascended in Chapel Hill.

And tomorrow night, my boys will walk through those flames unscathed, and teach The Filthy One and his minions how Devils play basketball.

Bring it.....

dukemath
02-05-2008, 09:43 AM
It is supposed to be 74 in Durham today, 78 tomorrow. Its February! The storms are going to block out that ugly light blue sky tomorrow and by 11pm I expect it to be much hotter in Chapel Hill.

Gooch
02-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Just heard what sounded like a roll of thunder here in rainy Connecticut...not sure if it is the echo of Belichick's rumblings out of Foxboro or the gates of hell opening up for the dreaded heels. GTHC (and UConn too).

EasternDB
02-05-2008, 10:07 AM
10:05 am on Tuesday Morning.
It's 60 degrees here in Northeastern North Carolina. Thirty-Five hours to tip...

trinity92
02-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Sitting in an expat cafe in the Dominican Republic, no change in temps lately-- 80 and beautiful every day. However, based upon the principle that everything must be brought into balance, and given that my giants winning the super bowl indicates that hell just froze over, I expect the forecast for Chapel Hell to reach unheard of temps come weds. night!

Give 'em hell Duke!

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Strong thunderstorms with high winds and hail in some locations are forecast for the piedmont region of NC. Facilities managers are checking their generators to insure that the lights don't go out (threes?). Dukies are wisely securing their firewood and kindling in dry areas in anticipation of the rapture's arrival on Wednesday evening.

OZZIE4DUKE
02-05-2008, 11:15 AM
I feel great now that I am out of the dentist's chair (routine cleaning). Was far less painful than watching last night's debacle. Time to right the wrongs and put carolina back where they belong - HELL!

First, the team managers will continue their domination of the carolina managers http://www.newsobserver.com/734/story/923904.html and then our men will silence the throng in the dean dome!

Is it my imagination, or is it getting awfully warm around these parts? :D

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-05-2008, 11:17 AM
I feel great now that I am out of the dentist's chair (routine cleaning). Was far less painful than watching last night's debacle. Time to right the wrongs and put carolina back where they belong - HELL!

First, the team managers will continue their domination of the carolina managers http://www.newsobserver.com/734/story/923904.html and then our men will silence the throng in the dean dome!

Is it my imagination, or is it getting awfully warm around these parts? :D
No, it's not your imagination! Unseasonal high temperatures today foreshadow the thunder and lightening expected with severe weather tomorrow. It's not global warming. It's the rapture!

TillyGalore
02-05-2008, 12:14 PM

Interesting that #3 UNC is mentioned before #2 Duke. No bias there. :rolleyes:

Like someone else mentioned I'm feeling hot too, from a fever I believe. And, don't even think it's Carowhina fever, oh hell no! I think my fever is from being so close to hell, about 8 miles.

GTHC, GTH

DevilDad
02-05-2008, 12:27 PM
61 Degrees, partly sunny here in the rolling peidmont of North Carolina. A little over 32 hours until K and his band of Devils avenge our ladies!!!:)

rsvman
02-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Surpassing SEVENTY degrees on February 5th here in Tidewater, VA. At first, I thought maybe this global warming thing had become greatly accelerated, but then I realized it's just that the fires are stoking in a little town in Central North Carolina. Hotter weather to come within about 36 hours, I hear.

GTH, Carolina, GTH!

npdevil27
02-05-2008, 01:12 PM
It's an unseasonably warm 42 degrees here in Ann Arbor... and Carolina can still go straight to hell!

pacificrounder
02-05-2008, 02:38 PM
It's a comfortable 47 and sunny here in Stockton, California. I'll be flying back to the East Coast tomorrow night during the game, all because I'm afraid the heat from Hell will scorch across the country...

blublood
02-05-2008, 03:04 PM
65 degrees and beautiful in Birmingham! I face a slight dilemma in this game because although I want our new baby to be inculcated with Love of Duke as early as possible, I'm afraid that the sight of so many light-blue basketball players being sucked into hell all at once may frighten him. How to explain to him that they are Carolina and they deserve it?... :)

grc5
02-05-2008, 03:28 PM
The time is 3:22 PM in heaven, and it's 75 degrees and partly cloudy.

Every Monday I make an 8-mile trek to volunteer for the poor souls in Chapel Hell. I'm getting a little confused by all the construction on 15-501, and the new signage that's going up as a result. Fortunately, one familiar sign still remains: "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate."

GTHCGTH

socaldukie
02-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Super Tuesday here and although sunny, only topping out at a chili 58 on an otherwise beautiful day. :cool:

GO TO HELL, CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!!

RepoMan
02-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Man, its unseasonably warm outside in Raleigh (someone should study the climatological effects of Duke/Carolina pro-game intensity), but its cold cold cold in this office building. Tension is starting to thicken, and one thing is clear:

Go to Hell, Carolina, Go to Hell!

365Duke
02-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Fortunately, one familiar sign still remains: "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate."

GTHCGTH

a couple of years ago we had a GTHC thread that had it spelled out in a bunch of different languages. Seeing how I know none, let 'em rip!!!

grc5
02-05-2008, 04:16 PM
a couple of years ago we had a GTHC thread that had it spelled out in a bunch of different languages. Seeing how I know none, let 'em rip!!!

Well in French it would be "Allez en enfer, Carolina"

And in Russian, I think you could say "Vo chortom, Carolina." This literally means, "to the devil, Carolina." Unfortunately, this is acutally something you might say to encourage someone in Russian, kind of how we say "break a leg" in America.

mehmattski
02-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Later today, I have to go down to the Best Buy on 15-501, less than a mile from Chapel Hell. Does anyone have a kevlar suit I can borrow?

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Later today, I have to go down to the Best Buy on 15-501, less than a mile from Chapel Hell. Does anyone have a kevlar suit I can borrow?
Isn't there a new Best Buy store near the Streets of South Point? You can avoid some of the heat of CH and the convoluted traffic of New Hope Commons.

3rd Dukie
02-05-2008, 04:34 PM
I don't speak no foreign language cept'n southern, and I'm a'praying the Good Lord sees fit to send them sumI'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.es (can I say that?) straight to the heat of Hell. Then I hope He sends 'um deeper into the bowels of the Earth.
Burn'em, dadgummit!

GTHC!!!!!!!!

That thing I thought was a comet turned out to be the Demar Rocket.

58 degrees and gettin' hotter in Menlo Park, CA.

mehmattski
02-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Isn't there a new Best Buy store near the Streets of South Point? You can avoid some of the heat of CH and the convoluted traffic of New Hope Commons.

Unfortunately I pre-ordered an item and had it shipped to that Best Buy. But it does give me a good reason to pick up a cheesesteak from the excellent "Philly Steak Factory" in New Hope Commons.

With the temperature rising, though, the sandwich might be a little charred...

CathyCA
02-05-2008, 04:51 PM
It's 55 degrees and the temperature is rising here in San Jose, CA. Could the rising temps be a result of the warmer winds blowing in from the east?

Go to hell, Carolina, go to hell!

dyedwab
02-05-2008, 05:34 PM
I've been curious about the sudden warming trend in our nation's capital, where its currently 5:33PM and 63 degrees...

...could it be that hell is opening up its gates to welcome the Tar Heels?

Clipsfan
02-05-2008, 05:39 PM
The time is 3:22 PM in heaven, and it's 75 degrees and partly cloudy.

Every Monday I make an 8-mile trek to volunteer for the poor souls in Chapel Hell. I'm getting a little confused by all the construction on 15-501, and the new signage that's going up as a result. Fortunately, one familiar sign still remains: "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate."

GTHCGTH

I can always appreciate a good Dante quote...

Go to Hell Carolina Go To Hell.

I am going to have to see if I can get out of work early tomorrow to catch all of the game...

millerecu
02-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Its a warm 60 degree day here due east of crapel hell. The fog has been thick all day.....it must be the heat from hell burning all the saltwater from the earth. But its a good day to be a DUKE fan. GTHCGTH!!!!

DukeCO2009
02-05-2008, 06:49 PM
It's 70 degrees here on Central Campus in lovely Durham. Drivers traveling South on 15/501 have been urged to proceed with extreme caution, as mass preemptive whining and the opening of the gates of hell have sent noise and heat levels sky-high in and around Chapel Hill.

GO TO HELL, CAROLINA--GO TO HELL!

RockyMtDevil
02-05-2008, 06:55 PM
It's 17 degrees with snow on the ground in Colorado Springs and I just punched the fat punk in the cube next to me who went to chapel hell...

GTHC!!!!!!!!!!

duketaylor
02-05-2008, 07:44 PM
It's 65 degrees here in Atlee, Va (just north of Richmond) at 7:35PM on a February evening. Completely and totally unseasonable with a forecast of 75 degrees tomorrow and severe weather. I think we all know what that means; warm air drifting up from the SW colliding with soothing (Duke Blue) colder air, creating an epic showdown between Mother Nature and the elements. The Gates have opened and now must be shut!! High of 37 forecast in the coming days!! The basketball gods have shown us the light and now we must walk towards said light. chapel hell must be silenced. T-minus 25 1/2 hours.
All tarholes must be silenced!! GTHC, GTH!!!! 9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F!!
Hey, I didn't get a "harumph" out of that guy.

ArkieDukie
02-05-2008, 07:55 PM
It's around 70 degrees here in central AR. There's nasty weather afoot - tornado warnings everywhere, and the front just arrived at my house. May have to take to the closet soon (no basement). Storms are a sign: hell's awaiting a huge influx from UNC!

No more signal on TV; must go to local TV station on computer...

dukestheheat
02-05-2008, 09:06 PM
coming back from Indianapolis, Indiana (business) and i sat next to a very nice older lady from oxford, nc. she informed me that she was a big hole fan and she loved the holes.

i asked her if she'd heard about the injury situation and she looked at me like she'd seen a ghost.

'son, don't tell me that. that's bad news. but we'd win anyway, we are carolina'.

so there will also be great wailing and gnashing of teeth tomorrow night in Chapel Hell BUT in a little town well north of the Gothic Playground, in a house in the quaint little town of Oxford, NC, suddenly many fires will pop up around the room and consume the TV and all the POM POMS that lady said she had sitting around that house. Hell fire will burn all the Carolina blue stuff in the room and somehow, some way that woman becomes a DUKE fan tomorrow night when she sees the fire in her house and realizes that she's on the wrong side of the ball, and has been all along.

dth.

jlear
02-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Storms expected here in Raleigh tomorrow....the generator (that i bought to never miss away games) has gas and I am going to get an HDTV off air antenna as a Directv backup tomorrow. Like a boy scout I am prepared to witness carolina's trip to hell!

GO TO HELL, CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!

godukecom
02-05-2008, 09:56 PM
In Hebrew it would be... (transliterated, obviously)
LECHO LA ZA ZEL, carolina, LECHO LA ZA ZEL!

heath_harshman4
02-05-2008, 10:29 PM
let it all out here....

GO TO HELL carolina GO TO HELL.....you don't deserve the caps lock...

wilson
02-05-2008, 10:35 PM
I already can't sit still. This is my roommate's first Duke-kuralonna experience. I have made plans to go elsewhere. She thinks I'm crazy.

heath_harshman4
02-05-2008, 10:39 PM
I already can't sit still. This is my roommate's first Duke-kuralonna experience. I have made plans to go elsewhere. She thinks I'm crazy.

i have been counting down the hours for about 3 days...

22 hours and 21 minutes as of this post...

i am a sick person...AND I LOVE IT

Jumbo
02-05-2008, 10:47 PM
let it all out here....

GO TO HELL carolina GO TO HELL.....you don't deserve the caps lock...

Um, no. That would be the "Status Check" thread. Newbies ... sigh. Thread locked! No soup for you!!!

wilson
02-05-2008, 10:50 PM
Right...since Jumbo is a curmudgeon (and for the record, I'm anything but a newbie, but thanks for playing), I'll post again...This is my roommate's first Duke-kuralonna experience, and she thinks I'm crazy, because I already can't sit still. I've made plans to watch the game away from home.

Jumbo
02-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Right...since Jumbo is a curmudgeon (and for the record, I'm anything but a newbie, but thanks for playing), I'll post again...This is my roommate's first Duke-kuralonna experience, and she thinks I'm crazy, because I already can't sit still. I've made plans to watch the game away from home.

I don't think I called you a newbie. But there are a few sacred traditions that must be protected here. "Status Check" is one of them -- we have to send Carolina off to Hell the right way!

devildeac
02-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Jumbo-you wanted it and here it is-multiple postings on the 'status' thread.

64 degrees and unseasonably warm here in Raleigh. Record high temp expected tomorrow. I wonder why. All indications are the the fires of hell are being released to consume the holes starting early in the afternoon and continuing until about 11 PM(or shortly thereafter) tomorrow. May they burn forever. GTHCGTH.

heath_harshman4
02-05-2008, 11:38 PM
I don't think I called you a newbie. But there are a few sacred traditions that must be protected here. "Status Check" is one of them -- we have to send Carolina off to Hell the right way!

i be the newbie, my bad

Heelkiller1
02-06-2008, 01:33 AM
I am currently in Iraq ,and still surrounded by tarheel punks but the game is coming on about 4:00am i got my DUKE shirt on got my DUKE flag hung high and i can't wait to for the BLUE DEVILS to wear out those light blue sissy's .GTHC GTH :D

STLDukeFan4
02-06-2008, 02:30 AM
GTHC GTH
36 degrees..Early Wednesday morning in St. Louis, MO, has been raining all day..the rain must be coming down to keep us Missourians away from the fiery pits in chapel hill...only 19.5 more hours until our Devils give the holes their punishment

Go to Hell carolina...go to hell!!!

BlueDevilJay
02-06-2008, 07:34 AM
Its been unseasonably warm (60 deg here at 7:30am) here the past two days about 3 hours west of the epicenter, which leads me to believe the fire must be blazing 3 hours to the east of me.

GO TO HELL CAROLINA GO TO HELL!!!!

UncleGarv
02-06-2008, 08:12 AM
Record-setting 74 degrees here in DC. About what you'd expect to see as the Prince of Lies opens his fell portal 'neath the Dome, returning to Earth to reclaim what is rightfully his -- as he is wont to do twice, sometimes thrice a year

dukerev
02-06-2008, 08:20 AM
Big temperature drop in SE Arkansas after the front rolled through with the storms. The heat is being sucked back toward Chapel Hell. Hope all rode out the tornadoes (esp. you, ArkieDukie) okay.

9F, 9F, 9F, 9F

Dunkin
02-06-2008, 08:38 AM
Here in SW Durham at 8:30 a.m. it is quiet and unnaturally warm for this time of day at 60 degrees. It must be the lull before what is to come as the holes are sucked straight to hell!

GTHC!

DukieInKansas
02-06-2008, 09:20 AM
It was 55 on Monday morning in OP, Kansas. This morning it is 17 with snow falling. Obviously, the heat is descending to the east in that place of ugly light blue. After the Blue Devil win tonight, all should return to normal in the world of weather.

GTH, C, GTH

OZZIE4DUKE
02-06-2008, 09:54 AM
9:55 here just outside of Taylor King's range. 11 hours to go till tip off. Getting hot. Real hot! So hot that chapel hell can't contain it all. About to head up to Durham for the Duke Football signing day luncheon. What a great way to start the day! Welcome Duke football signees! Welcome Coach Cut! Can't wait to meet him today!

After those preliminaries, it'll be time to get really ready for the game. Voice, start chanting! Please repeat after me!
GO TO HELL, carolina, GO TO HELL!
9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F!!!!!!!

TillyGalore
02-06-2008, 10:04 AM
We all want Kerlina to go to hell, I'm all for that. But, doesn't the Devil rule over hell? Thus aren't we already in hell and do we really want Holes joining us?

Perhaps I'm taking all this a little too literally.

GO TO HELL carolina, GO TO HELL!

Bluedog
02-06-2008, 10:10 AM
We all want Kerlina to go to hell, I'm all for that. But, doesn't the Devil rule over hell? Thus aren't we already in hell and do we really want Holes joining us?

Perhaps I'm taking all this a little too literally.

If you want to take it literally, isn't the Devil in hell a red devil? Thus, a Blue Devil is clearly not in Hell.

TillyGalore
02-06-2008, 10:16 AM
If you want to take it literally, isn't the Devil in hell a red devil? Thus, a Blue Devil is clearly not in Hell.

I wondered if that was our loophole, but needed to make sure thus posed the question figuring there would be a Blue Devil braniac who would point that out. Thanks bluedog. :D

Jessica5
02-06-2008, 10:36 AM
It's a humid 70 degrees here at the center of the universe, and it's expected to reach almost 80 before the end of the day. I expect things are even warmer 8 miles away...

less than 10.5 hours to go.

GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!

twisterduke81
02-06-2008, 10:38 AM
It is a ridculously warm 68 in Charlottesville with the temperatures dropping tomorrow. A coincidence, I think not. Also, my fifth grade daughter had to change her clothes this morning at the last minute and said "I can't wear my light blue shirt-not today of all days." Train 'em young.

bigj4194
02-06-2008, 10:39 AM
a most glorious day for duke basketball...GTHC!!!!

oh and 9F!

BlueintheFace
02-06-2008, 10:46 AM
I'm so excited I can't stand it!!!!!! God I hope we bring it tonight.

BlueDevilBaby
02-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Oh, we'll bring it. We will definitely bring it.:mad:

My stomach is at it and my palms are sweating already. How am I going to make it to 9pm? I can't wait!

9F9F9F9F9F9F9F, ad infinitum

Indoor66
02-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Radiation from the north is so high we will reach 85° today. 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F

dukepsy1963
02-06-2008, 11:12 AM
To all who enter here......................

vabluedevil
02-06-2008, 12:13 PM
It's 68 degrees in beautiful downtown Altavista VA. Getting giddy counting down the hours until our devils invade Chapel Hell and emerge victorious!

9f, 9f, 9f, 9f, 9f, 9f, 9f,9f,9f

KenTankerous
02-06-2008, 12:17 PM
As a Kentucky fan, slowly being turned into a Blue Devil fan by my oh-so-devoted Dukie of a fiance (see my thread "A Kentucky fan in Cameron" for details on this conversion), this is my first Duke-NC game. I am very excited!

Come to find out, I work with a Tar Heels fan and actually said to him "I think my Devils are going to take you tonight". MY devils?!?!? Wow...

Man, oh man, are the hours dragging along today!

365Duke
02-06-2008, 12:23 PM
As a Kentucky fan, slowly being turned into a Blue Devil fan by my oh-so-devoted Dukie of a fiance (see my thread "A Kentucky fan in Cameron" for details on this conversion), this is my first Duke-NC game. I am very excited!

Come to find out, I work with a Tar Heels fan and actually said to him "I think my Devils are going to take you tonight". MY devils?!?!? Wow...

My advice would be to...Just let it go, forget all your past mistakes, and be delivered to the place that the Good Lord wanted you to be in the first place:D

There's always room for one more, and the quicker you learn that your soon to be wife is always right. the better;)

Indoor66
02-06-2008, 12:30 PM

Believe and you shall be free....:)

4dukeinMinnesota
02-06-2008, 12:36 PM
This is my first post although I've been reading the threads for quite a while now, and I thought tonight's game warranted a short one from me. It's freezing here in St. Paul, MN but my heart is warm just thinking about the blue Devils. I wore my Duke sweatshirt to work today and I am so nervous and excited for the game to begin that I'm not getting much work done. We can do it, I know. I'm the wife of a Duke alum, Ph.D. class of '75 and we've followed the blue devils ever since. Our goal right now is to get back to Durham for the early January game next season. Can't wait.

devillighter
02-06-2008, 12:41 PM
It's 74 degrees on main quad as gametime inches closer. I am 1 class, 2 tent shifts, and 6 hours and 20 mintues away from watching the devils destroy their chapel college foes.

Carrie
02-06-2008, 12:41 PM

Please tell us, what was your wife's secret? I have a heel for a husband and I can't get him to say anything more generous than that he didn't totally hate Chris Carrawell. I need tips from one who has seen success... how do you manage to turn a husband's allegiance?

Carrie

Carrie
02-06-2008, 12:50 PM
It was 55 on Monday morning in OP, Kansas. This morning it is 17 with snow falling. Obviously, the heat is descending to the east in that place of ugly light blue. After the Blue Devil win tonight, all should return to normal in the world of weather.

GTH, C, GTH

I couldn't even get in to my job in OP today... and KU actually canceled classes. This would tend to bear out the above-mentioned theory. The snow has mostly let up now, but the roads near me are still covered. I don't expect it will get warmer before tomorrow, once Carolina has descended safely into Hell.

GO TO HELL, CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!

TillyGalore
02-06-2008, 12:51 PM

Hey Ken, didn't realize you were engaged to a Dukie. Congrats on the impending nuptials.

DukeDevil
02-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Fight! Fight, Blue Devils
Fight for Duke and the Blue and White
March on through
For the slam dunk's there for you,
Go Devils!
We're gonna win tonight
Carolina go to hell!
So turn on the steam, team,
Fight! Blue Devils, Fight!

(clap clap clap) Go!
(clap clap clap) Go!
Rip 'em up, tear 'em up! Give 'em hell, Duke!
(clap clap clap) Go!
(clap clap clap) Go!
Rip 'em up, tear 'em up! Give 'em hell, Duke!

I...can't...get...work...done...today.

bigj4194
02-06-2008, 01:14 PM
I...can't...get...work...done...today.

I know the feeling...sitting in STAT class in the Physics building is painful when I am so very excited for tonight!

9F9F9F9F9F9F9F

GO TO HELL carolina!

DevilDad
02-06-2008, 02:12 PM
BLUE FLAME= Complete combustion

Red Flame = Incomplete combustion of carbon. Blue fires of Duke=Hotter:)

KenTankerous
02-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Thanks Tilly!

Carrie - I doubt anything can warm a Heels fan to the Blue Devils but here's my story:

I have always respected Duke's program. Krzyzewski runs a clean program, graduates his players usually on time with meaningful degrees and suffers few, if any, off court issues all the while consistently fielding a top 25 team. It is a model to which all Division I programs should aspire.

But I'm a Cats fan. Christian Laettner broke my heart. We did eventually exorcise the ghost of "The Shot" with a glorious 17 point, less than 10 minutes to go comeback on our way to the '98 championship. Those two games are etched in every UofK fans psyche.

My lady LOVES her Blue Devils but thought she'd only get to see them on the road. Cameron tickets are impossible, right? So during my quest for tickets, I saw a ton of the DukeHateTsunami and found it crude, mean spirited and very easily debunked as pure myth. But still not a fan.

Well, when I heard about the general admission tickets to the Cornell game, I had to score a pair and I DID!!!

When delivering a dream, one ought to stay in paradise, no? So I booked a room at the Washington Duke. This led to more research about the man and the university he created. What an amazing human being.

So at that point, I respect the program and am awestruck by the founding father. But still not a fan.

Driving into Durham, being warmingly welcomed at the WaDuke even though they knew I was a Wildcat fan, and the beauty of campus all made me feel very much at ease. But still at ease on enemy turf.

And then we went to Cameron.

Is there a better venue in all of sports? Yankee Stadium, Lambeau Field, maybe, but I don't think so. The understated elegance, yes elegance, of Cameron, the witty, spontaneous, sportsmanship and LOUD crazies not to mention the quality of Coach K's teaching and leadership, brought me into the fold.

But it wasn't until I watch the next televised game from CIS that it hit me. It's not the same intensity I get when I watch my Cats but the emotion is the same.

My name is Ken and I am a Duke Fan.

Carrie
02-06-2008, 03:26 PM
*sniff* Beautiful story, Ken. Thanks for sharing it.

Sadly, I think you're right that I'll never be able to convert mine. You're much less biased. He's been to games in Cameron and still tries to claim it isn't that great.

Oh, well, as of game time, he will be kicked out of the house to go watch the game somewhere that isn't in my presence.

And his alma mater can GTH!

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Got back from the Football Signing Luncheon a little while ago. Coach Cutcliffe was magnificent!!! We've got some fabulous recruits coming from NC, Texas, Louisiana, Florida and Alabama. (I mention these states for a reason. We're going to go head to head with Carolina in recruiting the best in NC. We've gotten some top recruits right out from under Texas, LSU, Alabama and "the holy trinity of Florida.") As Coach ran the tapes of the newest class and told the audience about each guy describing the strength, speed, intelligence and versatility of each one, I kept thinking about the Carolina game scheduled for next November in Wallace Wade. I don't care whom they've signed, it's time for Carolina and everyone else to face Hell again in Wallace Wade in the fall!

The man is smart, I tell you! He concluded his remarks with, "Go to hell, Carolina, go to hell!!!!"

Johnboy
02-06-2008, 04:08 PM
It's a partly cloudy, windy 82 degrees, and Carolina can still go to hell!

TillyGalore
02-06-2008, 04:17 PM
I agree with Carrie, that was a beautiful story.

Carrie, I'm sorry about your husband. Where will you send "the heel" so you can watch the game at home?

Rogue
02-06-2008, 04:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/v/XPuGN82fB1M

GOOOOOOOOO DUKE

Carrie
02-06-2008, 04:54 PM
I agree with Carrie, that was a beautiful story.

Carrie, I'm sorry about your husband. Where will you send "the heel" so you can watch the game at home?

His stepmother is also a UNC grad, and his father has an irrational hatred of Duke, so he'll be joining them for dinner, with a heaping serving of GO TO HELL, CAROLINA for dessert.

TillyGalore
02-06-2008, 04:59 PM
His stepmother is also a UNC grad, and his father has an irrational hatred of Duke, so he'll be joining them for dinner, with a heaping serving of GO TO HELL, CAROLINA for dessert.

My deepest sympathies. Will cheer extra hard tonight for you. :D

Lavabe
02-06-2008, 05:07 PM
I got a fever.

And the only prescription is Carolina GOING TO HELL!!
9F!

Lavabe

DukieInKansas
02-06-2008, 05:12 PM

At least they will leave you in peace to watch the game. I think it would be harder to watch it in their presence.

GTH, C, GTH! 9F

BD80
02-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Up in Clarkston MI it is 31 derdrees and 8 t0 11 inches of snow on the way, which is good because I've got an 8' bonfire ready to celebrate the victory.

Since I'm in Big 10/11 country (just outside of Taylor King's range this year) I'll get ESPN HD and Dickie V who sounds like he will have to tone it down to save his voice.

Carolina will NOT get sucked down into hell if they lose. Win or lose they ARE in hell. The Dump on the Hump IS hell on earth. Any change for them would be an improvement. That is why we have to make sure they all get back on the bus when they visit Duke. We shall leave hell with a victory and leave the holes in hell.

DancinDevil
02-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Also in Michigan, snow piling up, about to head out to my last Duke Alumni Interview this year. And when I'm done? I'll watch Carolina get sent straight to hell.

9F

99DukeMom
02-06-2008, 06:18 PM
We're in our house in Maine, expecting a half a foot of snow tonight. Hell will look great as long as there are Tar Heels in it. I haven't been this excited about a game in a long time!
We're also planning to go to Boston to see the women play tomorrow night. BC can go to hell too.

OZZIE4DUKE
02-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Welcome DancinDevil and 99DukeMom! Two new posters in a row!

Ima Facultiwyfe
02-06-2008, 07:12 PM
The AIR CONDITIONING just kicked on here at our house on the hump! The Devils' bus must have just arrived over at the dumb dome and the team is turnin' on the steam.

Rip 'em up! Tear 'em up! Give 'em hell DUKE!
Love, Ima

Madrasdukie
02-06-2008, 07:29 PM
No kiddin, Baltimore is unusually warm today, and inside the building where I work (again, I kid you not), everybody I bumped into complained about this unusual change - I gave them my explanantion !!
GTHC GTH

Ima Facultiwyfe
02-06-2008, 08:08 PM
...and heading upstairs to start ironing! I save stacks of it for this occasion. The closer the game the more feverishly I iron. I'm always shocked at the crisply folded heap sitting there and leaning like the Tower of Pisa when the final buzzer sounds!

There's absolutely NOTHING as satisfying as a victory over the Holes and visible evidence that I worked nearly as hard as the guys did!

Thought for the day: A basketball game is just like the ironing. As soon as you get to the bottom of the basket, there's another one waiting for you. It never really ends.

Love you guys. Have fun. Ima

duketaylor
02-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Less than an hour to go, temps here in central Va way above normal. Waft of burning flesh coming from 8 miles west of Derm. Burn, baby, burn. Lots of interest in this game tonight up here from folks that have no allegience/alliance to either team. They get IT, I love that. I'll either get blasted at work tomorrow or congratulated like many of us here. Let's hope for the latter. 9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9f9f9F9f9F!!!!!!!

devildeac
02-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Paging OZZIE, Paging MR. OZZIE:

You have now entered and influenced the life of a 2nd generation Dukie.

Books: $300+
Student fees: $400+
Tuition: somewhere north of $34K
Receiving a text 2 hours prior to the start of the game tonight from our daughter who is a 1st year student at Duke that is nothing more than "9F Go Duke:) ": Priceless.

A deep and hearty THANKS to OZZIE!

PS-they can still GTH!

Jumbo
02-06-2008, 08:22 PM
It's 40 minutes until the opening tip and it's still a balmy 53 degrees in NY. Hell beckons, Tar Heels. It won't be long until our Devils put you out of your misery. GO TO HELL, CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!!

watzone
02-06-2008, 08:29 PM
allez au diable Caroline

BD80
02-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Receiving a text 2 hours prior to the start of the game tonight from our daughter who is a 1st year student at Duke that is nothing more than "9F Go Duke:) ": Priceless.

Why isn't 9F listed as 1A?? Or A1A??

All things must begin with Carolina Going to Hell.

Tonight will end with Carolina where it belongs - in Hell!!!

dukestheheat
02-06-2008, 08:38 PM
here in wake forest, nc, we notice the fainter glow from earlier this week now is burning much brighter, and it's certain that in a few hours, that place will be scorched by the fire of hell.

dth.

watzone
02-06-2008, 08:54 PM
68 degrees reminding one that Sprin is near ... 6 minutes before Packer blabs and carOlina can GO TO HELL!

Lavabe
02-06-2008, 08:54 PM

PS-they can still GTH!

She's a special niece!!

CRY, ROY, CRY!!!!

TAKE NOTHING, GIVE UP EVERYTHING!

9F Cheers Back at Her,
Lavabe

P.S. I believe I saw the Carolina girl STILL crying on ESPN.:p

TillyGalore
02-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Just returned from church services in Chapel Hell. As soon as I was leaving CH I swear there was a horrible smell, seriously! Oh and the temp dropped significantly.

Time to turn off computer to watch game.

GO TO HELL, carolina, GO TO HELL

TillyGalore
02-06-2008, 09:00 PM

PS-they can still GTH!

Nice job raising the next generation devildeac!!!

bigj4194
02-06-2008, 09:04 PM
All things must begin with Carolina Going to Hell.

well said

GO TO HELL carolina GO TO HELL

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Bob Harris says it's very hot in the Dome. Condensation on the floor may contribute to players slipping. ACC coaches must have agreed to no AC for big games.

devildeac
02-06-2008, 11:24 PM
Nice job raising the next generation devildeac!!!

Thanks, TG. She really is a quality young lady.

ArkieDukie
02-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Just finished watching the game 20 minutes ago. Walked outside and learned that the red glow to the east is visible even from Central AR.

devildeac
02-06-2008, 11:40 PM
I believe the chant would now be: Gone to hell, carolina, gone to hell!!

OZZIE4DUKE
02-06-2008, 11:42 PM
I believe the chant would now be: Gone to hell, carolina, gone to hell!!

It feels so good!9F