PDA

View Full Version : What Might Have Been

pfrduke
11-21-2007, 02:10 PM
In Pat Forde's article (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=3118401&sportCat=ncf&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos3) about the KU-MU football game this weekend, he talks about how Chase Daniel and Todd Reesing (the excellent quarterbacks for the two teams) were somewhat overlooked coming out of high school and had limited recruiting attention because of their size. Both blossomed into stars.

Both had Duke on their short list of schools.

duke74
11-21-2007, 03:09 PM
In Pat Forde's article (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=3118401&sportCat=ncf&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos3) about the KU-MU football game this weekend, he talks about how Chase Daniel and Todd Reesing (the excellent quarterbacks for the two teams) were somewhat overlooked coming out of high school and had limited recruiting attention because of their size. Both blossomed into stars.

Both had Duke on their short list of schools.

Skip Bayless on 1st and 10 just suggested that either of them should be the Heisman favorite (not Tebow)

juise
11-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Skip Bayless on 1st and 10 just suggested that either of them should be the Heisman favorite (not Tebow)

Colin Cowherd has been doing the same this week. (Yes, I know many of you don't appreciate him much.)

calltheobvious
11-21-2007, 03:25 PM

Is Skip Bayless still alive?

Patrick Yates
11-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Seriously, I'm worried about you guys.

Tebow has a 20/20 season, against SEC defenses, and you don't think he is the heisman frontrunner.

KU plays its first even decent team this weakend. There may not be a single team in the Big Twelve that would have a winning record in the SEC. Missouri has not exactly played a rough schedule either. The Big 12 North may be the worst BCS division in existance. The only thing keeping it from being the worst BCS division in HISTORY is the Big 12 North Division from last year.

Neither team wants any part of an LSU team that scraped out a win over Tebow and FL. If one of these Cinderfellas gets to the BCS against LSU, it wil make last years whitewashing look like the 92 Duke-KY Regional Final. LSU's D-linemen would be waiting for the QB in the pocket. LSU would hang 50+ on one of these losers, and the D's goal would be to see how many stops for a loss they could egineer (10+ sacks, numerous tackles for a loss).

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have either QB, and they have had good seasons, ish, but neither should be seriously considered for the Heisman. The engraver should have everything on it but the W by this point.

Patrick Yates

Wander
11-21-2007, 03:37 PM
There may not be a single team in the Big Twelve that would have a winning record in the SEC.

Wow. Seriously? Calm down dude.

juise
11-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Seriously, I'm worried about you guys.

We were quoting pundits. Nobody has said "and I agree with him." Also, the originial point of the thread was to say that these QB's are both very good and were considering Duke at one point.

Patrick, Patrick, Patrick.

rockymtn devil
11-21-2007, 04:26 PM
There may not be a single team in the Big Twelve that would have a winning record in the SEC.

But I suppose Louisiana-Monroe would? What about South Florida? Florida State? Cal?

Both of these teams would score points on LSU's allegedly dominant defense. The Tiger's give up almost 17 points a game, including 24 last week to Ole Miss.

throatybeard
11-21-2007, 04:28 PM
Mizzou did beat Illinois.