PDA

View Full Version : Princeton on TV? not according to ESPN

mark3401
11-19-2007, 04:26 PM
DBR says the Duke game is on ESPN2, but I checked both ESPN2 and ESPN2HD web sites and no game. Did I miss something?

SilkyJ
11-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Its definitely on ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD. I set my DVR last night.

From what I could tell when I was setting my DVR, all the games, for at least today, are on ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD

of course that doesn't mean they will actually BE in HD, but i'm thinking since this is one of the bigger "pre-season" tournaments (probably only 2nd to the preseason NIT, depending on who is playing in which tourney) it will be in HD.

How's that for some optimism Ozzie!

also, 9F

VaDukie
11-19-2007, 04:29 PM
yahoo tv's guide has the game on at 9.

Cavlaw
11-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Today's scoreboard (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/scoreboard) shows the UCLA-Maryland game on ESPN2 during our game. I'm hoping it is simply a typo, since the rest of the tournament is on ESPN2.

VaDukie
11-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Today's scoreboard (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/scoreboard) shows the UCLA-Maryland game on ESPN2 during our game. I'm hoping it is simply a typo, since the rest of the tournament is on ESPN2.

Maryland's game is at 7, ours is at 9.

mark3401
11-19-2007, 04:37 PM
I hope you guys are right.. on both counts: that it is, in fact, on ESPN2 and that it is on ESPNHD (and yes actually in HD).

mark3401
11-19-2007, 04:40 PM
But notice on that same scoreboard link you posted... there is no little ESPN2 logo next to it indicating it is on. Also look at:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/schedules

same deal

OZZIE4DUKE
11-19-2007, 04:43 PM
How's that for some optimism Ozzie!

also, 9F

Are you studying to be my apprentice? LOL

mbd1mbd1
11-19-2007, 04:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/espnGuide
has the game listed on espn2 and espn2HD.

Karl Beem
11-19-2007, 04:46 PM
This site (http://hd.espn.com/hd/)

indicates that the 7:00 Maryland game is in HD but not the Duke game.

mark3401
11-19-2007, 04:47 PM
weird inconsistency. It does appear on. But, unfortunately, not in HD

Cavlaw
11-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Maryland's game is at 7, ours is at 9.
Yes, it would help if I could actually read. I only know enough words to make that factually inaccurate statement and this sentence explaining it.

SilkyJ
11-19-2007, 04:48 PM
But notice on that same scoreboard link you posted... there is no little ESPN2 logo next to it indicating it is on. Also look at:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/schedules

same deal

that's weird. the scoreboard definitely had the logo earlier today. i'm sure it will be on though. just go to espn2 or espn2 HD at 9 eastern.

Jumbo
11-19-2007, 04:51 PM
I believe the gym is too small to utilize HD cameras. Plus, I imagine it's a lot of extra expense to do that from Hawaii. The Marquette game wasn't in HD, so I'm sure Duke's won't be, either.

mark3401
11-19-2007, 04:56 PM
I still find that hard to believe... expense, size, etc.. Transmission...maybe ?? dont think so. I guess they still have a bunch of old equipment they have to use until they are written off.

Consumer HD camcorders are completely mainstream at this point.

I want every game in HD... is that too much to ask.

Ok, I am off my soapbox.

flash
11-19-2007, 05:51 PM
I hate 9:00 ESPN telecasts. Be assured that the 7:00 game will still be going on well after 9:00. Particularly if the game is close or goes to OT. You will be amazed at the number of timeouts used late in the close games. Even if the game in a blowout they will not switch away till the bitter end.

rthomas
11-19-2007, 05:59 PM
I hate 9:00 ESPN telecasts. Be assured that the 7:00 game will still be going on well after 9:00. Particularly if the game is close or goes to OT. You will be amazed at the number of timeouts used late in the close games. Even if the game in a blowout they will not switch away till the bitter end.

Word.

Lord Ash
11-19-2007, 06:21 PM
That especially stinks for us teachers who have to get up at the crack of dawn. Those 9 games just go way too late, and I am tired and incoherent the next day.

mgtr
11-19-2007, 06:41 PM
That especially stinks for us teachers who have to get up at the crack of dawn. Those 9 games just go way too late, and I am tired and incoherent the next day.

However, you do still watch the games, right?

pamtar
11-19-2007, 06:48 PM
Assuming we win tonight, will the game tomorrow be televised nationally? My cable box says one game will be on ESPNU and the other on the deuce.

Deslok
11-19-2007, 07:02 PM

Some of us teachers will have been up for about 5 hours by the time the game tips off. Of course, we'll also be in the next day, since Hawaii is something like 19 hours behind Korean time. Ahhh well, at least the Tuesday and Wednesday game should be within my viewing times since I won't be working while the games are on.

Deslok

DevilAlumna
11-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Games that start at 7PM EST stink; means I won't even get out of the office before they're over. Starting at 9PM EST seems a little more fair to us fans on the Left Coast. :)

-jk
11-19-2007, 08:01 PM
And 9:00 games really suck for those of us who drive 4 hours home after the game!

-jk

gep
11-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Assuming we win tonight, will the game tomorrow be televised nationally? My cable box says one game will be on ESPNU and the other on the deuce.

According to the brackets, looks like the winners side are on ESPN, the losers side on ESPNU. http://www.mauiinvitational.com/bracket/index.asp

YmoBeThere
11-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Left Coast
Hmmm, where the heck is that? I thought you had the Atlantic, the Gulf of Mexico, the Great Lakes and everything else out there otherwise known as the "Basketball Tundra".

Sorry, just practicing being a Northeasterner...

heath_harshman4
11-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Hmmm, where the heck is that? I thought you had the Atlantic, the Gulf of Mexico, the Great Lakes and everything else out there otherwise known as the "Basketball Tundra".

haha the left coast is the part of the world that is super-liberal and west of the mississippi so it gets a little less coverage from espn. haha

DevilAlumna
11-19-2007, 08:32 PM

Hang on, let me try my retort:

Basketball Tundra? Man, the PAC-10 gets no respect. Don't forget, we've got Gonzaga out here too. It's an elitist East coast conspiracy that West coast schools don't get more air time.

No, can't type it without laughing out loud.... :D

YmoBeThere
11-19-2007, 08:50 PM
I couldn't type my stuff with a straight face either, guess growing up in AZ fried my brain...

Bob Green
11-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Games that start at 7PM EST stink; means I won't even get out of the office before they're over. Starting at 9PM EST seems a little more fair to us fans on the Left Coast. :)

Over here on the East Coast of Japan, a 9PM EST start time equates to 11AM TST and I get to watch basketball during lunch. :)

A 7PM EST start is 9AM TST and I have to watch basketball during working hours. :D

throatybeard
11-19-2007, 09:37 PM
All of this time zone bickering is just more evidence that BB is way overexposed. All these silly weekday games for no reason.

Bob Green
11-19-2007, 10:13 PM
..... All these silly weekday games for no reason.

If I didn't watch weekday games, I'd never see a NFL game. Why does the NFL play their games on Monday morning?

YmoBeThere
11-19-2007, 10:40 PM
If I didn't watch weekday games, I'd never see a NFL game. Why does the NFL play their games on Monday morning?

Haha, I guess everybody needs some excitement to start the week? Must be nice to have early morning baseball games too!