PDA

View Full Version : Bluedevils possible matchups in Maui

speedevil
11-17-2007, 10:25 PM
Duke plays Princeton on monday in the first round in Maui, but who would you rather see duke faceoff against in the second round and finals if the bluedevils can make it that far?

Round 2: Illinois or Arizona St.
Finals: Marquette, LSU, Oklahoma St, or Chaminade

mepanchin
11-18-2007, 01:38 AM
Marquette would be a good test and good revenge game. We need to see how our guards can match-up with another very good backcourt.

Illinois has some bigs that would be good practice for our guys. If we play ASU we could face off against Boateng too. I'd say Illinois/Marquette are my preferred two.

hurleyfor3
11-18-2007, 02:06 AM
I want us to beat Illinois, then Marquette, just to annoy all the idiot midwesterners I'm unfortunately surrounded by.

phaedrus
11-18-2007, 02:46 PM
The Illinois-Marquette-Wisconsin trifecta would make me a real popular guy at work (in Big 10 country).

VaDukie
11-18-2007, 05:42 PM
I certainly hope we make it to the finals and play marquette. It would be a great test for our guys.

pfrduke
11-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Duke plays Princeton on monday in the first round in Maui, but who would you rather see duke faceoff against in the second round and finals if the bluedevils can make it that far?

Round 2: Illinois or Arizona St.
Finals: Marquette, LSU, Oklahoma St, or Chaminade

The sentamentalist in me would like to play ASU, so we can see both Herb and Boateng again. The vengeful part of me would like to play LSU (even if the two teams are both almost 100% different now). The underdog in me would like to play Chaminade in the finals. The part of me that likes beer wants to play Illinois and Marquette (I have a coworker who's an Illini alum, and another who's a Marquette alum, and we're planning on hitting up the bar for each game, provided they happen).

So basically, I'd like to see Illinois and Marquette (what can I say - I like beer! =)

heath_harshman4
11-18-2007, 08:19 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing us face ASU in the second round to show how really weak the Pac-10 is. I live on the west coast and I am sick and tired of hearing how strong it is. UVA beat Zona @ Zona. come on. The Pac-10 is top heavy, not deep and strong like the ACC. so I want to see that. Then of course Marquette. to see if Coach K and the bunch have solved that "can be beat by 1-2 good guards" syndrome.

Wander
11-19-2007, 02:03 PM
Chaminade! I wouldn't be surprised if Marquette struggled with them today.

Wander
11-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Yup, I'm obviously a genius... :)

j.j. jones
11-19-2007, 04:01 PM
The sentamentalist in me would like to play ASU, so we can see both Herb and Boateng again. The vengeful part of me would like to play LSU (even if the two teams are both almost 100% different now). The underdog in me would like to play Chaminade in the finals. The part of me that likes beer wants to play Illinois and Marquette (I have a coworker who's an Illini alum, and another who's a Marquette alum, and we're planning on hitting up the bar for each game, provided they happen).

So basically, I'd like to see Illinois and Marquette (what can I say - I like beer! =)

For some reason, I was under the impression that Eric Boateng would have to sit out the first semester. Will he be playing in Maui? If so, I would like to see how he does, now that he's the man. Wouldn't mind a Marquette matchup as well, just to see how we fare vs their athletic guards. I have a feeling our own guards are pretty darn good and will be able to hold their own if such a matchup were to occur.

NovaScotian
11-19-2007, 04:46 PM
boateng should be ready to play. (and he should be ready to get his butt whupped). jamal actually won't be able to play at cal until the end of the first semester.

seriously though, imagine if we had had boateng last year or even this year - he could be the athletic center that zoubek just isn't.

Wander
11-19-2007, 04:49 PM
For some reason, I was under the impression that Eric Boateng would have to sit out the first semester. Will he be playing in Maui?

You are thinking of Boykin. Boateng will play.

Wouldn't mind a Marquette matchup as well, just to see how we fare vs their athletic guards. I have a feeling our own guards are pretty darn good and will be able to hold their own if such a matchup were to occur.

Marquette's guards will take 20 threes and make 1 if they're really lucky. For some reason Jay Bilas will continue saying that they're a good shooting team, just not selecting their shots very well.

mgtr
11-19-2007, 06:50 PM
Having seen the first half of the Oklahoma State game, I would be sort of worried about playing them -- a real tough matchup. Anderson will be a really good player (though he could be one and done). Hopefully Marquette will knock them off. i agree that Marquette would be a good test for Duke.