PDA

View Full Version : Dukies in the NBA - Friday edition

feldspar
11-17-2007, 12:42 AM
Carlos Boozer continues his tear through the NBA, putting up 26 and 11, but the Jazz lost at Cleveland. Only their third loss of the season, though.

JJ Redick actually got on the court tonight, which is at least a good sign. He played 1 minute, and went oh-fer everything. Magic improve to a surprising 8-2.

Mike Dunleavy scored 14 points in a loss to the Raptors, but shot 28% from the floor.

Shane Battier pulled in 16 points, 5 rebounds as the Rockets fell to the Spurs.

Shelden logged only 13 minutes in a 2-OT game against the awful Sonics. Kevin Durant won it at the buzzer with a 3.

The Clippers are currently down 10 to the Warriors, but Corey Maggette continues to benefit from Brand's absence. He's got 22 points, 11 rebounds and 5 assists as we speak, and there's still half a quarter left.

JasonEvans
11-17-2007, 08:28 AM
12 minutes is a HUGE improvement for Shel. He had basically not played at all the past 2 Hawks games. The coaching staff seems to have given up on him. I see this as a good sign as there is almost nothing about the Hawks coaching staff that strikes me as intelligent.

So JJ played one minute in a 25-point win. Woo hoo!! I think he is still struggling with that back injury. Those are slow healers. Still, it is good that he is getting back on the floor. Also worth noting, after a blazing start from outside might Keith Bogans finally be coming back to Earth. He shot just 2-10 from the field (1-6 from 3) last night. A few more games like that and a healthy back and we'll see JJ's minutes really go up, I think.

Worth noting, Shane's 16 points were a season high for him. He does what that teams needs him to do. Last night, McGrady was out with sore elbow. It should keep him out a couple more games so don't be shocked if Shane puts up 15-20 a night over the next few games before going back to his usual 6-12 ppg output.

Corey finished with 22, 12, and 5 assists as Golden State ran away from the Clips in the 4th quarter. It was the Warriors first win of the season.

--Jason "the Celtics remain unbeaten-- it is stunning to see how much better they are than last year-- Garnett is a cinch to win the MVP, IMO" Evans

jipops
11-17-2007, 10:04 PM
12 minutes is a HUGE improvement for Shel. He had basically not played at all the past 2 Hawks games. The coaching staff seems to have given up on him. I see this as a good sign as there is almost nothing about the Hawks coaching staff that strikes me as intelligent.

Al Horford is grabbing a ton of boards these days. I think this may be a big reason Shel has lost playing time as he also struggles to score.

Lost of other teams could use a guy like Shelden coming off the bench.

monkey
11-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Al Horford is grabbing a ton of boards these days. I think this may be a big reason Shel has lost playing time as he also struggles to score.

Lost of other teams could use a guy like Shelden coming off the bench.

Shelden is too good not to play for someone, somewhere

yancem
11-18-2007, 08:54 PM

Yeah, but when Sheldon gets into the game he seems to pull down a lot of rebounds too. Also, He looked good at the end of last season and during summer play. It seems odd to me to cut him out of the line up like they have.