PDA

View Full Version : The new JJ

dukelifer
11-16-2007, 06:31 PM
State's JJ Hickson had a monster game last night- 12-12 from the floor and scored 31. State is going to be a very tough out this year. Their guard play is a problem but they are big and strong, and will figure out a way to hide their ball handling weaknesses. It will be interesting to see how that team develops. Great start for the freshman- who if he continues to play like this will not be at State for very long.

Lord Ash
11-16-2007, 07:56 PM
I'd like to report this post to a moderator for daring to compare their JJ to OUR JJ. I just don't remember where the report button is. Is it that little yield sign thing in the top corner?

;)

Duke09
11-16-2007, 08:23 PM
they have the same name. Maybe a better title would have been "A new JJ"

Lord Ash
11-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Or "A nowhere NEAR as good JJ who should be legally forced to change his name to Tom."

phaedrus
11-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Hey I thought up some great nicknames and chants in case this Hickson guy is, like, really really good, and starts beating our butts in our own building all the time. For starters, we should call him Gay-Gay Hickson. And if he really starts laying the smack down on us at home, we can start chanting F*** you JJ! That'll be sure to rattle him.

What do you guys think? I put a lot of thought into those, and it would really make me proud as a Duke alum to hear those out of the Crazies. I also think the rest of the country would be impressed by our maturity and intelligence.

Bob Green
11-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Hickson is definitely living up to his billing early this season. However, just like our freshmen, I am holding back "crowning'em King" until they demonstrate consistentcy against quality competition.

throatybeard
11-16-2007, 08:58 PM
Hey I thought up some great nicknames and chants in case this Hickson guy is, like, really really good, and starts beating our butts in our own building all the time. For starters, we should call him Gay-Gay Hickson. And if he really starts laying the smack down on us at home, we can start chanting F*** you JJ! That'll be sure to rattle him.

What do you guys think? I put a lot of thought into those, and it would really make me proud as a Duke alum to hear those out of the Crazies. I also think the rest of the country would be impressed by our maturity and intelligence.

Good call. You live in Maryland, yes?

Jumbo
11-16-2007, 09:56 PM

You forgot the winky face ;)

micah75
11-16-2007, 10:02 PM

What do you guys think?

Love it!!! And after this Hickson guy really starts smacking us around big-time up and down the ACC for a couple of years, what about this: Check it out..... Get his cell phone number, pass it around, and have all your friends phone him in the middle of the night so he can't sleep! Just now thought of it and wanted to run it by you guys. He he, pretty clever, eh? ;)

Lord Ash
11-17-2007, 12:36 AM
Great ideas here; I suggest a follow up, when his team beats our teams rear-end, we should riot and burn our town and cars and destroy all the stores in our town too so that the Durham police end up buying a riot truck!

JBDuke
11-17-2007, 03:49 AM
Great ideas here; I suggest a follow up, when his team beats our teams rear-end, we should riot and burn our town and cars and destroy all the stores in our town too so that the Durham police end up buying a riot truck!

And better yet - let's find something really expensive that belongs to a major university sponsor - say something worth about $500,000 - and we can just destroy it after they've given our school millions of dollars!

Taco
11-17-2007, 04:12 AM
This Hickson guy got a sister?

Carlos
11-17-2007, 07:59 AM
How about calling Hickson "the JJ that we could really use on our team this year."

heath_harshman4
11-17-2007, 09:24 PM
call him the new JJ when he sets the ACC scoring record. Until then, I agree with Tom.

go tom hickson

Lord Ash
11-18-2007, 12:35 AM
go tom hickson

Heh heh heh.

hondoheel
11-18-2007, 01:18 AM
I didn't see the State/Bill and Mary game. Was JJ allowed to stiff arm his opponents away and go to the line just for flailing his arms in the air?

Jumbo
11-18-2007, 01:54 AM
I didn't see the State/Bill and Mary game. Was JJ allowed to stiff arm his opponents away and go to the line just for flailing his arms in the air?

No. But, oddly, Jackie Manuel jumped out of the stands and proceeded to tug on his jersey for 30 minutes... ;)

Carlos
11-18-2007, 07:33 AM

No, but that guy Tyler Hickson was able to take four steps, charge into his defender, heave the ball at the basket and draw the foul.

JasonEvans
11-18-2007, 08:03 AM
No. But, oddly, Jackie Manuel jumped out of the stands and proceeded to tug on his jersey for 30 minutes... ;)

Brilliant!!!

-JE

Indoor66
11-18-2007, 08:06 AM
No, but that guy Tyler Hickson was able to take four steps, charge into his defender, heave the ball at the basket and draw the foul.

You have to practice that continuation move prior to going to da league.

Lord Ash
11-18-2007, 08:49 AM
Hee hee hee... remember that conversation at the top of the forum, about mods being nicer? There SHOULD be a disclaimer put on there that this ONLY applies to Duke posters; Carolina fans will actually be treated with MORE distain than usual, as it should be!

:D

hondoheel
11-18-2007, 12:59 PM
You have to practice that continuation move prior to going to da league.

I do hope it translates to the league better than Shelden Hickson's "upper body is part of the ball" shotblocking did. :D

freedevil
11-18-2007, 09:23 PM
I do hope it translates to the league better than Shelden Hickson's "upper body is part of the ball" shotblocking did. :D

Shouldn't you be flooding Ol Roy's radio show with questions about why Quentin Thomas doesn't play more?

heath_harshman4
11-18-2007, 10:20 PM
OL Tom Hickson couldnt lead his team to beat University of New Orleans...wow....nope, not JJ quite yet.

Slackerb
11-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Although I wouldn't call 21 points and 13 boards a letdown performance.

If there was any reason State lost last night, it sure wasn't Mr. Hickson.

CDu
11-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Although I wouldn't call 21 points and 13 boards a letdown performance.

If there was any reason State lost last night, it sure wasn't Mr. Hickson.

Agreed. Hickson was VERY good last night.

This is a silly argument. Redick was an unbelievable college player in his junior and senior years. Hickson looks like he's going to be a very good college player as a freshman. They're both very good.