PDA

View Full Version : Law and Order CI meets Duke Lacrosse?

Channing
11-16-2007, 04:54 PM
I just saw a trailer for the next episode of Law and Order CI:

A college football team, a team party with strippers, dishonest strippers . . . seems to be based on the lacrosse case.

wilson
11-16-2007, 05:05 PM

A college football team, a team party with strippers, dishonest strippers . . . seems to be based on the lacrosse case.

"Ripped from the headlines," indeed.

captmojo
11-16-2007, 05:32 PM
This is truly unfortunate.:(

Channing
11-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Thursday November 29, 10pm, USA

Channing
11-28-2007, 05:10 PM
just a reminder for anyone interested in watching - Law and Order CI tomorrow night (USA/ 10pm) appears to be based on the Duke Lax Case

TillyGalore
11-28-2007, 05:36 PM
I can't bring myself to watch this as the wounds so to speak are still fresh. But am curious to find out what others think of it.

tombrady
11-29-2007, 10:15 AM
I can't bring myself to watch this as the wounds so to speak are still fresh. But am curious to find out what others think of it.

? this affected you so much you can't watch a tv show?

Bluedawg
11-29-2007, 12:29 PM

And I have to work tonight so I'll have to miss it. NBC is supposed to reply CI, but i can't find when.

alteran
11-29-2007, 02:41 PM
just a reminder for anyone interested in watching - Law and Order CI tomorrow night (USA/ 10pm) appears to be based on the Duke Lax Case

Their usual M.O when "ripping from today's headlines" is to base the first 2/3rds fairly faithfully on the real case (within the confines of the show), and then have a "surprise ending" which is totally different from the real case.

I shudder to think what that will be.

aimo
11-29-2007, 03:07 PM
Their usual M.O when "ripping from today's headlines" is to base the first 2/3rds fairly faithfully on the real case (within the confines of the show), and then have a "surprise ending" which is totally different from the real case.

I shudder to think what that will be.

Yeah, like when CSI did the Michael Peterson case, it ended up with the daughter pushing the woman down the stairs. And Grissom spitting ketchup on paper.

I hope this show doesn't stir up more controversy. This one will be Logan and the new woman. I prefer Goran and Eames.

Highlander
11-30-2007, 08:51 AM
Yeah, like when CSI did the Michael Peterson case, it ended up with the daughter pushing the woman down the stairs. And Grissom spitting ketchup on paper.

I hope this show doesn't stir up more controversy. This one will be Logan and the new woman. I prefer Goran and Eames.

There were some obvious similarities to the Lax case, leading little doubt that was the inspiration for the episode. It involved a football team instead of lacrosse team, a faulty lineup with only players in it, no dna evidence, evidence of previous sexual encounters from one victim, a stonewalling DA, racial slurs from both sides, etc. It was kind of eerie, actually.

Warning! Spoilers below...

One difference is that the case was more about the murder of one of the dancers than the actual party. The ending involved the mother of one of the players confessing to pushing one of the dancers down a flight of stairs. The wife of the DA, who was a "king maker" kind of character went by the house of the only player who couldn't afford a lawyer to browbeat them into cutting a deal, all the while knowing that the dancer scheduled to testify the next day was going to testify that nothing happened. Up until the confession at the end, you thought the DA's wife had done it to protect the case. Oh, and in another twist, one of the dancers was a virgin, although the DA claimed she'd been raped but refused to press charges. Very Nifong-esque.

Bluedawg
11-30-2007, 09:04 AM
And I have to work tonight so I'll have to miss it. NBC is supposed to reply CI, but i can't find when.

This should have read "NBC is supposed to replay CI, but i can't find when."