PDA

View Full Version : Speedo Guy! Where Art Thou?

EarlJam
11-16-2007, 09:09 AM
To kick off the new season and to get everyone even more fired up, could somebody please post a link to "Speedo Guy" from a few years back? The UNC game, right?

What an all-time classic moment at Cameron. That little prank went over well with the Cameron audience, Duke players, television viewers and even UNC players. I loved hearing the UNC guys talk about how they couldn't stop laughing.

Link anyone?

LLSG!

-EarlJam

OZZIE4DUKE
11-16-2007, 09:21 AM
To kick off the new season and to get everyone even more fired up, could somebody please post a link to "Speedo Guy" from a few years back? The UNC game, right?

What an all-time classic moment at Cameron. That little prank went over well with the Cameron audience, Duke players, television viewers and even UNC players. I loved hearing the UNC guys talk about how they couldn't stop laughing.

Link anyone?

LLSG!

-EarlJam

At Monday night's game vs. NMSU, the student endzone section featured "Lederhosen guy" during an early free throw attempt. It was inspired, and effective!

Lavabe
11-16-2007, 11:01 AM
At Monday night's game vs. NMSU, the student endzone section featured "Lederhosen guy" during an early free throw attempt. It was inspired, and effective!

Perhaps before the Kerlina game we can get someone to do the New Zealand All-Black Rugby pre-game Haka. Now THAT would be cool!

CRY ROY CRY!!
Cheers,
Lavabe

monkey
11-16-2007, 11:12 AM

Link anyone?

LLSG!

-EarlJam

I found this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RptmUo2L1I0)on YouTube:

EarlJam
11-16-2007, 11:25 AM
I found this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RptmUo2L1I0)on YouTube:

Awesome, thanks!

The beauty....the absolute magnificent beauty of that whole thing was how well it worked. Two bricks. And look at Speedo Guy's reaction after the second miss. Look at his reaction. He's absolutely beside himself. He knows. He KNOWS he just pulled off one of the greatest, most effective solo-acts in CIS history.

Rock on Speedo Guy!

-EarlJam

throatybeard
11-16-2007, 11:27 AM
I actually liked his second appearance better, if only for the butterfly dance.

monkey
11-16-2007, 11:33 AM
I actually liked his second appearance better, if only for the butterfly dance.

Anyone have any video of this? I was in London and didn't see this live - had to put up with internet radio and chat ...

jlear
11-16-2007, 04:16 PM

The "Lederhosen guy" guy was there on Friday night as well...Free throw shooters are 0-2 when Lederhosen guy does his thing!

77devil
11-16-2007, 05:12 PM
Ozzie - I like the avatar. Is that really your license plate? Hope your car isn't vadalized.

Lavabe
11-16-2007, 07:01 PM
The "Lederhosen guy" guy was there on Friday night as well...Free throw shooters are 0-2 when Lederhosen guy does his thing!

I smell another statistics project!! [Remember that one?]

Lederhosen Guy vs. Speedo Guy vs. CrazyTowelGuy

CRY ROY CRY!

Cheers,
Lavabe

dukerev
11-16-2007, 07:13 PM
As a Divinity School alum, I'm proud of Speedo Guy, a fellow Div student. I also remember one of my years at Duke for the UNC game ('96?) some of the Div students made a sheet that said, "Duke Divinity School says Carolina Go to Hell!" We actually debated whether God loved Tar Heels or not. Go Speedo Guy! Go Duke!