PDA

View Full Version : Legacy of the "Favorite Player" Polling

EarlJam
11-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Seems there are some new posters to the board. I noticed during the whole "Favorite Player" polling that some people said they registered just so they could vote.

I'm not sure, but did the whole event create a new wave of posters and visitors to the board? Sort of a "Poster Boom" if you will? If so, that's pretty cool. Can this be verified? Jason Evans - Marketing Genius!

-EarlJam

wilson
11-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Jason Evans - Marketing Genius!

-EarlJam

To some, it's apparently more like "Jason Evans - Board Ruiner"**.

**I do not count myself among those curmudgeons...Also, I just got to use the word "curmudgeon."

killerleft
11-15-2007, 01:53 PM
I just looked up curmudgeon. That means I can now make up a new word to celebrate my continuing journey into "curmudgeondom".

juise
11-15-2007, 02:10 PM
While the poll was very fun, it also coincided with the beginning of the season. I think that the latter factor may be of more consequence.

EarlJam
11-15-2007, 02:32 PM
While the poll was very fun, it also coincided with the beginning of the season. I think that the latter factor may be of more consequence.

So you're calling me a liar? You think you're better than me?

-EarlJam

juise
11-15-2007, 02:46 PM
It's go time!

Mandlebaum! Mandlebaum! Mandlebaum!

EarlJam
11-15-2007, 02:49 PM
It's go time!

Mandlebaum! Mandlebaum! Mandlebaum!

I'm so glad you got that. I was hoping it wasn't necessary for me to put "just kidding" underneath my message.

-EarlJam, Oh, my back!!!!

captmojo
11-15-2007, 05:15 PM
I just looked up curmudgeon. That means I can now make up a new word to celebrate my continuing journey into "curmudgeondom".

I'm glad to see I won't be alone when I get there. It won't be long either!:eek:

wilson
11-15-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm glad to see I won't be alone when I get there. It won't be long either!:eek:

There's nothing to worry about! Curmudgeondom is to be celebrated and embraced, not feared. My parents have been telling me I'm an old man since I was about four, and I am PROUD.

throatybeard
11-15-2007, 05:57 PM
CameronBlue says he imagines my curmudgeonly ways extending to holding a rifle and smoking a corn cob pipe.

I assure you that's totally inaccurate. It's a rifle and a liter of Doppelbock.

merry
11-16-2007, 09:21 AM
So you're calling me a liar? You think you're better than me?

-EarlJam

I'm sure you meant "better than I". Jeez can't we have some standards around here? (Pained, heavy sigh)

EarlJam
11-16-2007, 09:29 AM
I'm sure you meant "better than I". Jeez can't we have some standards around here? (Pained, heavy sigh)

Nope. Meant "better than me" - a direct quote from a Seinfeld episode (see above)!

-EarlJam

P.S. I am more aggravated by people that think they are being proper by ALWAYS saying, "I" even when it's wrong (e.g., "Susan bought the rubber thingy with batteries for you and I.")

JasonEvans
11-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Shane Battier registered and posted-- if that is its only legacy I will be quite happy.

FWIW, I agree that the start of the season probably has a lot more to do with the posting explosion. Wait until we hit March-- you will have to refresh the EK page every hour to keep threads from dropping off the first page!!

--Jason "I hope the posting explosion continues all the way into early April... if you get my drift" Evans

Travis
11-16-2007, 12:25 PM
I just heard on the radio today that Jason's concept is spreading. The radio station is doing "A Favorite Redskin player" contest on their web page. Clearly a copy; I hope Jason gets royalties ;)

Travis

elvis14
11-16-2007, 02:28 PM
Shane Battier registered and posted-- if that is its only legacy I will be quite happy.

Shane is how I found DBR in the first place. He mentioned the site in an interview and I had to come find you guys. I've gotten less work done ever since.

Taco
11-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Though I had been lurking for a while, I did register just to try and save Grant from what I thought was an early exit.